Sign in to follow this  
jhuyser

LEGO Incredibles Video Game

According to a recent leak we will be getting a new video game to go with the set line. 

Edited by jhuyser

The leak isn't very specific. It's most likely just an app game, though I'm not against the concept of a full game.

Edited by Penkid11

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

The leak isn't very specific. It's most likely just an app game, though I'm not against the concept of a full game.

It would be really cool if it was just a Disney video game. Don't get me wrong I'd love an Incredibles game but if it was all of the Disney franchise it opens up so many opportunities.

A LEGO Incredibles game would be interesting, but would there be enough content?

I know LEGO Avengers covered two movies, but it also included scenes from other Marvel Cinematic Universe films. I suppose they could include the sequel videogame The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

A LEGO Incredibles game would be interesting, but would there be enough content?

I know LEGO Avengers covered two movies, but it also included scenes from other Marvel Cinematic Universe films. I suppose they could include the sequel videogame The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer.

If they did all of the character seen, even briefly, it would be enough for a mid-sized roster. It would also be quite dark, as so many of the characters were seen in Edna's "no-capes" death montage or as confirmed kills in Syndrome's computer. But hey, I'm down for a little dark humor.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If they did both movies, I'd say there should be enough content to cover the game.

As much as I would like to get an Incredibles only game, it would be cool to see a Lego Pixar game, so a game that encompasses all the Pixar movies, in their own separate movies. So Toy Story, Incredibles, A Bugs Life, Wall E, Cars etc.

3 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

If they did all of the character seen, even briefly, it would be enough for a mid-sized roster. It would also be quite dark, as so many of the characters were seen in Edna's "no-capes" death montage or as confirmed kills in Syndrome's computer. But hey, I'm down for a little dark humor.

It's not the roster that would be the problem, it's how many levels they could get from two films. Given most LEGO games cover three-four films, surely it would be wiser for them to wait for a third Incredibles movie?

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

If they did both movies, I'd say there should be enough content to cover the game.

As much as I would like to get an Incredibles only game, it would be cool to see a Lego Pixar game, so a game that encompasses all the Pixar movies, in their own separate movies. So Toy Story, Incredibles, A Bugs Life, Wall E, Cars etc.

We don't know how long the second Incredibles film is yet. Maybe if it's one hour 56 minutes like the first film, but anything less and they'd surely have to really stretch it out.

If we are to get The Incredibles in a LEGO videogame, I definitely think your suggestion of one overall LEGO Pixar game would work better.

59 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It's not the roster that would be the problem, it's how many levels they could get from two films. Given most LEGO games cover three-four films, surely it would be wiser for them to wait for a third Incredibles movie?

They stretched Kingdom of the Crystal Skull into as much content as the original 3 Indiana Jones films combined in Indy 2, pulled 2 Hobbit films for a full game, and even made Force Awakens, one movie, into one game. I don't think they're afraid to stretch it out. Of course, all of this is assuming that it is a full-release title and not, for example, a smaller mobile game like Lego releases for many themes.

Pretty excited for this! I always hoped they'd make a LEGO Pixar video game. They missed their chance with Toy Story and Cars, so I'm glad we're seeing The Incredibles get the treatment! I hope to see lots of Easter eggs and references to other Pixar films :grin:

8 hours ago, npgcole said:

Pretty excited for this! I always hoped they'd make a LEGO Pixar video game. They missed their chance with Toy Story and Cars, so I'm glad we're seeing The Incredibles get the treatment! I hope to see lots of Easter eggs and references to other Pixar films :grin:

They haven't with Toy Story. Toy Story 4 comes out in 2019.

As much as I would love this, I don't think this game will be a full-fledged videogame. While I do think that there is enough material to make a game out of (there plenty of iconic action scenes in the first movie alone), I don't think it would make sense to develop one just to promote 3 Juniors sets. It will most likely just be a mobile or online game like the Disney Princess one. I'd love to be proven wrong though. And yes, I very much like the idea of a wider Disney/Pixar game encompassing multiple franchises!

If we were getting an actual video game for the Incredibles, I would want an actual line of sets, not just Juniors. The fact that they're all Juniors makes me think this is just a mobile game.

Well we can only hope that it will be a full fledged game. I mean what the sequel's coming out next year? Who's to say they WON'T make any sets for the new movie? They made sets for the Pirates of the Caribbean films as well the Marvel cinematic universe as well as Cars 3 so maybe they will. But until we get some confirmation on their part we don't know what to expect. 

10 hours ago, Starscream759 said:

Well we can only hope that it will be a full fledged game. I mean what the sequel's coming out next year? Who's to say they WON'T make any sets for the new movie? They made sets for the Pirates of the Caribbean films as well the Marvel cinematic universe as well as Cars 3 so maybe they will. But until we get some confirmation on their part we don't know what to expect. 

There's 3 sets for the movie coming in May of next year.

Oh. But they are regular sets right? Not junior ones? Cuz I do know Cars 3 did have junior sets.

Edited by Starscream759

7 hours ago, Starscream759 said:

Oh. But they are regular sets right? Not junior ones? Cuz I do know Cars 3 did have junior sets.

No they're Juniors.

7 hours ago, jhuyser said:

I would like to see this happen. Even if they use every single named character in the movies, the roster would still be a tad smaller and more focused than most recent Lego games, which would make for a far less daunting 100% than some of the games allow.

I'm guessing it's fair to assume it will follow the plot of both movies. It would be stupid to only do Incredibles 2 in LEGO videogame form, given that it follows on directly from the first movie.

Eurogamer have confirmed this definitely follows the plots of both movies:

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/01/16/eurogamer-says-lego-incredibles-and-lego-dc-villains-rumour-is-spot-on/

Thank God for that. I was a bit concerned when the rumour stated it was going to be called 'LEGO Incredibles 2'. Hopefully that's just a placeholder name and the real title is 'LEGO The Incredibles: The Videogame'. 

Also: apparently there are  "more than a few nods to other famous Pixar franchises.”, so we might get other Pixar characters in the character roster.

5 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Eurogamer have confirmed this definitely follows the plots of both movies:

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/01/16/eurogamer-says-lego-incredibles-and-lego-dc-villains-rumour-is-spot-on/

Thank God for that. I was a bit concerned when the rumour stated it was going to be called 'LEGO Incredibles 2'. Hopefully that's just a placeholder name and the real title is 'LEGO The Incredibles: The Videogame'. 

Also: apparently there are  "more than a few nods to other famous Pixar franchises.”, so we might get other Pixar characters in the character roster.

Ooh, I would love the other Pixar characters! I want to see a minifig-scale Wall-e so badly!

9 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Ooh, I would love the other Pixar characters! I want to see a minifig-scale Wall-e so badly!

I think Wall-E is pretty likely given it's unlikely there will be a Wall-E 2 to justify a videogame based around it.