Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

The Great Hall description says Voldemort is attacking so it must be from Deathly Hallows, which kinda debunks the theory of only books 1-3

I wouldn’t say so, he is the big bad of the series so they kinda have to include him 

3 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Now I could definitely see a second CMF series being made for Years 4-7.

I would like that to be true!

I guess the D2C Hogwarts will be populated by characters from the first 3 books/movies, so a 2nd series of CMF would be great for "updating" the Castle :)

It would be interesting though to see how much of the Catle will the Designers choose to represent: only the most important parts, but the rooms more true to their original size, or a lot of small rooms that barerly fit 2 or even one minifig. I think I would be happier with the second option. There are a lot of fun rooms and spaces (I especially would like to see the Grand Staircase with paintings), and it would be a shame if there weren't included.

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

ahaha, nobody cares about FB. This is just a little book with 25 pages. I read it a long time ago. Now, for the business, it exist under the form of movie.

The ciment of the Wizarding world is Potter ^^

Well it is probably thanks to FB that we get all the HP stuff now, in addition it is going to be a epic 5 movie series. Must be the first time in history that someone said let's make 5 movies even before they made the first one to see how well that preformed (except maybe Disney star wars movies, but that is not the first SW movies so do not count)..

1 hour ago, doclord said:

I think the third figure in the Whomping Willow is either going to be Hermione or Lupin, and that Ron and Harry are going to be in their Year 3 casual outfits from the movies. The Ford is obviously representing two, but it would make sense to have a vaguely Prisoner of Azkaban themed set if they're doing 1-3 for the first wae.

Most likely Lupin then, Hermione the source would have recognised I guess and it makes more sense in the set..

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It doesn’t seem to have put Lego off for making series 2 of different cmf series. Based on this pattern it really seems like they are doing the 1-3 then 4-7 similar to how they did the video games because where are the characters from 4-7 in the minifigure series? Everything just lines up like there will be more Harry Potter

Lets hope so, hopefully Lego will make a lot of money on these sets, so we get waves as long as the FB movies are in cinemas at least :tongue:

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

ahaha, nobody cares about FB.

I really enjoyed the movie and so many people did too, that Lego realised that there is finally demand for sets from the Harry Potter Universe.

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

hopefully Lego will make a lot of money on these sets, so we get waves as long as the FB movies are in cinemas at least

I think we all hope that :)

Star Wars Sets were produced pretty much all the time, even when there were no new movies coming. As long there is demand, there will be new sets.

So i googled the names of the list for i am not really familiar with the wizarding world of mr H. Potter.

according to the list we'll get the parents of Harry and baby Harry, and the Dursleys (these figs are very wizarding world of Harry Potter imo). Will dudley have a pigtail as print or as 'buckle'piece (as it is noted as pig tail detail).

Fred and George Weasley will probably be like the Zan and Jayna of this cmf series

Roland Stunt? is that Rolanda Hooch? This fig has double facial expressions. So i guess one with and one without goggles.

We get 5 houseghosts! Lol. But the fun thing about these are of course that they work well in any theme, and some of them need new hair moulds/colours so that's nice. Also will it be Lego's first monk?

And Sirius Black has as accessory: dog detail. What is that suppose to mean? He has a dog? or a dog head?

1 minute ago, Borex said:

And Sirius Black has as accessory: dog detail. What is that suppose to mean? He has a dog? or a dog head?

Since the list is translated from Russian, it means he has a dog piece, that is, a dog. I think a new mold would be necessary.

13 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

If I were LEGO, I would put in the CMF some characters from the Cursed Child.

I don't think there'd be much demand from anyone for that, especially not kids.

I’m wondering if the presence of a CMF series is an indication that the figs in the actual sets will have high quality prints to match those of the CMFs, which always get special attention to detail. It’d be weird to have really detailed Dursleys and then a main character with minimal printing or something. 

Just now, OneWithTheForce said:

I don't think there'd be much demand from anyone for that, especially not kids.

Not even from many fans considering some of us reject it as canon 

37 minutes ago, Swamp said:

Since the list is translated from Russian, it means he has a dog piece, that is, a dog. I think a new mold would be necessary.

Wouldn't the german shepherd mould in black suffice?

So I was thinking about it more and I think lego is pretty smart about how they are handling this Harry Potter theme. The only repeats we are getting is Ron, Harry, and Hermione. First the CMF series gives us a lot of obscure characters like the house ghosts and lily and James Potter similar to how the lego batman movie gave us alot of obscure villians and suits in the CMF series. The CMF series also gives alot of obscure pieces that only a CMF series could give us such as the snitch, a baby harry, a printed candy piece, marauder's map. If they were in a normal lego set, they would probably be stickers, re use molds, or not exist all together. Then they give us 3 sets based off the film. Seeing how they are going off the first 3 books for at least two sets, the aragog and the flying ford anglia are good choices for sets for book one and two and three. For the last set I dont think lego is basing the set off any book or movie, I think lego just wants to include Voldemort in a set and they thought they could include the grand hall for an extra add on and include alot characters so people would want to buy them. This way people are satisfied with the CMF and the sets so when they give us the 500$ hogwarts with 20+ figures, people are not angry that they cant afford a set with characters they want from years 1-3. It gives lego a chance to take a break from normal cmf's next year and release cmfs based on the 2 movies it has coming plus another harry potter series and sets covering years 4-7. Smart move Lego

1 hour ago, ddavid said:

(I especially would like to see the Grand Staircase with paintings), and it would be a shame if there weren't included.

That would be a nice play feature also, but would most likely include a sticker sheet that give AFOLs nightmares :grin:

24 minutes ago, Borex said:

Wouldn't the german shepherd mould in black suffice?

Well depend from where you take the dog, I think he is a Irish Wolfhound or similar :classic:

If the list is true, there will be third time twins is CMF (First time Selma and Patty in the Simpsons, then Jan and Zayna in TLBM 2). And what is of note, that the twins are increasingly more similar.

Come to think of it, the 3 unknown figs could still be Tina, Queenie and Jacob. That would explain why he do not now them if the sorce have not seen the FB movie :sceptic:

How many new molds do you think we'll get out of the CMFs and sets? Simpsons, Disney, and TLBM were all filled to the brim with new sculpts but I can see them working out just fine with what we have for HP.

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Come to think of it, the 3 unknown figs could still be Tina, Queenie and Jacob. That would explain why he do not now them if the sorce have not seen the FB movie :sceptic:

I don't think so... maybe another CMF series focused on FB will be released when the movie premieres. If TLG want to include some minifigures on this CMF series, they would release more than 2 or 3...

Am I the only one who thinks this is a letdown? I thought the series was supposed to cover the whole franchise, not just the first three movies :hmpf_bad: Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of great new characters here, but all of it is based on the earlier movies and I doubt we'll get that much of a variety in the D2C set to make up for that... Oh well.

Edited by Lego-Freak

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a letdown? I thought the series was supposed to cover the whole franchise, not just the first three movies :hmpf_bad: Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of great new characters here, but all of it is based on the earlier movies and I doubt we'll get that much of a variety in the D2C set to make up for that... Oh well.

That’s why people are saying there will be more to cover 4-7 because it is strange that these seems to only cover 1-3

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If this is the case then one of the spots would have to go to Newt because he is the main character after all but I think that would do more harm then good for people who want Lego fantastic beast stuff because if Lego was serious about including the fantastic beasts I think they would do more than 3 characters 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Lily Potter with "a child with a zipper print on his forehead"??

The heck?

Are we sure this is legit?

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The heck?

They must mean Harry as a baby with a scar right? Unless he's turned into a Slitheen :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The heck?

Harry Potter is obviously in disguise...duh :laugh:

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

They must mean Harry as a baby with a scar right? Unless he's turned into a Slitheen :tongue:

Yeah, but Lily can't be holding baby Harry with the scar, because he got his scar AFTER Voldemort killed Lily 

If anything, baby Harry with the scar should come with Dumbledore or Aunt Petunia 

----

Also, the list says we are getting adult Lily but teenage James. That sounds odd to me

And James comes with the Snitch??? But he wasn't a Seeker, but a Chaser

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that these are untrue to the source material?

Edited by Robert8

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This will be a great thing to do if next year we have another CMF series that covers movies 4-7.  Even then I don't think two series will be enough.:laugh:

It's obviously not focused on 1-3... It seems to be more focused on the Hogwarts grounds and Aragog, Whomping Willow, and the Flying Car are just the easiest ways of portraying that within 3 affordable sets. 

As for the minfig series, they are giving us obscure figures that would be a waste of space in sets or just wouldn't work, and it just so happens that most of those characters are from the 1st 2 films. The Dursleys, Potters, and Ghosts just wouldn't fit in any sets that people would ACTUALLY buy, even though they are cool figures.

I'm guessing the Hogwarts set will be more focused upon the later films.

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

It's obviously not focused on 1-3... It seems to be more focused on the Hogwarts grounds and Aragog, Whomping Willow, and the Flying Car are just the easiest ways of portraying that within 3 affordable sets. 

As for the minfig series, they are giving us obscure figures that would be a waste of space in sets or just wouldn't work, and it just so happens that most of those characters are from the 1st 2 films. The Dursleys, Potters, and Ghosts just wouldn't fit in any sets that people would ACTUALLY buy, even though they are cool figures.

I'm guessing the Hogwarts set will be more focused upon the later films.

It’s not “obviously” not based on 1-3. The only figures or scenarios outside of those films is the inclusion of Voldermort in the Great Hall.

so if you want to go down the “obvious” route, it is that the wave is based on books 1-3