Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I think Sirius Black needs an update hopefully with the suit he has in Order Of Phoneix. A new hairpiece especially.

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I think Sirius Black needs an update hopefully with the suit he has in Order Of Phoneix. A new hairpiece especially.

a decent Sirius/Gary Oldman figure would be awesome.

Really hope the wave will be a success, so we get a chance for some decent figs for side characters - Kingsley, Tonks, Mad Eye, Cho Chang, Fleur, Cedric. They would have at least some chance, while we probably never will get a Barty Crouch Sr&Jr or Angelina Johnson..

But that will depend on if the sets will be good. They would really need to step up their quality a bit from the last waves (minifigs & builds). If the Hogwarts set will be really good, I already know lots of people who are no Lego fans at all, that will purchase it anyway.

I'm quite scared though they'll overuse the new dresspiece. For Mcgonnigal I could understand, but hopefully Dumbledore will get (printed) legs instead of a dresspiece!

6 hours ago, cocabottle said:

I have been lurking in this topic for a long time, but am very excited for the new sets, mainly for the new minifigs. Any opinions whether the Dimensions figures will be recycled or redesigned? I think I have to buy them now, before they are gone?

Nice compilation! I think the Dursleys will be in night gown since they come with the rifle (Vernon) and the cake (Dudley) in the scene on the island after they escape the owls.

ty mate!

since the game is in, Tlc has changed a lot of moule of hairs. I think a lot of characters will be different that the game version.

For the 6 unknowns, my wichlist:

lockart: latest?cb=20110511122022

quirrel: latest?cb=20110501141151

Cho-chang: latest?cb=20111113192009

sybille trelawney: 185?cb=20100730165528

Percy weasley: latest?cb=20100822055100

Tom riddle: latest?cb=20110112083225

characters from 1-3

Edited by Black Numenorean

If FB is in the CMF I expect too see:

-Newt, Tina, Jacob, Queenie and maybe Credence.

If not then:

-1 Hufflepuff student, 1 Ravenclaw student, Lockhart, Quirrell and Trelawney

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If FB is in the CMF I expect too see:

-Newt, Tina, Jacob, Queenie and maybe Credence.

If not then:

-1 Hufflepuff student, 1 Ravenclaw student, Lockhart, Quirrell and Trelawney

Fantastic Beasts are not in CMF

19 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Depends on the scene they are trying to replicate.

What do you mean? She only has one costume

I don't expect Riddle in the CMF series since they included his diary with Myrtle. He could be in Hogwarts if they include the CoS though. 

I would expect to see one of the first three DAtDA teachers in Hogwarts (most likely Quarrel since they'll want a bad guy and probably won't include Voldermort again) and the other two in the CMF series. 

3 hours ago, Ultron said:

What do you mean? She only has one costume

Was in regards to the idea of us also getting Ravenclaw students - Myrtle does not share that many scenes with Ravenclaw's surprisingly in the movies.

I could see Lockhart and Trelawney being included in the CMF Series, though I would hope that Quirrell and Riddle would be saved for a future wave of sets.

37 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I could see Lockhart and Trelawney being included in the CMF Series, though I would hope that Quirrell and Riddle would be saved for a future wave of sets.

I hope that Quirrell at least isn't saved for a future wave as I want his figure and the old one is worth a lot of money

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

I hope that Quirrell at least isn't saved for a future wave as I want his figure and the old one is worth a lot of money

If the Wave 1 and CMF are themed around 1-3 I would expect him to only be in the CMF or Hogwarts set.

I wouldn’t be surprised if teachers like Trelawney are exclusive to the D2C. I really hope we get some new ones or updated versions of really old ones (Quirrel, Lockhart). 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if teachers like Trelawney are exclusive to the D2C. I really hope we get some new ones or updated versions of really old ones (Quirrel, Lockhart). 

I think she are more like a typical colorful CMF,  Sprout and Flitwick are more likely to be in the D2C.
Maybe Madam Pomfrey,(or Irma Pince, Peeves ), and a student from each house is exclusive to the D2C (or 2 if it has more figs than i think)?
So I guess the D2C will have the following minifigs:

• Harry
  • Ron
  • Hermione
  • Dumbledore
  • Sprout (if she is not in the CMF)
  • Flitwick (if he is not in the CMF)
  • Madam Pomfrey (or other exclusive figs connected to Hogwarts)
  • Gryffindor student (Ginny if she is not in another set)
  • Slytherin student
  • Ravenclaw student (Luna or Cho if they are not in another set)
  • Hufflepuff student

43 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think she are more like a typical colorful CMF,  Sprout and Flitwick are more likely to be in the D2C.
Maybe Madam Pomfrey,(or Irma Pince, Peeves ), and a student from each house is exclusive to the D2C (or 2 if it has more figs than i think)?
So I guess the D2C will have the following minifigs:

• Harry
  • Ron
  • Hermione
  • Dumbledore
  • Sprout (if she is not in the CMF)
  • Flitwick (if he is not in the CMF)
  • Madam Pomfrey (or other exclusive figs connected to Hogwarts)
  • Gryffindor student (Ginny if she is not in another set)
  • Slytherin student
  • Ravenclaw student (Luna or Cho if they are not in another set)
  • Hufflepuff student

I think we should get 2 students from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, 3/4 from Slytherin & then 4/5 from Gryffindor.

Also if the theme is following episodes 1-3 that will most likely mean no Luna won't it? 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I think we should get 2 students from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, 3/4 from Slytherin & then 4/5 from Gryffindor.

Also if the theme is following episodes 1-3 that will most likely mean no Luna won't it? 

No luna, i think but during the year one of three, they are some hufflepuff who blame Potter to be Salazar's legacy. And for ravenclaw, we just know the girlfriend of Percy and one time Cho chang in the third book

What would be great if in the new series of Harry Potter Lego chose more realistic colors for the castle, because in the sets it is very bright, but in the film the walls are darker and the roofs are mostly grey and not sand green. 

045BE474-690A-44B8-8C68-EE885CCA3F18.jpeg

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I forgot that she do not turn up before later in the series, so likely not this round, but still a lot of students too chose from in the 3 first books/films :wink:

I really hope that we are getting 2 different Dumbledores from the Potter films. The Michael Gambon one could be in the great hall with his blue robes while the exclusive Richard Harris one could be in D2C set. It would be cool if we got a completely other design for him with a new face, orange/lilac robes and a new hat piece.. 

23 minutes ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I really hope that we are getting 2 different Dumbledores from the Potter films. The Michael Gambon one could be in the great hall with his blue robes while the exclusive Richard Harris one could be in D2C set. It would be cool if we got a completely other design for him with a new face, orange/lilac robes and a new hat piece.. 

We will at least get 2 different; young and old, but even 1 more old?... :sceptic:

3 hours ago, ddavid said:

What would be great if in the new series of Harry Potter Lego chose more realistic colors for the castle, because in the sets it is very bright, but in the film the walls are darker and the roofs are mostly grey and not sand green. 

I think so too, They should use Sand Yellow for the walls and Dark Stone Gray for the roofs. I wouldn't buy a D2C of Hogwarts with the classic Yellow Brick and Sand Green..... 

I Realized a MOC using the Sand Yellow and Dark Stone Gray and I like a lot that colour Scheme.

35166764940_d234cb03a1_n.jpg

LEGO Hogwarts Castle by Etel Enzos, en Flickr

Edited by ETELENZOS92

25 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

We will at least get 2 different; young and old, but even 1 more old?... :sceptic:

Well it's an option since every single Hogwarts set yet includes Dumbledore. So if we'll get him anyway, I'll rather have his Richard Harris variant instead of a reused figure  (that is of course if Michael Gambon comes in the great hall).

I think its time to retire the old hagrid molds. Lego scale is always a bit loose so i think a Beorn style approach would work out for him, Especially now the new skirts don't make other figures taller. Hagrid being able to sit as well would be a benefit.

fm536e.png

Quick example.

Edited by deskp

6 hours ago, ddavid said:

But it still doesn't look bad.