Sign in to follow this  
rkkm

[HELP] RC Unit Compatible Controller

The darkest time has comed, bad forces of.... wait, meh just kids existing in my house knowded as my cousines just have used my rc controller as boat in pool.

So, yeah - i need help with getting new, i have decieded that i will buy those pistol typed rc controller, i know that it has to have tacting at 27.145 mhz, but is that all? if i buy pistol typed controller tacting at 27.145 mhz will it actually work? And final question is range, my though is that normal rc controllers would have better range but correct me if im wrong.

Im surprisingly happy even my controller was used as boat, maybe cause of that it was used as boat supposed to transport Little ponnies :P  

If I remember correctly, and this may just be for more expensive models, 27mhz controllers/receivers need matching crystals (that you plug in) to work together.

But like @PorkyMonster said, it's probably better to ask this question somewhere else - especially when it has nothing to do with Lego...

Edit:  Here's a link to a similar question: https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130215014849AARjOoz

Edited by mocbuild101

You can check out this old thread too - 

One post within mentioned that the signalling protocol used by Lego's RC unit differs from other 3rd party RC controllers even when they're on the same frequency.