Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

17 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we know how many sets we're getting? 

At this time we know nothing, really. 

---

Everyone remember at this time, that other than the rumor of more "Harry Potter Universe" Lego coming in 2018, whatever that actually entails, we know nothing. 

Until such time we know more, everything here should be taken with a grain of salt. Normally I'd close a thread such as this, but considering the high public interest--it'll remain open. Just remember everything here is speculation at this point. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

At this time we know nothing, really. 

---

Everyone remember at this time, that other than the rumor of more "Harry Potter Universe" Lego coming in 2018, whatever that actually entails, we know nothing. 

Until such time we know more, everything here should be taken with a grain of salt. Normally I'd close a thread such as this, but considering the high public interest--it'll remain open. Just remember everything here is speculation at this point. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

I was thinking about starting a "wishlist" thread for sets and the CMF line. Is it ok or we should wait? :classic:

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I was thinking about starting a "wishlist" thread for sets and the CMF line. Is it ok or we should wait? :classic:

I think we can use this thread for the time being. :thumbup:

Just now, Captain Nemo said:

I think we can use this thread for the time being. :thumbup:

Great thanks Cap!

I think the figs from the 2010/11 sets were pretty perfect and would only need minor updates (if any at all). Updated figs for Vernon, Lockhart, Tom Riddle and Quirrel are a must though

Hopefully there will be a way to get plenty of Dementors and Death Eaters (Maybe in the CMF? I'd like to see the Dementors use the S14 Spectre 'leg' piece). 

I only got the Dobby and Forest sets from the last waves as I didn't have as much money as I now get. While I'm more into superheroes, I'll certainly try and get some of these sets

Missing out on this line the first time around is one of my single greatest LEGO regrets. I'm super excited for this, if the sets are good I'll probably buy all of them. I've never gotten all of a wave of sets intentionally, but I would do it for good Harry Potter sets...

Well if we're officially allowed to post wishlists for the rumored CMF series here...

1) Dementor

2) Gryffindor Student

3) Hufflepuff Student

4) Ravenclaw Student

5) Slytherin Student

6) Gryffindor Quidditch Player

7) Hufflepuff Quidditch Player

8) Ravenclaw Quidditch Player

9) Slytherin Quidditch Player

10) Tonks (where else would she really appear unless we get Grimmauld place?)

11) Bill Weasley

12) Luna Lovegood (Gryffindor Lion Headgear)

13) Rita Skeeter

14) Ron Weasley (Weasley Sweater)

15) Hermione Granger (Yule Ball)

16) Harry Potter w/ Invisibility Cloak (third-holed fabric cloak w/ new Ninjago movie hood piece in silvery star print)

Very fan-listy, but I think having a good amount of army building-type figs would be really good for business! The only trouble would be telling the house figures apart :ugh:

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I think the figs from the 2010/11 sets were pretty perfect and would only need minor updates (if any at all).

They were very good, except Hermione's face was just awful. Luckily they've stepped it up on female face prints in the past few years. Rey and Padme from Star Wars were very good, so I have hope that Hermione will actually look like Hermione this time around

On 8/23/2017 at 6:51 PM, Azani said:

Nope. No idea as to what you're 

Edited by J3D1-T

Pretty good list, Ultron. I'd buy several Dementors easily, and if a lion suit turns up in CMF S.18 we'll be able to make Gryffindor Lion Luna even if LEGO won't.

Other figures I'd like to see:

Hagrid with a pink version of the TLBM Penguin umbrella.

Inferius (another good army builder)

Azkaban Bellatrix LeStrange (I'll take any Bellatrix, really)

34 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Well if we're officially allowed to post wishlists for the rumored CMF series here...

1) Dementor

2) Gryffindor Student

3) Hufflepuff Student

4) Ravenclaw Student

5) Slytherin Student

11) Bill Weasley

13) Rita Skeeter

16) Harry Potter w/ Invisibility Cloak (third-holed fabric cloak w/ new Ninjago movie hood piece in silvery star print)

Very fan-listy, but I think having a good amount of army building-type figs would be really good for business! The only trouble would be telling the house figures apart :ugh:

They were very good, except Hermione's face was just awful. Luckily they've stepped it up on female face prints in the past few years. Rey and Padme from Star Wars were very good, so I have hope that Hermione will actually look like Hermione this time around

I didn't think anyone reliable had confirmed the CMF line, but if they did that would be an awesome series. :grin:  I didn't really think of Hufflepuff & Ravenclaw getting Qudditch outfits but I guess that is a must! Although I do think it's unlikely.:hmpf_bad:  As for the school uniforms I think they will deffintly give us all four houses. 

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

1) Dementor

2) Gryffindor Student

3) Hufflepuff Student

4) Ravenclaw Student

5) Slytherin Student

They could give us Seamus as the Gryffindor student, Cedric Diggory as the Hufflepuff Student, Cho Chang as the RavenClaw student and maybe Pansy Parkinson as the Slytherin one? 

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

well in that case

1) Demonter
2) Lockhart
3) Quirel (with Voldemort head)
4) Luna -uniform ( not gender specific uniforms please) with quibbler and wand with an applo stud to attach a white rabbit patronus )
5) Werewolf Lupin
6) formal Hagrid
7) Boggart Snape
8) Cedric Diggory (quidditch) with broom
9) Death Eater
10) stone knight 
11) Jacob (from FB)
12) Harry as Goyle
13) Cat Hybrid herimone
14) Newt (from FB)
15) Lee Jordan (with scarf and new hair piece)
16) Black chess Queen
17) Justin Finch-Fletchley-uniform
18) Nearly headless Nick
19) Scorpius Malfoy (the best thing in cursed child)
20) Sirius black (Prisoner)

sets

£10.99- Quidditch acessory pack - Marcus Flint ,Heidi Macavoy,Ron Weasley and Cho Chang (all in Quidditch Uniform) blister pack
£19.99- the forbidden forest -brick built Gawp and tree figs of Hermione, Umbrige and Firenze.
£24.99-  The chase of a thousand Harrys,) Hagrid , Moody Hedwig Harry(Tonks) Belatrix,- build of bikes brooms and the weasleys porch
£14.99- Potions class- build book shelf, desk , blackboard and cauldron -figs Slughorn and harry potter (with the halfblood prince's book)
£29.99- Chamber of secrets- brick built bassalic and Salazaar head figs ginny tom riddle hary sorting hat faweks 
£34.99- the Triwizard tournament water stage - crowd stand, merprison,- figs Harry, Victor Krumb (shark head) Mermaid, Herimone.
£49.99- Hagrid's hut with buckbeak and aragog -figs hagrid,ron, harry Herimone.(time turner) Norbert, Macnair
£79.99- Quiddith arena- Draco malfoy, Snape, Oliver wood, Harry Potter ,Ron (Spectator witch scarf),Herimone and Rolanda Hooch. 
£179.99- hogwarts -Dumbledoor, white chess queen ,Black Chess Pawn, Ron on chess horse McGonogal, Voldemort, Cho Chang, Lion Luna, Flitwick, Harry Potter, The fat frair, Peeves, Argus filch, Draco, Lupin, Neville, Sprout, Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Karkarof, Fleur, Ernie, Crabbe,Kingsley, Hermione, Fluffy and a Mandrake.

sorry about my awful spelling

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

1) Dementor

2) Gryffindor Student

3) Hufflepuff Student

4) Ravenclaw Student

5) Slytherin Student

11) Bill Weasley

13) Rita Skeeter

If they would do a HP CMF, this would be perfect. I would buy a box full with these. 

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

1) Dementor

2) Gryffindor Student

3) Hufflepuff Student

4) Ravenclaw Student

5) Slytherin Student

11) Bill Weasley

13) Rita Skeeter

This list is pretty perfect but I'd probably add a Deatheater in there.

As Hermione, they're probably use the Dimensions head and hair

Holy crap! Is this true??? HP was my favorite Lego theme and was what got me into Lego in 2010. If they release new sets I will buy them all on day one even if I have to sell everything I own. I was hoping for Fantastic Beasts 2 sets, so I hope they do what they did with Star Wars and the Hobbit. If we get a D2C Hogwarts I will die of happiness. 

4 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

Your comment made zero sense to me

That's too bad. I quoted the "right thing"... not sure what your issue is...

Here is my whishlist for the CMF line

1. Harry Potter - Gryffindor uniform. "Advanced Potion-Making" book
2. Fleur Delacour - Beauxbatons Uniform
3. Antonin Dolohov - Death Eater robes. New "spell" piece in purple
4. Godric Gryffindor - Wizard robes. His Sword
5. Gilderoy Lockhart - Wizard robes. New "spell" piece in yellow
6. Aunt Petunia - Casual clothes.
7. Moaning Myrtle - Ghoslty Hogwarts robes. 
8. Ron Weasley - Casual clothes. Chocolate Frog
9. Nearly Headless Nick - Ghoslty leg piece. 
10. Alecto Carrow - Death Eater robes. New "spell" piece in red
11. Tom Riddle - Slytherin uniform. Book piece recolored as his diary
12. Helga Hufflepuff - Witch robes. With cup piece
13. Gellert Grindelwald - Wizard robes. New "spell" piece in green
14. Minerva Mcgonagall - Witch robes. Transblue cat piece (Patronus spell)
15. Rowena Ravenclaw - Witch robes. New diadem piece. (Similar to the tiara piece) 
16. Dudley Dursley - Casual clothes.
17. Uncle Vernon - Casual clothes.
18. Hermione Granger - Gryffindor uniform. New transblue otter mould (Patronus spell)
19. Viktor Krum - Durmstrang uniform. 
20. Salazar Slytherin - Wizard robes. New locket neckpiece (like the medals)

Just now, Foxes Productionz said:

If they only introduce one new element it better be an actual wand peice!

Agreed. Those plain stick pieces they used to use didn't feel very, well, magical. :grin:

1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

If they only introduce one new element it better be an actual wand peice!

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

Agreed. Those plain stick pieces they used to use didn't feel very, well, magical. :grin:

I've always wanted a wand piece that looks like the ones the figures are holding on the box of the Hogwarts game. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

I think I could get over non-unique and molds (that would be rather expensive and waste the budget unfortunately! Maybe in the CMF series though) as long as they start using the 3 long rod pieces instead of the 4 long they have always done.

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

I think I could get over non-unique and molds (that would be rather expensive and waste the budget unfortunately! Maybe in the CMF series though) as long as they start using the 3 long rod pieces instead of the 4 long they have always done.

Good news then: the Dimensions Minifigures use the 3 length bars!

Oké, so I've been thinking a lot about my wishlist (for both the sets and CMF) and I think I've came up with a fun one that's not too unlikely to happen. Please Note: rather than basing sets on scenes I've based them on the location, just like the last Hogwarts Castle did. This way I'm able to include all movies in some way. So here we go.

CMF:

1. Harry Potter - Hogwarts uniform (before they get sorted) with Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans
2. Colin Creevey or Lavender Brown - Gryffindor uniform, comes with Camera if it's Colin
3. Luna Lovegood - Ravenclaw Uniform
4. Cedric Diggory - Hufflepuff Uniform comes with Golden Egg accessory
5. Tom Riddle - Slytherin Uniform comes with his diary
6. Hermione in Yule Ball dress and Crookshanks
7. Ron with Weasly Sweater and Scabbers
8. Umbridge with educational degree (buy 5 and hang them in Hogwarts xD)
9. Tonks
10. Nearly Headless Nick
11. Moaning Myrtle
12. Peeves the Poltergeist (Harry Potter Games appearance)
13. William Weasley
14. Dumbledore (movie 1 and 2 appearance) with Fawkes
15. Viktor Krum
16. Fleur Delacour
17. Kreacher
18. Newt Scamander with Niffler
19. Gellert Grindewald
20. Gnarlak

Sets:

1. Battle of Hogwarts pack, about $25-$30 - Comes with dementor,  death eater, Scabior, Fenrir Greyback and Lucius Malfoy

2. Quiditch training, about $25-$30 - Comes with Hooch, Oliver Wood, Draco Malfoy, Cedric and Cho Chang. As usual, 2 sets make 1 complete quiditch field.

3. Forbidden Forest, about $50-$60 - Comes with Harry, Hermione, Hagrid (and Fang) Aragog and Firenze and Grawp. This set also includes the blue car and a small (half) version of Hagrid's Hut.

4. 4 Privet Drive, about $70 - Comes with Vernon, Petunia, Dudley, Hagrid (new mold with movable legs), Baby Harry and Mad Eye Moody (escape scene). Set also comes with Hagrid's (or Sirius) motorbike.

5. Platform 9¾, about $100,- Comes with Harry, Neville, Fred, George, Lupin, Trolley Witch, dementor and Ron

6. Diagon Alley (Leaky Cauldron, Ollivanders and Gringotts) , about $120-$150 - Comes with Harry (Regular Clothes), Quirrel, Ollivander, Griphook (updated, a lot), Narcissa Malfoy, Molly and Arthur Weasley.

7. D2C Hogwarts, about $500 - Including Harry (with invisibility cloak), Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, Sprout, Flitwick, Filch (and Mrs. Norris), Slughorn, Trelawney, Voldermort, Bellatrix Lestrange, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle, Hermione, Ron, Luna with Lion Mask, Sirius Black, Pettigrew, Lockhart (with Pixie), Ginny, Dobby, Madam Pomfrey, dementor, Basilisk, Fluffy and Buckbeak (and the sorting hat)

This massive set comes with the great Hall, 4 common rooms, divination classroom, defence against the dark arts classroom, potions classroom, greenhouse, room of requirement, Dumbledores office, chamber of secrets, astronomy tower, (perfects') bathroom, hospital wing, third floor (really small version), the grand staircase and the Whomping Willow. It's outwards appearance is pretty much a bigger version of the latest version of the castle.

8 and 9. 2 more slots for any FB sets. 1 about $30,- and one about $60,- They should include at least Newt, Queenie, Jacob, Tina, Percival Graves and Credence Barebone. I haven't seen the movie yet so it's hard to make a set out of them.

(Oops, this became longer than expected)

I would guess that they don't use all of the key figures, in case the series is a hit and they want to have a series two. So the cmf's would be a mix between important and not important characters and with a good mix of male/female figs. And with accessoiries which are interesting enough to buy some figs if you're not into HP/FB

Just now, Borex said:

I would guess that they don't use all of the key figures, in case the series is a hit and they want to have a series two. So the cmf's would be a mix between important and not important characters and with a good mix of male/female figs. And with accessoiries which are interesting enough to buy some figs if you're not into HP/FB

Yeah, I think we'd be more likely to see one-movie specific characters and variants in the CMF (so Yule Ball costumes, Quirrel, Lockhart...)  while the main trio, Dumbledore, Malfoy, Snape, Voldemort  and so on in their main outfits will be in the sets