Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Agree

There are already 8 movies from the original story + 2 Fantastic Beast films

And they can even make sets based on the books, like the one with Peeves

I got all of the 2010 and 2011 sets and loved them but missed out on the original waves, so I missed a lot of cool builds and minifigs. If this is really true, I will likely buy all of the sets and try to collect all of the CMFs. 

Edited by NeutralNoodle

13 hours ago, kaelthas said:

This Harry Potter come back is a nice thing to happen meaning that we can hope for new LOTR and Hobbit sets to come back too! 

While I would love a LOTR revival, I have to say it's not as likely. HP is still super popular with kids, teens, and now even adults that grew up with the books as kids. LOTR has just more of an adult-oriented fanbase. If (and that's a strong if) it came back, it would probably just be one big D2C, like Bara-Dur or Minas Tirith.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And they can even make sets based on the books, like the one with Peeves

I hope this is eventually the case. I know they made a Peeves back in 2001, but there's so much stuff left out of the movies that could be snuck into sets.

Just now, BlueberryWaffles said:

I hope this is eventually the case. I know they made a Peeves back in 2001, but there's so much stuff left out of the movies that could be snuck into sets.

Another book reference to note is the flute in the original Fluffy set: Harry only used a flute to put Fluffy to sleep in the book.

Although we still have a year to go, we'll probably get some more info come January/February, based off of release info in the past. I am beyond excited that this theme will be coming back in some form! Since the last time this theme came around was 2010, these sets should look pretty sick this time around!!! They usually do 7 sets a wave and do stuff that covers the most from the series, so here would be my dream wave that I think would be pretty awesome for a re-release:

- Lake Task (similar to the new Aquaman set)

- Knight Bus

- Hagrid's Hut (with Aragog or Grawp)

- Dragon Task OR Chamber of Secrets (with Hungarian Horntail or buildable Basilisk)

- Hogwarts Express with Flying Car (similar to the 2010 version)

- Hogwarts Castle (Just a larger great hall and big tower rather than multiple minuscule classrooms)

A whole wave would be awesome, plus any notable characters that don't fit in that series of sets would just be added into the Collectible Minifig series, like the Order of the Phoenix, Defense Against the Darks Teachers, etc. This is great news, and if its not a whole series, hopefully its just a UCS Hogwarts!!!!

I feel like a UCS Hogwarts definitely isn't out of the question, since the school will feature in the second Fantastic Beasts movie. They could even include figures from both movie franchises, similar to how people are expecting the new Millennium Falcon to include figures from both eras of Star Wars. 

17 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

If they aren't giving a wave, I can truly see just Hogwarts. Something similar to the Disney Castle, with many more minifies.

Wouldn't it be amazing if it had a Death Star number of minifigs? Except instead of different versions of some characters, it would just be like 24 or 25 characters.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I feel like a UCS Hogwarts definitely isn't out of the question, since the school will feature in the second Fantastic Beasts movie. They could even include figures from both movie franchises, similar to how people are expecting the new Millennium Falcon to include figures from both eras of Star Wars. 

It will? That's really interesting. I wonder which characters from Harry Potter we will see. Dumbledore is pretty much given. Perhaps Peeves? He's the only one I can imagine besides Dumbledore who would be at Hogwarts during that time. *Wishful thinking*

7 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if it had a Death Star number of minifigs? Except instead of different versions of some characters, it would just be like 24 or 25 characters.

That's my biggest hope at the moment. And to be honest, Harry Potter kinda deserves the Star Wars treatment in some ways, it's one of the oldest licensed themes out there. We also kind of need it if we want all figures updated. Also for the new fans, it's the only way to get all important characters without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money online.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

It will? That's really interesting. I wonder which characters from Harry Potter we will see. Dumbledore is pretty much given. Perhaps Peeves? He's the only one I can imagine besides Dumbledore who would be at Hogwarts during that time. *Wishful thinking*

I think what he meant is that we could get figs from both HP and FB in the same set, not only figs like Dumbledore who were present during both periods (they could give him two heads maybe; young/old).

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

That's my biggest hope at the moment. And to be honest, Harry Potter kinda deserves the Star Wars treatment in some ways, it's one of the oldest licensed themes out there. We also kind of need it if we want all figures updated. Also for the new fans, it's the only way to get all important characters without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money online.

That is not unlikely :sweet: The last two Hogwarts sets from 2010-11 (4842 and 4867) had combined only 1756 bricks, but 18 figs (only Harry was in both and 3 dementors in total)! If we assume it has a least 4000 bricks like the Disney castle, 25 figs should be more than possible :wub:

By the way Mrs Norris will definitely get an upgrade and maybe Crookshanks will be in a set for the first time?

A Hogwarts during both time periods is a great idea, just like the Death Star featuring scenes from both films. And maybe if Lego really wanted two they could feature James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter, Lupin and Snape as kids. And maybe even Tom Riddle.

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we know when the sets will be released?

I'm assuming next fall since that's when the next movie comes out, but that's only a guess. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'm assuming next fall since that's when the next movie comes out, but that's only a guess. 

I'm not familiar with Lego's release schedules, but they often release sets months in advance as is the case with Thor Ragnarok and Star Wars. So I'm going to take a swing and say early Spring/early Summer.

Edited by Hisstori
missed word

20 minutes ago, Hisstori said:

I'm not familiar with Lego's release schedules, but they often release sets months in advance as is the case with Thor Ragnarok and Star Wars. So I'm going to take a swing and say early Spring/early Summer.

The next movie comes out in November, so the sets would likely have an August release. Ragnarok and Doctor Strange both had November release dates and the sets came out in August, and it was the same with Justice League. 

21 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

21 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

Another book reference to note is the flute in the original Fluffy set: Harry only used a flute to put Fluffy to sleep in the book.

There really is so much untapped potential. They could treat it like they are the Superheroes theme, take from both comics, TV, and movies. Fingers crossed.:cry_happy: We need a Peeves for the castle. Rather, an updated Peeves.

Edited by Vindicare

17 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

According to Wikia, Moaning Myrtle died in the 1940s, a victim of the basilisk. Could include a fleshy version of her in the FB sets, if the timeline matches, and then a ghost in HP.

If they do normal sets, I assume we'll get all the classic figures in those, such as Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Snape, etc. and they'll do the interesting characters in the Collectible Minifig Series. We'd probably get these characters:

- Defense Against the Dark Arts Teachers

- The Triwizard Champions

- Death Eaters

- Order of the Phoenix 

- Harry, Ron, Hermione Variants (Quidditch or Yule Ball?)

- Dobby and Griphook

One thing I think they could do would be to actually differentiate the characters between films. I mean, Harry didn't look the same through all 8 films... different hair and face pieces would be great. As well as this some more attention to detail with the school uniforms would be nice. It was odd that in 2010-11 all the uniforms were jumpers only with no capes or robes. It'd be nice to get some variants like in Prisoner of Azkaban when they wear a shirt and cloak with no jumper.

35 minutes ago, LordLEGOtube said:

One thing I think they could do would be to actually differentiate the characters between films. I mean, Harry didn't look the same through all 8 films... different hair and face pieces would be great. As well as this some more attention to detail with the school uniforms would be nice. It was odd that in 2010-11 all the uniforms were jumpers only with no capes or robes. It'd be nice to get some variants like in Prisoner of Azkaban when they wear a shirt and cloak with no jumper.

Completely agreed. They should definitely add some more detail into differentiating the characters by years, and also create some new designs. Quite frankly, I think Hermione with the light brown hair looked great, and when they redo Harry, he should have more of the dark dark brown rather than black. The uniforms need updating as well. The girls should have different uniforms than the boys, and so on. I hope they really do some cool stuff this wave and don't screw it up. Lego needs to understand that no matter what they do, people will buy it because it's HARRY POTTER, the second biggest franchise next to Star Wars!!! 

19 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I think what he meant is that we could get figs from both HP and FB in the same set, not only figs like Dumbledore who were present during both periods

Yeah I know, but I meant we might see younger versions of the characters on screen xD.

4 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

According to Wikia, Moaning Myrtle died in the 1940s, a victim of the basilisk. Could include a fleshy version of her in the FB sets, if the timeline matches, and then a ghost in HP.

Nah, the FB movies take place around 1926 or something like that, back when Voldemort was still in his diapers and so was Myrtle.

38 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah I know, but I meant we might see younger versions of the characters on screen xD.

Nah, the FB movies take place around 1926 or something like that, back when Voldemort was still in his diapers and so was Myrtle.

But the famous Dumbledore vs Grendelwald duel is going to be featured in the FB movies. That takes place in the 40s if I'm not mistaken.

3 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I can't wait to see the bags for the minifigure series, I know, I'm weird :laugh:

Nah, probably just going to be yellow. Again.

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Completely agreed. They should definitely add some more detail into differentiating the characters by years, and also create some new designs. Quite frankly, I think Hermione with the light brown hair looked great, and when they redo Harry, he should have more of the dark dark brown rather than black. The uniforms need updating as well. The girls should have different uniforms than the boys, and so on. I hope they really do some cool stuff this wave and don't screw it up. Lego needs to understand that no matter what they do, people will buy it because it's HARRY POTTER, the second biggest franchise next to Star Wars!!! 

Actually, the MCU is the biggest movie franchise with HP second and Star Wars third. 

1 hour ago, The Pearson said:

But the famous Dumbledore vs Grendelwald duel is going to be featured in the FB movies. That takes place in the 40s if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, the Fantastic Beasts franchise is going to end up spanning 19 years to end with the Dumbledore/Grindelwald duel in 1945.