Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Oh, so the theme is "Wizarding World" and will have both HP and FB sets. VERY nice. ETA on when they'll be out?

28 minutes ago, doclord said:

Oh, so the theme is "Wizarding World" and will have both HP and FB sets. VERY nice. ETA on when they'll be out?

Who has confirmed this? 

7 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

That would make it once in a row. 

I mean we've got 2 or 3 people giving us hints about its return, Id say there might be something to it

Just now, BrickHat said:

A few posts back, rob did.

Is he a reliable source? Sir Von just said HP and I trust his word.:look:

50 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Is he a reliable source? Sir Von just said HP and I trust his word.:look:

Yep, Rob is as trusty as a house elf (not a hint mind you :tongue:)

Edit- Actually scratch that, the house elves we've met constantly kept secrets and caused trouble. He is  trusty though :tongue:

Edited by Duncan Young

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Yep, Rob is as trusty as a house elf (not a hint mind you :tongue:)

Okay thanks.:grin:   let's just hope we get more HP sets than FB.  I for one would very much like to see an 'UCS' style Hogwarts.  

I'd also like to see Goblet of Fire get some love, along with Luna's house and a new Wesley and Dursley's house.:grin:

They should update Quirrel and Lockhart, we also need Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and the Dursleys. I can go on about things that should be included.

Btw I have 1 question, what are the chances of including the Cursed Child and if they're high, what will that mean for Hermione?

3 hours ago, Ultron said:

I mean we've got 2 or 3 people giving us hints about its return, Id say there might be something to it

Yes, there are enough credible sources indicating that there's something to the rumor that even AB endorsing it doesn't make me doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Yes, there are enough credible sources indicating that there's something to the rumor that even AB endorsing it doesn't make me doubt it. 

LOL!!!!

4 minutes ago, LordLEGOtube said:

What if by "Harry Potter" it may mean Harry Potter and the cursed child rather than the movies?

Highly unlikely as there is no movie planned for that book. Fantastic Beasts has a movie coming out next year.

44 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Would you look at that,  we got a funny guy over here...

I'm pretty hyped for Lego's return to HP (if it turns out true). I missed getting the old ones as a kid and I've long since taken a break from getting any Lego sets as a whole, so this'll be the perfect time to jump in.

For me, there are only three good things that could come from this revival.

One, a D2C Hogwarts Express of a Emerald Night quality, which also must come with large train wheels. Secondly, potential figures from the FB movies would provide some great, 1920's period set attire prints that could be repurposed for other non-HP related MOCs. Lastly, a D2C Hogwarts Castle would definitely supply a great deal of possibly new Sand Green bricks in the construction of the towers' spires and roofs.

I wonder if LEGO could take a modular approach to Hogwarts, if a large Disney Castle-style set isn't in the cards. One wave could include Dumbledore's Office, the next could include Gryffindor House Quarters, then the dining hall/sorting hat, Snape's Potions classroom, the Room of Requirement, etc. And they'd all be designed to connect together into a larger build. Probably a pipe dream since it would be fairly complicated to plan out, but it would be a great way to get larger, more detailed interior areas (and more of them), it would fit the sprawling architectural style of the castle, and it would keep the line going year after year... rather than releasing a slightly different, vastly undersized version of Hogwarts every few years, which seemed to be the approach a decade ago. 

If the alleged CMF series doesn't include baby Harry as someone's accessory, this whole spectualation will be worthless. 

20 minutes ago, saysonder said:

If the alleged CMF series doesn't include baby Harry as someone's accessory, this whole spectualation will be worthless. 

If the alleged CMF series doesn't give baby Harry as an accessory to a Voldemort figure, I will be severely disappointed.

4 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

Don't blaspheme me! I have no stake in this.

6 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

They should update Quirrel and Lockhart, we also need Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and the Dursleys. I can go on about things that should be included.

Btw I have 1 question, what are the chances of including the Cursed Child and if they're high, what will that mean for Hermione?

The last time we got Lockhart and Dursleys they had the good old yellow heads.  They are drastically in need of an update. 

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I wonder if LEGO could take a modular approach to Hogwarts, if a large Disney Castle-style set isn't in the cards. One wave could include Dumbledore's Office, the next could include Gryffindor House Quarters, then the dining hall/sorting hat, Snape's Potions classroom, the Room of Requirement, etc. And they'd all be designed to connect together into a larger build. Probably a pipe dream since it would be fairly complicated to plan out, but it would be a great way to get larger, more detailed interior areas (and more of them), it would fit the sprawling architectural style of the castle, and it would keep the line going year after year... rather than releasing a slightly different, vastly undersized version of Hogwarts every few years, which seemed to be the approach a decade ago. 

I doubt it.

- it would mean a lot of smaller sets instead of one aspirational one, this is opposite of D2C sets like The Simpsons, Disney Castle, etc.

- people would have to wait years to complete the main model, which may put people off. And there is always the chance that sales are not good (or something else happens) and they stop doing it before it is completed (like in LOTR).

- would late comers buy into it if they missed the original ones and so don't have a chance to buy them (at retail)

- the full design would need to be done up front, only to wait years for some of it to be made

- complaints if later ones sell out when customers have bought into earlier parts of the design

It is more likely we will get one big castle D2C set, if they divide it into several sets we most likely will get all the parts in one wave..

The dream would off course be to get a part of the castle with 2000 bricks every year for a decade, but not very likely so I hope it is one huge set at least the size of Disney :tongue: