Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Looks like you’re right, there are only 2 connection points. My mistake! 

I doubt a $70 set would have enough room for a car, a giant tree, and a piece of Hogwarts that connects to the Great Hall unless they just want us to have a tree coming out of the back of the Hall. I think that it’s designed to connect to something else. Maybe Lego will release the D2C without a Hall but keep the Great Hall set on shelves as long as the D2C.

I don't think they would have mentioned connecting the Great Hall to the Whomping Willow if the Great Hall was supposed to connect to something else.

2 hours ago, topiku said:

I should actually be happy that we are getting a cmf Harry Potter series, but i just can‘t be..

Let‘s say they put figures in there like Remus, Sirius, Mad eye etc., that means that they won‘t show up in future sets for a while, because whats the point of having a cmf series with characters you could get form sets. 

And I don‘t like this because I can‘t spend 3,99€ on a single minifigure.

What‘s your opinion on this topic?

I'd rather buy the characters as CMF minifigures than spend the money on multiple sets that I probably won't completely like to get the 5 or so minifigures I'm looking for.

10 hours ago, dforce said:

Ahhh, the uncertainty!  I'd love to get more sets that haven't been done before, like the Whomping Willow rather than another Quidditch set.  I know of course that many people were not able to get the sets in 2010-2011, but there are so many parts of the Harry Potter world that haven't been attempted before that I wish they'd try something new. 

For instance:

• Cave set with a couple of Inferi from HBP (small boat and outcropping, similar to the LOTR set a few years back with Bilbo and Gollum)
  • Weasley family tent from GF (a fun way to get some Bulgaria, Ireland torso prints)
  • Ministry of Magic (both the main lobby with fountain, and Department of Mysteries)
  • Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (colorful set that could fit in with Diagon Alley)
  • Hogsmeade (Any of the shops, particularly in a winter scene as that was emphasized in the films)
  • Umbridge's Office (with its loads of pink)
  • Anything with the centaurs (off all the magical creatures, these are the ones I would most like to see)

I know these are mostly from the later books (while these upcoming sets are starting with 1-2) but they're still on my wish list.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Hogsmeade and the Ministry of Magic are a must down the line.

48 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Hogsmeade and the Ministry of Magic are a must down the line.

I could see a Hogsmeade coming out next year. I'm not sure about the other ones though. By the time the line finishes, we probably will.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I don't think they would have mentioned connecting the Great Hall to the Whomping Willow if the Great Hall was supposed to connect to something else.

I'd rather buy the characters as CMF minifigures than spend the money on multiple sets that I probably won't completely like to get the 5 or so minifigures I'm looking for.

Why not? This set could be like the Batman Movie Batcave and Ninjago City- they weren’t mentioned as being able to connect to anything because their add on sets arrived one year later, and the D2C Hogwarts seems to be arriving at least 3 months after this wave. They wouldn’t want to “announce” a huge Hogwarts D2C in the description of the Great Hall. I think it can easily connect to other sets. I see no point in having one set connect to two different areas on the Hall, and as I previously mentioned I don’t think the $70 price could support two add on builds. 

20 hours ago, topiku said:

I‘ve never heard of somebody saying we would get a quidditch set, is it just a rumor or true?

Catanas hinted at it and someone else confirmed we are getting a Quidditch set. It is a really strong rumor.

4 hours ago, hotdogs11 said:

I could see a Hogsmeade coming out next year. I'm not sure about the other ones though. By the time the line finishes, we probably will.

I imagine that a Hogsmeade set will feature Honeydukes, the Three Broomsticks and maybe the Shrieking Shack?

Guys

do you really think that people would buy a great hall if the D2c include the great hall? 

Do you think if you are a hardcore lover of harry potter, you would buy a great hall and a D2C hogwart with the great hall include?

Look, if you decide to include the great hall in D2C, even small, you need to retreat the same design that the set Great hall and the tower with.

I bet that the great hall will not include in D2C.

21 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

do you really think that people would buy a great hall if the D2c include the great hall? 

Yes, if people can't afford the big D2C set, they would likely buy the Great Hall instead.

21 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Do you think if you are a hardcore lover of harry potter, you would buy a great hall and a D2C hogwart with the great hall include?

If you are a big enough fan with a big enough wallet, you would buy both.  Otherwise, you'd buy the big D2C set if you could afford that.  If you couldn't afford that, you'd buy the Great Hall.

22 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Look, if you decide to include the great hall in D2C, even small, you need to retreat the same design that the set Great hall and the tower with.

Not exactly.  The design will likely be a bit different between the 2 sets.  Will there be similarities?  Sure, but it won't be the same.

23 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

I bet that the great hall will not include in D2C.

And I bet it will.

It wouldn't make sence why they wouldn't include the great hall. Lego has never been such a jerk and made you buy another $100 set after paying $600 for the entire castle. Thats like the UCS millennium falcon not including the cockpit...it wouldn't make sence.

I would be fine with a repeated Great Hall in the D2C if it’s absolutely magnificent. I think they should leave it out and then they could focus on all other parts of the castle with their budget, giving us a truly complete and cohesive Hogwarts for the first time. If a Great Hall and the adjoining tower are made in the D2C then they’re going to take up a lot of pieces and leave less room for other parts of the castle. 

4 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I imagine that a Hogsmeade set will feature Honeydukes, the Three Broomsticks and maybe the Shrieking Shack?

I'd like to see a Zonkos though.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think they should leave it out and then they could focus on all other parts of the castle with their budget, giving us a truly complete and cohesive Hogwarts for the first time.

It wouldn't be truly complete if it didn't have the Great Hall...

For all the people thinking the great hall in the D2C is going to be better than the $100 one.  I think that your setting yourselves up for disappointment.  There is no way they are doing a more detailed great hall in the D2C.  It might be in the set but not as detailed as the one we've already seen.  Its just what I'm thinking.  I can't wait to see the rest of the sets though.  

31 minutes ago, hotdogs11 said:

I'd like to see a Zonkos though.

Was Zonko's ever featured on the movies?

I only remember it being mentioned briefly by Ron.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

It wouldn't be truly complete if it didn't have the Great Hall...

Which you can still buy separately. I can’t buy a bridge, herbology lab, or clock tower separately. I think a Great Hall might be included in the D2C but if it is I hope it’s worth it. I’m not opposed to it being in there, I just hope it isn’t and think it’s redudant to put one in after making it the focus of its own $100 set.

6 hours ago, azog said:

It wouldn't make sence why they wouldn't include the great hall. Lego has never been such a jerk and made you buy another $100 set after paying $600 for the entire castle. Thats like the UCS millennium falcon not including the cockpit...it wouldn't make sence.

It is not being a jerk, but a smart move to get people collecting every set in the line! That is nothing like the MF without a cockpit.. There have been 4 previous versions of Hogwarts, from what I can see on the pictures only half have a version of the great hall, they are still recognised as a Hogwarts castle. It is not like Lego have a huge Hogwarts with a GH that should cost 500$ (or whatever), then they remove the GH and sell that separately for 100$ and still sell rest of the castle for 500$ :wacko: They are not ripping us off, the pieces they would have used for the GH in the d2c are put to good use elsewhere in the castle :sweet:

10 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I think shrieking shack is a separate set down the line, but maybe the train station, Hog's Head Inn and zonko's in addition to the ones you name is possible :classic:

13 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t think the $70 price could support two add on builds. 

It is only 50$ so even less likely :tongue:

15 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Do you really think those two sets are primarily targeted to the same audience? And despite that i still think there will be plenty people buying both (including me) even in case they both contain the great hall.

13 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Was Zonko's ever featured on the movies?

I only remember it being mentioned briefly by Ron.

It was. Search it on google.

6 hours ago, Lego Petman said:

Have we got new photos since Great Hall?Can’t read whole thread 

I joined when we were on the 86th page.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Where did you hear that price? $50 would be a better price in my opinion.

On the bottom of page 96 :tongue:

Wow almost at page 100 *oh2*.

Anyway about the D2C and the Great Hall, I see it like this:

We'll already get a very detailed Great Hall and there's no way they will remake this one for the D2C so it can either go 2 ways. 

1. The Great Hall is way bigger, they went all way to make it stand out giving us an incredible set. However that would leave no place for every other part of Hogwarts. Hogwarts might not be complete without a great hall (which we get either way) but neither without the other parts.

2. The Great Hall would be smaller, less detailed. Which would mean the other parts of the castle will be smaller as well. It will be less of a display piece and more of a playset that wouldn't fit next to the other sets. It will probably look like set 4842 but with more buildings. So more a mix of smaller sets instead of what we usually except from a D2C set. I can't see it go any other ways.

On 29.03.2018 at 6:55 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Why not? This set could be like the Batman Movie Batcave and Ninjago City- they weren’t mentioned as being able to connect to anything because their add on sets arrived one year later, and the D2C Hogwarts seems to be arriving at least 3 months after this wave. They wouldn’t want to “announce” a huge Hogwarts D2C in the description of the Great Hall. I think it can easily connect to other sets. I see no point in having one set connect to two different areas on the Hall, and as I previously mentioned I don’t think the $70 price could support two add on builds. 

The price for Whomping Willow is actually 50€, which is 50$. Sir Von Lego confirmed it.

It is supposed to include only a tree and a car.