Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Leakers said a minifig of Lupin in it. But no clue about that.

I don’t think there is a figure coming at all with this book. They mean that when it says which Hogwarts professor is secertely a ware wolf, it is most likely a hint that Lupin is coming somewhere in this line because this book is based off the new sets not the old

1 hour ago, orangecommander715 said:

Image result for how many whomping willows are in hogwartsImage result for how many whomping willows are in hogwarts 

As for the Willow itself, Year 3's is SO much better looking. They can have it near the castle but please base the tree design off of POA's!

44 minutes ago, joeee said:

As for the Willow itself, Year 3's is SO much better looking. They can have it near the castle but please base the tree design off of POA's!

2's doesn't have a complicated twist. 3's have a more streamlined stem crown profile.

They are similar enough to where a lego version looks about the same amount like either. So a less complicated streamlined version.

Seems like the kinda set where playability will negate a lot of accuracy with the tree.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think there is a figure coming at all with this book. They mean that when it says which Hogwarts professor is secertely a ware wolf, it is most likely a hint that Lupin is coming somewhere in this line because this book is based off the new sets not the old

There are only 6-7 HP/FB sets coming this fall, plus a few Brickheadz and maybe a CMF. It seems very unlikely anyone would publish an entire book based solely on those few products.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

There are only 6-7 HP/FB sets coming this fall, plus a few Brickheadz and maybe a CMF. It seems very unlikely anyone would publish an entire book based solely on those few products.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Lego DC book in 2013 also covered the 2006-2008 Lego Batman Sets, so I would be very surprised if this didn’t cover everything too.

I think this a "reset" on the theme, so we shouldn't count what was previously released in the 2010's

Also, if Lupin is actually coming, that pretty much means a new wolf mould, because the minifigure wearing a mask kinda sucked. Maybe they will use a gray version of the mold of the wolf and a black version for Sirius

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

The book Will be focused on the characters from wizarding would so Harry Potter and FB! All the characters from sets and CMF i guess 

Edited by Black Numenorean

My comment about the founders in the CMF wasn't a wish, but pure speculation based on the oversized number of figs expected and the leaks others posted from the upcoming book. Twenty-two is six over the original CMF model, though some of those could be Fantastic Beasts figs.

How does this book "confirm" that we will get Lupin? What if it is based on older sets? Why would they sell a book based on 7 sets, D2C and CMF? It just hints at Lupin and also at Godric Gryffindor, it does not confirm we will get him.

17 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Imagine if we got the Whomping Willow when it was in bloom? One of my favorite scenes in POA

I doubt it because most of the scenes are when it has no leaves, especially the more iconic ones that the set will probably be based off

5 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I doubt it because most of the scenes are when it has no leaves, especially the more iconic ones that the set will probably be based off

You are right I'm just dreaming because I would love a lego cherry blossom tree. But if there was a feature of the flowers could shake off...

Just now, RODDY said:

You are right I'm just dreaming because I would love a lego cherry blossom tree. But if there was a feature of the flowers could shake off...

That would be cool. You could probably mod it and add your own cherry blossoms using the pieces from Ninjago City or something

10 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Twenty-two is six over the original CMF model, though some of those could be Fantastic Beasts figs.

Yes, that is not out of the question right?! To me it is a little odd if they do not include FB figures in the CMF series, to merge the two film series under the The Wizarding World umbrella..

It there is a quidditch set coming out as some people are hinting about, then most likely another fig disappear from the rumored list (Rolanda Hooch), I think some of the empty spots are FB figs :wink: So far only 1 of the 4 fan favorites from the first movie are confirmed in a set, something is not adding up :sceptic:

15 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think there is a figure coming at all with this book.

I can ask why not, it sounds to me like the usaull type and those tend to come with figs, maybe Godric is the fig?

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It there is a quidditch set coming out as some people are hinting about, then most likely another fig disappear from the rumored list (Rolanda Hooch), I think some of the empty spots are FB figs :wink: So far only 1 of the 4 fan favorites from the first movie are confirmed in a set, something is not adding up :sceptic:

Well the leaked list turned out to not be reliable.

We get two medium sets for FB. 3-4 figures for each seams reasonable.  Put Newt in both and you're left with 6-7 figures.

Newt, Tina, Jacob, Queenie, Dumbledore & Grindelwald      is 6. And seemingly the most important ones.

From the cast photo,we would then be  missing Credence, ""maledictus"", Leta & Theseus.

If Credence is necessary too you'd have 7 new figures, without any cmf intervention.

2 hours ago, deskp said:

Well the leaked list turned out to not be reliable.

We get two medium sets for FB. 3-4 figures for each seams reasonable.  Put Newt in both and you're left with 6-7 figures.

Newt, Tina, Jacob, Queenie, Dumbledore & Grindelwald      is 6. And seemingly the most important ones.

From the cast photo,we would then be  missing Credence, ""maledictus"", Leta & Theseus.

If Credence is necessary too you'd have 7 new figures, without any cmf intervention.

Well you could be right, but I find it hard to believe that the leakers knew about the sets, but made up the figs :wacko: Unless it where from different sources  which I can not remember.. Even the designer said that the figs where not final before what sounded like quite late in the design process.. 

Still the smallest FB set so far has only Newt confirmed according to leaks so more figs will follow I guess :wink:

What it the leaker(s) saw the whomping willow set connected to the great hall set, with the figs mixed. With 2 Harry and Ron, they obviously belong in different sets, but harder to know with the rest so Snape and the two dementors actually comes with the WW set?
Rather far fetched theory I admit, but not impossible :tongue:

Edited by Roebuck

There have been various sources from what I can tell. I know of at least three people on this thread who have stated information about sets.

With regards to the book, it seems such as a general question about the teachers at Hogwarts that I wouldn't assume it meant he was coming with it but for him to appear in the book he would have to take a Lego form. The question is how much of the previous HP waves will be shown in this. Its release date will probably be before some of the sets come out (at least the D2C) so will they tease the $500 Hogwarts in it or go detailed as a preview? Considering there's a huge amount of previous HP to show it would seem really limiting to just go from these few sets and the recent Dimensions releases.

If it does indicate that Lupin is coming then they'd surely have two figures for him. One as a werewolf and one as teacher? I quickly set up a purist custom of him as Wolf with the werewolf head, fawn legs and I think it was Lurtz's torso and it doesn't look too bad. I would hope for something like that rather than man in suit wearing dog's head fancy dress costume.

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Well you could be right, but I find it hard to believe that the leakers knew about the sets, but made up the figs :wacko: Unless it where from different sources  which I can not remember.. Even the designer said that the figs where not final before what sounded like quite late in the design process.. 

Still the smallest FB set so far has only Newt confirmed according to leaks so more figs will follow I guess :wink:

What it the leaker(s) saw the whomping willow set connected to the great hall set, with the figs mixed. With 2 Harry and Ron, they obviously belong in different sets, but harder to know with the rest so Snape and the two dementors actually comes with the WW set?
Rather far fetched theory I admit, but not impossible :tongue:

Then again, Sir Von Lego confirmed that the leaked description was "really good" based on what he had seen on the other toy fair. So your theory might not be too far-fetched.

41 minutes ago, Robianco said:

If it does indicate that Lupin is coming then they'd surely have two figures for him. One as a werewolf and one as teacher? I quickly set up a purist custom of him as Wolf with the werewolf head, fawn legs and I think it was Lurtz's torso and it doesn't look too bad. I would hope for something like that rather than man in suit wearing dog's head fancy dress costume.

For a character to be featured i guess there have to be some visual lego reference past or present.

But for werewolf Lupin, that's really just background information, so they don't need to make one in order to mention it.

Werewolf lupin would be a nice addition to cmf since its quite different to all the more normal humans.

b3pncp.png

quick test.

19 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think this a "reset" on the theme, so we shouldn't count what was previously released in the 2010's

DC had a complete reset in 2012 but they still included the old batman sets in the new book

46 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

DC had a complete reset in 2012 but they still included the old batman sets in the new book

In addition LEGO Star Wars books usually cover things from the entirety of the franchise, often having side by side comparisons of past and present models. I got a Star Wars minifigure book a while back that listed every fig and their variants, but it usually only showed the most recent version with the number of past versions and a few small pictures of them listed in the trivia section.

6 hours ago, deskp said:

For a character to be featured i guess there have to be some visual lego reference past or present.

But for werewolf Lupin, that's really just background information, so they don't need to make one in order to mention it.

Werewolf lupin would be a nice addition to cmf since its quite different to all the more normal humans.

b3pncp.png

quick test.

Pretty fair approximation. I'd be glad to see one similar to what you've posted.

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Then again, Sir Von Lego confirmed that the leaked description was "really good" based on what he had seen on the other toy fair. So your theory might not be too far-fetched.

Then again, Great Hall's descrption was totally inaccurate.

In years past the largest set of Hogwarts itself was the Great Hall, but that isn't the case this time around. Could part of the problem be that some people were relayed bits of information about the largest set, which was assumed to be the Great Hall? Add to that a number of changes made to the actual Great Hall set, and you have a recipe for confusion.