Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I just realised, the cmf says we get the bloody baron, a ghost that's literally covered in blood, I thought Lego was avoiding blood?

I'm fairly sure his blood will be dark black ichor looking stuff like the Pirates of the Caribbean ghosts, he just has stains on his tunic in the movie.

I wonder who the last three CMF slots will consist of?  Hopefully not Tom Riddle, as I think they should save him for a Chamber of Secrets set, and Lupin (unless he's in the Whomping Willow set) and Peter Pettigrew would also be a better fit for an updated Shrieking Shack.  Quirrell should probably also be saved if they update the Sorcerer's Stone sets, or at least the Mirror of Erised.  Lockhart seems like a good fit, and could come with one of his books, or better yet, a pixie! :laugh:  An updated Trelawney would also be great.

Odd that the CMF do not seem to come with more animals.

The "normal" owls are probably plenty full in the sets(hope for a new color, maybe a barn owl)

But Ron small owl Pigwidgeon or Scabbers and Crookshanks could have been included :sceptic:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Odd that the CMF do not seem to come with more animals.

The "normal" owls are probably plenty full in the sets(hope for a new color, maybe a barn owl)

But Ron small owl Pigwidgeon or Scabbers and Crookshanks could have been included :sceptic:

Good call. Where are the owls? I would have suspected that there were owls in the cmf. They are a good accessory and stand in line with giving us animals in the cmf series. 

19 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Guys a possible list of Harry Potter cmf have leaked!!!! Afroman posted this himself I think it is legit 

Harry 

Ron 

hermine 

lily potter 

james potter 

fred Wesley 

george Wesley 

the three deserlys 

roland stunt 

bloody baron 

sir Nicholas

thick monk

myrtle

sirus black

2 more unknown ones 

If this is true it's a pretty weak line-up. No idea who 'Roland Stunt' or 'Thick Monk' are supposed to be and there are a lot of key characters missing, the most obvious being DUmbledore, Hagrid and Voldemort. Plus the absence of Newt, Tina and Jacob seems a bit strange.

11 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If this is true it's a pretty weak line-up. No idea who 'Roland Stunt' or 'Thick Monk' are supposed to be and there are a lot of key characters missing, the most obvious being DUmbledore, Hagrid and Voldemort. Plus the absence of Newt, Tina and Jacob seems a bit strange.

Madam Hooch and the Fat Friar, respectfully. 

7 hours ago, strangely said:

they replaced the slope brick with a proper dress piece

huh? which one?

8 hours ago, strangely said:

It's certainly possible that it's just a weird translation, but the exact wording makes me think otherwise. If it just said 'mantle', than I'd have assumed it was just a cape (In fact I believe that mantle or mantel might be equivalent to cape in some European languages), but the comparison to a raincoat seems oddly specific. If it were just an ordinary cape, I wouldn't see any need to compare it to anything as the cape is a widely known Lego element. So, the fact that the writer of this description felt the need to add more to the description might indicate it being a special element.

They've needed a better solution for robes for years. I just can't ignore the solution they created for TLBM, it's too good an element to not exist in reality. Too, they replaced the slope brick with a proper dress piece, so revamping the cloth elements probably isn't so far fetched anymore.

My guess is it's an ordinary cape. The wizard robes that characters wear are known as mantles in the Russian translation, and given certain characters' names on the list it's pretty obvious to me that it is translated (badly) from Russian. Now there's this same list but in Russian (however I don't know whether it is the original or translated from the broken English one), and it describes it as cloaks or capes and not raincoats. The clarification, as I see it, is needed to specify that it is an existing piece since it doesn't really look like the robes they wore in the movies.

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No the cmf and regular sets come out in August 

Okay, we should see these at NYTF then and possibly the toy fair before New York, I forget the location now.

25 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Okay, we should see these at NYTF then and possibly the toy fair before New York, I forget the location now.

Nope not that toy fair, Lego isn’t going to that one. Earliest we could see pictures of these sets is New York toy fair 

22 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Nope not that toy fair, Lego isn’t going to that one. Earliest we could see pictures of these sets is New York toy fair 

Lego is at Nürnberg Toy Fair at the end of January. They are just skipping London Toy Fair.

1 minute ago, Sinthoras said:

Lego is at Nürnberg Toy Fair at the end of January. They are just skipping London Toy Fair.

Correct, but if I remember correctly Nürnberg is no-photography.

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That's a goof in the first film, he is actually a Chaser. 

But now that you mention it, these might be based on the films, not the books. Which means no Peeves :sceptic:

J.K. Rowling said that he was a Chaser, but he’s mentioned as being a Seeker a few times in the books. 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:59 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

Guys a possible list of Harry Potter cmf have leaked!!!! Afroman posted this himself I think it is legit 

Harry 

Ron 

hermine 

lily potter 

james potter 

fred Wesley 

george Wesley 

the three deserlys 

roland stunt 

bloody baron 

sir Nicholas

thick monk

myrtle

sirus black

2 more unknown ones 

I feel like this sounds like a wishlist, I don't expect that Lego would release many less important characters like the ghosts in a minifigure series as their target audience, kids, won't be interested in characters like that so that seems unlikely. Also just the name of the bloody baron would probably not be possible due to Lego's standards with violence and blood.

18 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I feel like this sounds like a wishlist, I don't expect that Lego would release many less important characters like the ghosts in a minifigure series as their target audience, kids, won't be interested in characters like that so that seems unlikely. Also just the name of the bloody baron would probably not be possible due to Lego's standards with violence and blood.

Well you've seen the characters in the cmf series of the Lego movie and the lego batman movie series 1 and 2, it had many non important characters that barely had any dialogue, sometimes not even any dialogue just background characters, leaving the important ones for the sets.

23 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I don’t think it is a wishlist because it’s very similar to how they did the Lego batman movie. They put a lot of obscure characters in the minifigure wave and put the more disierable characters in the sets. If this was a wish list we would see more “big name characters in this wave” 

19 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I hope we get a Dobby this wave!

If Dobby is going to appear then my guess is he would be one of the three missing minifigures from the list 

One thing that still haven't been done in any previous set and I'd love to see on the UCS Hogwarts Castle is the Grand Staircase.

Edited by HarryPotter

56 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If Dobby is going to appear then my guess is he would be one of the three missing minifigures from the list 

They could also put in a house elf or two in the D2C...

29 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

One thing that still haven't been done in any previous set and I'd love to see on the UCS Hogwarts Castle is the Grand Staircase.

Welcome Mr Potter :wink: I think it is now or never with the staircase :grin:

55 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think it is a wishlist because it’s very similar to how they did the Lego batman movie. They put a lot of obscure characters in the minifigure wave and put the more disierable characters in the sets. If this was a wish list we would see more “big name characters in this wave”

The only flaw I see in your logic is the fact that HP is only supposed to be getting 5 (Unsure of exact number) sets, The Lego Batman Movie had 3 waves of sets to have main characters in.

2 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

The only flaw I see in your logic is the fact that HP is only supposed to be getting 5 (Unsure of exact number) sets, The Lego Batman Movie had 3 waves of sets to have main characters in.

We do not know how many waves we will get at this point. 3 HP sets, 2 FB sets, 1 D2C and 1 CMF..