Sign in to follow this  
jhuyser

LEGO Incredibles Video Game

5 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I think Wall-E is pretty likely given it's unlikely there will be a Wall-E 2 to justify a videogame based around it.

Probably Toy Story as well, since Toy Story and WALL-E have both been previously represented by Lego.

5 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Probably Toy Story as well, since Toy Story and WALL-E have both been previously represented by Lego.

I doubt we'll see any Toy Story characters, because there are enough characters in that franchise to cover a game. I also imagine that they will probably release a Toy Story game to tie in with the fourth movie when that's released.

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I doubt we'll see any Toy Story characters, because there are enough characters in that franchise to cover a game. I also imagine that they will probably release a Toy Story game to tie in with the fourth movie when that's released.

A Toy Story LEGO video would be an interesting situation with characters like Mr Potato Head and Barbie being owned by other toy companies. So they'd most likely have to make a new story to deal with the problem.

Honestly I hope we don't get one. I'm really sick of the generic gameplay we have been getting since LSW. Really can't TT think of something creative instead of revisiting the same gameplay? 

Edited by jhuyser

8 hours ago, jhuyser said:

A Toy Story LEGO video would be an interesting situation with characters like Mr Potato Head and Barbie being owned by other toy companies. So they'd most likely have to make a new story to deal with the problem.

Honestly I hope we don't get one. I'm really sick of the generic gameplay we have been getting since LSW. Really can't TT think of something creative instead of revisiting the same gameplay? 

With the combination of two giant companies in LEGO and Disney, I don't think it would be too hard for them to strike a deal with the companies that own Mr Potato Head and Barbie.

Personally, I would find it a shame if there was ever a point where we'd stop getting these games. They're always great fun, and much better than the so called 'hardcore' games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. 

4 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

With the combination of two giant companies in LEGO and Disney, I don't think it would be too hard for them to strike a deal with the companies that own Mr Potato Head and Barbie.

Personally, I would find it a shame if there was ever a point where we'd stop getting these games. They're always great fun, and much better than the so called 'hardcore' games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. 

These games do mix things up to a greater degree than something like Call of Duty ever does.

Y'know LEGO is competition for companies like Hasbro and Mattel, right? And also both of them have there own ripoff building system brands like Mega crud and Kreo. It'd be be like DC and Marvel working together today: something thats not going to happen.

Generally from what I've seen in the files, most games use the same mechanics usually throwing in some small change and then they advertise the heck out of it. The only way LEGO video games keep going is because they use IPs to sell them, which is a common sales tactic.

Edited by jhuyser

On 18/01/2018 at 1:55 PM, jhuyser said:

Y'know LEGO is competition for companies like Hasbro and Mattel, right? And also both of them have there own ripoff building system brands like Mega crud and Kreo. It'd be be like DC and Marvel working together today: something thats not going to happen.

LEGO is also making a load more money than Hasbro and Mattel.

Sony Pictures was competition for Disney, but they struck a deal to share Spider-Man.

Twentieth Century Fox was competition for Disney, but Disney bought them.

Whilst I don't think a Twentieth Century Fox situation will happen, I could see a Sony Pictures scenario being possible.

On 1/20/2018 at 9:31 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

LEGO is also making a load more money than Hasbro and Mattel.

Sony Pictures was competition for Disney, but they struck a deal to share Spider-Man.

Twentieth Century Fox was competition for Disney, but Disney bought them.

Whilst I don't think a Twentieth Century Fox situation will happen, I could see a Sony Pictures scenario being possible.

I agree. And Lego seems to have enough cooperative persuasion to make things work; they managed to get Star Wars characters into The Lego Movie, despite the fact that the companies involved would have made that far trickier to do. So it sounds plausible.

1 minute ago, PepperoniBricks said:

they managed to get Star Wars characters into The Lego Movie, despite the fact that the companies involved would have made that far trickier to do. So it sounds plausible.

Pretty sure that was decided on back in 2012 before Disney bought out Lucasfilm. Also I’ve heard TLBM concept art had Disney characters that obviously weren’t in TLBM.

On 18. 1. 2018 at 2:55 PM, jhuyser said:

It'd be be like DC and Marvel working together today: something thats not going to happen.

Yes, it would be impossible, but it would be great.

The Incredibles game will be based on both movies and will be titled The Incredibles. It is a multi platform game, this was confirmed in a advertisement for the game found on reddit

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Incredibles game will be based on both movies and will be titled The Incredibles. It is a multi platform game, this was confirmed in a advertisement for the game found on reddit

OK, I just found the promo image myself, and...

No, not loving that BigFig-esque torso of Mr. Incredible's. :thumbdown: :hmpf_bad:

On 8/25/2017 at 9:09 PM, legonerd54321 said:

If we were getting an actual video game for the Incredibles, I would want an actual line of sets, not just Juniors. The fact that they're all Juniors makes me think this is just a mobile game.

Juniors sets are still sets.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:16 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

On 1/17/2018 at 6:54 PM, jhuyser said:

Indeed, it's one thing to simply not include those characters in the sets; it's another to recreate scenes from the narratives without them in a game. But I'm sure it could be done. Whether they will is a different matter.

On 1/17/2018 at 6:54 PM, jhuyser said:

You do have the option of not buying them if you don't want them, of course. There are plenty of us for whom the formula does work.

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

OK, I just found the promo image myself, and...

No, not loving that BigFig-esque torso of Mr. Incredible's. :thumbdown: :hmpf_bad:

I beg to differ, Mr. Incredible's defining feature has always been his exaggerated musculature. For me, he never truly worked as a normal fig, and all of my own ideas for figs (I need a hobby) have used an Axl-esque top heavy torso.

Later this year, wait what? Isn't it suppose to be released alongside the movie? Or does later this year mean summer?

Edited by Ordinareo

45 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I beg to differ, Mr. Incredible's defining feature has always been his exaggerated musculature. For me, he never truly worked as a normal fig, and all of my own ideas for figs (I need a hobby) have used an Axl-esque top heavy torso.

Well, don't get me wrong, I do think Mr. Incredible could use a new torso design, just not one that is that specific and specialized. Preferably, I'd want to see a new torso piece which more resembles the standard one, but is a wider, upside-down incarnation of the original. It just seems more consistent that way, if you can imagine what I'm talking about.

8 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

J

Indeed, it's one thing to simply not include those characters in the sets; it's another to recreate scenes from the narratives without them in a game. But I'm sure it could be done. Whether they will is a different matter.

I think the vast number of IPs in LEGO Dimensions shows it can be. Hasbro may think their characters in a LEGO game would improve their sales.

On 3/19/2018 at 8:25 AM, Blondie-Wan said:

You do have the option of not buying them if you don't want them, of course. There are plenty of us for whom the formula does work.

Not sure if this is really comparable, but the Super Hero games include real life celebrities and Daffy Duck was in LB3 if I remember correctly, despite Lego not having partnerships with Conan O’Brien, Kevin Smith or Looney Tunes. While Looney Tunes and DC are both owned by Warner Brothers, it shows that the games are at least able to include characters or franchises that physical sets haven’t/can’t. 

So while Lego profiting off Potato Head and Barbie figures is unrealistic, maybe there’s a less strict notion of including them in a video game? 

1 hour ago, saysonder said:

Not sure if this is really comparable, but the Super Hero games include real life celebrities and Daffy Duck was in LB3 if I remember correctly, despite Lego not having partnerships with Conan O’Brien, Kevin Smith or Looney Tunes. While Looney Tunes and DC are both owned by Warner Brothers, it shows that the games are at least able to include characters or franchises that physical sets haven’t/can’t. 

So while Lego profiting off Potato Head and Barbie figures is unrealistic, maybe there’s a less strict notion of including them in a video game? 

There's a huge difference, though. Looney Tunes and DC are both Warner properties - just as Star Wars and Indiana Jones are both Lucasfilm properties, which made it easy for the makers of those games to include characters from each of those two franchises in the other's LEGO games.

Barbie and Ken, Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head, and Slinky Dog are different matters, though. Not only are they not the property of Pixar (or Disney), they're actually the properties of other toy companies than LEGO - some of LEGO's biggest competitors, in fact. I may be wrong, but I strongly suspect LEGO wouldn't want them in the game, even if it could use them for free. LEGO, Mattel, Hasbro, etc. don't want to promote one another.

13 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

There's a huge difference, though. Looney Tunes and DC are both Warner properties - just as Star Wars and Indiana Jones are both Lucasfilm properties, which made it easy for the makers of those games to include characters from each of those two franchises in the other's LEGO games.

Barbie and Ken, Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head, and Slinky Dog are different matters, though. Not only are they not the property of Pixar (or Disney), they're actually the properties of other toy companies than LEGO - some of LEGO's biggest competitors, in fact. I may be wrong, but I strongly suspect LEGO wouldn't want them in the game, even if it could use them for free. LEGO, Mattel, Hasbro, etc. don't want to promote one another.

I doubt LEGO is worried about competition from  Mattel, Hasbro etc and I'm sure the other toy companies who are doing worse than LEGO would value the advertising in a LEGO game. They're never going to make more money than LEGO regardless, so LEGO would be safe either way.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, jhuyser said:

Pretty sure that was decided on back in 2012 before Disney bought out Lucasfilm. Also I’ve heard TLBM concept art had Disney characters that obviously weren’t in TLBM.

Oh really? I'd like to see which Disney characters had concept art.

On 23/03/2018 at 7:08 PM, legosamsonite said:

Theres pics of the game case out on instagram

Looks like a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see if the game uses the cartoony aesthetic LEGO Dimensions used for animation franchises.