Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Nope.

On the very top of the main tower.

I thought the cone piece that's encircled in red in the image above was 4x2x6 (Bricklink) and comes in the Disney Princess sets 41152 and 41154? As Anio pointed out already, it's the cone on top of the main tower, just below the cone 2x2x2, which does seem to have the dimensions of 4x2x4 and is indeed new for the second half of this year. 

Is that the Basilisk?… Hahaha

Sorry, but the one from 2002 is way better. Still, the new one is brick built tho, so that gets a couple of ++ 

8 minutes ago, TAFOL said:

I thought the cone piece that's encircled in red in the image above was 4x2x6 (Bricklink) and comes in the Disney Princess sets 41152 and 41154? As Anio pointed out already, it's the cone on top of the main tower, just below the cone 2x2x2, which does seem to have the dimensions of 4x2x4 and is indeed new for the second half of this year. 

4x2x3 by the way.

You can see that with shot from the back.

I bet the person who wrote that long speech about how they won’t be at toyfair is kicking himself now, kinda funny :laugh:

anyway, this set is absolutely perfect! Just perfect!

i think this wave is based on just the first 2 films, if they’re planning on keeping this theme going for years with the FB films, that means each wave could focus on the next film(s). Next year we could get a clocktower set if it’s not in the D2C. I expect that the D2C will contain a brickbuilt Fluffy to go with this theme of beasts (I guess you could even count the tree as a beast). I can see it also including Lockhart, maybe a pixie mould, snape, even more students, the troll, maybe Tom riddle. Focusing it down to the first 2 films really allows them to cover all bases!

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

More pictures of the set from NYTF:

https://www.fbtb.net/lego-harry-potter/2018/02/17/toy-fair-coverage-2018-harry-potter/

Some parts and minifigs are obviously placeholders though :wink:

Interestingly, Minerva does have the new dress piece! Maybe the printed legs are place holders for the early press release, the set is still 5 months away...

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

https://www.fbtb.net/lego-harry-potter/2018/02/17/toy-fair-coverage-2018-harry-potter/

Brick-built Fawkes behind the Mirror

Stickers for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Banners

Somekind of play feature with those cogs? EDIT: Duelling Club maybe?

and something underneath the Hall's floor? Which can be pulled out. Though no idea what that is

Edited by arannir

1 minute ago, arannir said:

Brick-built Fawkes behind the Mirror

Stickers for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Banners

Somekind of play feature with those cogs?

and something underneath the Hall's floor? Which can be pulled out. Though no idea what that is

Maybe the cogs are too flip the tables over when Malloy and Harry are duelling?

And is that Dumbleodre sitting next to Quirrel? Or someone else?

6 hours ago, deskp said:

Btw it seems likely that:

Brick-built Basilisk and Phoenix, is a way to "tie in" with the Fantastic beast suitcase set that has brick--built beasts.  I'm sure you can consider brick built aragog in that group too.

For all we know there's some brick-beast in willow set too.

That's actually kind of adorable. If my memory serves correctly, Newt's actual in universe + "real life" book on Fantastic Beasts contains the Baskilisk and Phoenix. They would be a fun way to make his suitcase more "complete" by having all of his studies.

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Whomever suggested the reverseble banners having Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw was right! That's a nice touch, and I can imagine kids turning it into a play feature similar to 4701.

In addition to Minerva having the dress, there also seem to be some towers at the front that weren’t in the official pictures. I think this set won’t be exactly what we’ve seen in the press release by the time of release

I would think the physical build at the toy fair is more likely one of the designer’s almost finalized pieces, as opposed to the finalized design we see in the photos from yesterday, (judging by comparison not incomplete figures etc). There’s a number of added features and bricks in the toy fair version that are not included in the final set—mainly all the added technic bricks on the bottom making the entire set a brick taller than it should be. :grin:

So only expect to get what’s in the official set images, which are 100% the finalized set, even if the toy fair version is fun to look at. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Captain Nemo said:

I would think the physical build at the toy fair is more likely one of the designer’s almost finalized pieces, as opposed to the finalized design we see in the photos from yesterday, (judging by comparison not incomplete figures etc). There’s a number of added features and bricks in the toy fair version that are not included in the final set—mainly all the added technic bricks on the bottom making the entire set a brick taller than it should be. :grin:

So only expect to get what’s in the official set images, which are 100% the finalized set, even if the toy fair version is fun to look at. :thumbup:

Darn it. So the dress piece may have been planned but then abandoned? Double Darn it 

2 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I would think the physical build at the toy fair is more likely one of the designer’s almost finalized pieces, as opposed to the finalized design we see in the photos from yesterday,

Agreed. The Toy Fair one feels a lot more prototypical and awkward.

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Darn it. So the dress piece may have been planned but then abandoned? Double Darn it 

Well maybe, but looking at it now, they most likely went with legs so that Mcgonagall could be made to sit at the main table, along side every other professor. Although personally I too wish she had a dress, but the reasoning for the swap is constant with past Lego choices. 

34 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Interestingly, Minerva does have the new dress piece! Maybe the printed legs are place holders for the early press release, the set is still 5 months away...

@Captain Nemo Would it be optimistic to hope to get both, one for sitting the other for standing? :laugh:

36 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

On 13/02/2018 at 9:48 AM, Azani said:

Correct. This is unwaveringly, undeniably what will be happening.

HP and FB sets will not be on display. Period. Anywhere in the display hall. They will not be in the building, and as such, there is zero chance that anyone will see any new details on them.

At Nuremberg, the sets were on display, albeit in a special, segregated sort of showroom. TLG has made it very clear that 2HY sets won't even be in NYC; rather, it'll be whatever is releasing through May, and nothing 

@Azani perhaps don't state assumptions as facts unless you want to go the way of Nekchir. :tongue:. I think it was a genuine mistake but don't presume we should be sure of something unless you're sure of it. :sceptic:

I hope the toy fair version is closer to what we're getting, cause honestly it's better than the official pictures we got yesterday. The added height really makes it look a lot better, too without that floor layer we lose play features. Then there's the new arch pieces in the courtyard. Why even show us this at toyfair if the real set is just going to be a watered down version that's smaller and has less features?

Or wait...

What if the Hogwarts set includes these extra pieces to enhance the great hall set when connecting the two?

Just now, strangely said:

What if the Hogwarts set includes these extra pieces to enhance the great hall set when connecting the two?

That sounds epic! Presumably the gear function seen at Toy Fair is to flip the tables from the dueling club, but Snape and Lockheart aren't in this set. If they come with the D2C Hogwarts it would make sense for them to have "upgrades" to create their scenes in the previous set. I don't want to get my hopes up, but that would be genius!

14 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Would it be optimistic to hope to get both, one for sitting the other for standing? :laugh:

I hope so, it wouldn't be the first time they included both legs and a dress piece for a minifig, the first time being Saruman in 10237 Tower of Orthanc (which was a D2C set, but still) :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Do we have any kind of confirmation of what minifigures will be included in the other two sets?

Not really anymore - the inclusion of Nick in the Great Hall set rather than the CMF series throws the information we had into some doubt. Either the rumoured lists remain accurate but the figures are spread about in different sets than we thought, or the rumours weren't fully accurate. However, I think we can safely assume that Harry and Ron will be included in both the Aragog set and the Whomping Willow set as they're both crucial in those scenes. Beyond that, we can really only speculate.

The only one I feel secure in guessing is the Aragog set containing a brick-built Aragog with Harry and Ron. The Whomping Willow is a wild card depending on whether or not they continue to just focus on Years 1-2 or if they include elements from Year 3 for that set. If they do touch on Prisoner of Azkaban there, I hope for Lupin, Sirius Black, Snape and maybe Peter Pettigrew.

9 hours ago, Venefic said:

I really like the amount of tan that's used. Anyone think that TLG swapped from sand green roofs to dark grey roofs to make the set cheaper (and also to be more accurate)? I'm curious to see the upcoming Harry Potter sets. Maybe they will link with this set.

I personally prefer the grey, I think the accuracy helps the model (even though the sand green is pretty nostalgic). I'm really excited about this wave too!

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The NY Toy Fair press release confirms the Harry Potter CMF wave will have 22 characters

Yikes. Accio funds. :look:

7 hours ago, deskp said:

For all we know there's some brick-beast in willow set too.

That would be nice. If they do use Year 3 elements in the Willow set, a brick-built version of Lupin as a werewolf could be interesting. It'd be nice to properly convey his height and shape in that form (the previous version of him as a werewolf was fairly comical rather than accurate), or Sirius in dog form. Although with Sirius I could see them just using a black version of the existing dog mold. 

---

In regards that Toy Fair display, I'm so glad that it seems to confirm that there are Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff banners! :wub: So glad Hufflepuff is getting its dues, hopefully we'll see a Ravenclaw torso in the CMFs or elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, strangely said:

Or wait...

Yes yes, dreams are nice—but dreams are for sleeping and in the awake world we know that set photos show only what we get! :grin: So unfortunately no, that’s not gonna happen. 

4 minutes ago, Ultron said:

But why is the basilisk black? 

Because black bricks are cheaper than sand green ones (yes I’m being serious). We all gotta think like designers on a budget people! The vast majority of this set’s budget went to new molds, pieces, big pieces, and colors, so the designer cut corners elsewhere to compensate. So it seems the mandated Basilisk was...well the only corner cut. :blush: 

5 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Where do you see that?

The press release says we'll get 59 new CMFs this year. Batman Movie had 20 characters. Series 18 has 17 characters. Thus, the Harry Potter line will have 22 minifigures