Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

So... am I alone in feeling this is kinda underwhelming? Like, it seems kinda weak for something with "Grand in the title. And I know they'e kids, but those legs that don't move? I'm getting a real Sanctum Sanctorum vibe from this to be honest.

4 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

I'm sick of that old wizard hat. I would prefer either a new mold or just a bun hairpiece for McGonagall.

i agree with you.

This hat sucks 

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

i agree with you.

This hat sucks 

The hat was okay for it's time but I really started to loathe it when they used it for Gandalf. Gandalf deserved a new molded hat/hairpiece combo and he wound up being the most disappointing fig in the entire LOTR line (which I loved overall).

Bringing the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films to life in LEGO form in the second half of 2018, the new Wizarding World inspired building sets recreate the action-packed storylines from the films and feature a cast of fan-favorite wizards, Muggles and magical creatures – from Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger to Newt Scamander and more. Fans will also be able to collect their favorite Wizarding World characters in new LEGO BrickHeadz building sets.

offical toy fair announcement 

So what about the minifies series?

Nick is in this set,

Susan Bones is a surprise

Quirrel too

So i think, the old list was not good and we can imagine others characters for the 1-3 years!

On the side with the door, there is a peg facing forward. Maybe this means a courtyard/clocktower expansion. I'm thinking the clocktower could go there because the gate is placed before the doors and there're the steps and entrance to the stairway so it could be put there. The fence-like thing would have to be removed but that's been done before like in the Ghostbusters HQ where you had to take away boxes to make room for the Ecto-1

8 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

So... am I alone in feeling this is kinda underwhelming? Like, it seems kinda weak for something with "Grand in the title. And I know they'e kids, but those legs that don't move? I'm getting a real Sanctum Sanctorum vibe from this to be honest.

The build is underwhelming and the tower sucks, but the Great Hall is somewhat passable if viewed from the exterior. It's one of those sets where i'll probably buy it on Ebay for about half the price missing the figures - though admittedly as others have said it looks like a barn. The crucial aspect will be what these sets look like together, they have already seemingly messed up the tower design and the scale so i'm curious as to how the rest of Hogwarts will look compared to this.

33 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

I'm sick of that old wizard hat. I would prefer either a new mold or just a bun hairpiece for McGonagall.

Yes the bun looks so much better on her, licensed minifigures lose all their uniqueness when using old bald hats.

I'm kind of wondering if the idea that the D2C is Hogwarts is not so accurate...that instead we're getting several assortments which will result in a large Hogwarts, and the D2C is actually something else...maybe if Harry Potter themed, it's actually a Hogwarts Express with track and electronic components.

4 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

I'm kind of wondering if the idea that the D2C is Hogwarts is not so accurate...that instead we're getting several assortments which will result in a large Hogwarts, and the D2C is actually something else...maybe if Harry Potter themed, it's actually a Hogwarts Express with track and electronic components.

Oh god, please let this be true!  I would love a Hogwarts Express!

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Yes because living in the USA where 2/3rds of the population can't afford a $1000 emergency and I can't even afford the $100 random health bill I got in the mail. But yes, let me buy 2-3 of them. Or for $200 I'll just buy one of the much greater modular sets.

How about LEGO actually makes buildings, like the Marvel set we are getting, and less walls.

Assuming you're talking about the Sanctum Sanctorum that's also just two walls, it's got no roof or back.

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Maybe she comes with two heads. Other figures have done that before (like someone in the Ghostbusters HQ as well as Captain Marvel). 

Really hoping McGonagall has two heads. I got one of those World Racer sets when I was a kid and the fact you could see everyone's mouths through the back of their helmets annoyed me to no end.

A hogwarts express you say. Be still my beating heart.

i spend most my time in the Star Wars area but thought I'd pop in here following this great announcement. I can't believe people think this is unwhelming. If this was a star war set with TEN excellent minifigs along with a fantastic build of this size for £90 our brains would explode.

Reminder;
#75950 Aragog in the Forbidden Forest - $14.99
#75951 Newt Scamander's Briefcase - $24.99
#75952 Unknown Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Set - $29.99
#75953 Ford Anglia Escape - $69.99
#75954 Hogwarts Great Hall - $89.99
#71043 Hogwarts Castle - $500

I wouldn't get hopes up for a Hogwarts Express, except as a potential addition to the Hogwarts Castle set.

I like the set overall (esp. the minifigures) But the mirror of erised room and Dumbledore's office (Is it??) are tooo small and plain :( Makes me worried for the D2C if it's actually Hogwarts. The great hall is pretty nice though.

By the way, what was the price of Hogwarts back in 2010?

Edited by DisneyinLEGO

what figures are meant to be in ford anglia/willow set?  it's pretty pricey so there should be quite a few figures no?

Still hoping for that Lockhart.

8 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

Can’t see a hogwarts express ever justifying a $500 price tag

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

4842-1.jpg?201009010137
$129.99, £102.99, 129.99€

This set is pretty big and it's just $129.99. AND the new hogwarts will be $500? I'm scared!! 

With Nick in this set, I'm hoping that the CMS list is a) still real and b) the Nick in that list has been swapped with Filch and Mrs Norris. Snape can be in the Womping Willow set, as he is the one Hurry and Ron are taken too.

2 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

I just visited Pottermore, and it's got an article about the LEGO wave, but it doesn't say that much, only that more information will be revealed later...

The great hall got an offical press realease. The other sets are not going to get stuff like that. They still could show them off at toy fair it just won’t be offical like todays reveal 

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

This set is pretty big and it's just $129.99. AND the new hogwarts will be $500? I'm scared!! 

Yeah I know. And it won't have the Great Hall and the tower, even more space for things we haven't seen before! Is it supposed to be the main tower with the three smaller ones coming out of the roof (is it called the Gryffindor tower)?

10 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah I know. And it won't have the Great Hall and the tower, even more space for things we haven't seen before! Is it supposed to be the main tower with the three smaller ones coming out of the roof (is it called the Gryffindor tower)?

Hogwarts better have an awful lot of good things because they won't have the two most iconic parts of the castle that is the main tower and the Great Hall.

And actually it's called the Marble Staircase Tower, and the three smaller towers on the side are Dumbledore's Office!