Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, HarryPotter said:

And actually it's called the Marble Staircase Tower, and the three smaller towers on the side are Dumbledore's Office!

Oh wow! The more you know, huh

Such a shame they departed from the sand green. I was looking forward to getting a set with that. And it makes it harder to incorporate the set into collections of those having the previous editions of the castle.

Still, this will likely be my first real venture into the Harry Potter theme - apart from the last Hagrid's hut. Don't care for any of the figs, but great parts for Castle.

32 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

This set is pretty big and it's just $129.99. AND the new hogwarts will be $500? I'm scared!! 

23 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah I know. And it won't have the Great Hall and the tower, even more space for things we haven't seen before! Is it supposed to be the main tower with the three smaller ones coming out of the roof (is it called the Gryffindor tower)?

I think Lego are working off this sort of layout. *Forgive the Pastboard link, Imgur is currently down and Eurobricks is not uploading images properly
https://pasteboard.co/H7XZFPW.png

• Indigo - Great Hall & Tower, Basilisk
  • Yellow - Dumbledore's Office, Greenhouse, Hagrids Hut, Courtyard for Quidditch Practice, Defense Against the Dark Arts room, Fluffy & Troll
  • Red - Whomping Willow, Car

Throw in the cheap Aragog set and that's basically all the main monsters

Edited by Scarilian

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I think Lego are working off this sort of layout. *Forgive the Pastboard link, Imgur is currently down and Eurobricks is not uploading images properly
https://pasteboard.co/H7XZFPW.png

• Indigo - Great Hall & Tower, Basilisk
  • Yellow - Dumbledore's Office, Greenhouse, Hagrids Hut, Courtyard for Quidditch Practice, Defense Against the Dark Arts room, Fluffy & Troll
  • Red - Whomping Willow, Car

Throw in the cheap Aragog set and that's basically all the main monsters

Didnt the press release from Grand Hall said you could connect 75953 (willow set) with grand hall? so that wouldnt be possible i think

1 minute ago, just_one said:

Didnt the press release from Grand Hall said you could connect 75953 (willow set) with grand hall? so that wouldnt be possible i think

That's the biggest question mark I have from the press release.

How exactly is the Whomping Willow going to connect to the Great Hall?

Just now, HarryPotter said:

If it's based off Chamber of Secrets, it'll be in the courtyard, so it'll possibly come with a smaller little tower (or maybe Hagrid's Hut, though I doubt it) as it's not on the edge of a hill like in the later films

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

If it’s the shrieking shack? Connected through another secret passage, after all there are 7 and we only know of two ( honey dukes and whomping willow).

I'd just like to point out the press release said:

"Build even bigger adventures and combine with 75953 Whomping Willow."

Keyword being "combine." The sets may not connect directly, they may just have some sort of compatible function. Or maybe it's literally just saying to buy 'em both and play with them together.

Though them connecting seems like the most likely meaning, it's not the only one.

13 minutes ago, just_one said:

9 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

whomping-willow.jpg
The Whomping Willow itself could be attached to some form of base plate or connective build. Though the set could just include a separate segment of the Courtyard or some aspect of the set that can connect to the back of the Great Hall, The Willow itself could in theory then be placed anywhere. Either that or you have the option to alter the layout given the multiple connection points that the Great Hall has.

As Mata_Nui says though, it may just be encouraging you to buy another set.

Edited by Scarilian

On 13/02/2018 at 9:48 AM, Azani said:

Correct. This is unwaveringly, undeniably what will be happening.

They will not be in the building, and as such, there is zero chance that anyone will see any new details on them.

Huh. That doesn't sound at all

I mean I may be misinterpreting you ,and you may have meant no one will see any new details at the actual fair ,but I doubt such emotive langue was appropriate, I'm not trying to mini-mod (and as my words are written, intent may be misunderstood) , yet I'd advise that you try and come off less aggressive especially if you are wrong (but again I may have misunderstood your meaning as the phrasing was unclear). 

Apologies if I am stepping out of line but I though this seemed somewhat suspect.

I do not want to know what the price of Hogwarts at the official lego store in Mexico will be like. Probably like 9,999 pesos holy crap :( 

The whomping willow was moved in the third film along with Hagrid's hut. Due to the location and the fact it is supposed to connect to the great hall it could be the clock tower. I doubt they'll do that, but that would take a lot of parts out of the car and tree.

3 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

A hogwarts express you say. Be still my beating heart.

i spend most my time in the Star Wars area but thought I'd pop in here following this great announcement. I can't believe people think this is unwhelming. If this was a star war set with TEN excellent minifigs along with a fantastic build of this size for £90 our brains would explode.

Exactly this ^. 

4 hours ago, Mata_Nui said:

Assuming you're talking about the Sanctum Sanctorum that's also just two walls, it's got no roof or back.

I really think you need to check those pictures out again. Firstly it has three walls and a roof like the sadly now 'classic' Town sets did.

Also it folds close to form a complete building.

15 minutes ago, Maple said:

I really think you need to check those pictures out again. Firstly it has three walls and a roof like the sadly now 'classic' Town sets did.

Also it folds close to form a complete building.

Oh yeah it can close, I thought that corner piece with the trashcan was locking it open.

Bit disappointed that McGonagall just has regular legs but I think it's so she can sit down in the Great Hall. Can't remember the CMF list but maybe it will have her with the new robe piece? (Please.......)

9 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

Bit disappointed that McGonagall just has regular legs but I think it's so she can sit down in the Great Hall. Can't remember the CMF list but maybe it will have her with the new robe piece? (Please.......)

What's the new robe piece?

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

What's the new robe piece?

It's being used for Barriss Offee in Star Wars and in the Han Solo movie sets, it's kind of like the old slope but it curves at the back.

I really like the amount of tan that's used. Anyone think that TLG swapped from sand green roofs to dark grey roofs to make the set cheaper (and also to be more accurate)? I'm curious to see the upcoming Harry Potter sets. Maybe they will link with this set.

The Great Hall look nice, and the number of new molds is impressive.  I'm a little disappointed that the set doesn't have the minifigure lineup that was originally rumored, but the build makes up for that in my eyes.  The presence of Nearly-Headless Nick in the set makes me question the accuracy of the CMF series rumors.  Going by the sets, it seems like they're just doing the first two years so far.  I'm also still hoping that there will be a set of the Chamber of Secrets in a later wave with a larger Basilisk, considering that the one included in the Great Hall looks too small for my liking.

This was a great announcement to wake up to this morning! It looks so fantastic, and I can't wait to see the other sets (especially the D2C now!). Though I'm surprised nobody's talked about the new Hagrid molds?

Wow! This new Harry Potter Great Hall set looks is amazing. There are so many new molds, all the minifigures are fantastic, and finally a Hufflepuff torso. The 2010 HP wave was kind of what got me into LEGO in the first place, so you can imagine my excitement upon seeing these sets. Definitely a must get!

On a seperate note any one know what a tumbler is?

Accessory elements include 7 wands, 3 tumblers, umbrella, lantern, broom, sorting hat, cauldrons, potions, candles, 2 wizard brooms, food, trophy, teapot, chest and a spider. 

Edited by Foxes Productionz

The NY Toy Fair press release confirms the Harry Potter CMF wave will have 22 characters

Collectibles (Ages 5+)
Fans can collect 59 never-before-seen LEGO Minifigures from three new series of mystery bags, each including one figure, starting with 20 new characters from the blockbuster film The LEGO® Batman Movie. Series 18 in April celebrates the 40th Birthday of the LEGO Minifigure. A third series launches later in the year.