Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That's indeed true, but I can't remember if either the quidditch set or the Hogwarts express was the surprise set. 

I thought it ended up being both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

We need a large diagon alley set. There will be another d2c set next year I spose?

That would indeed make a lot of sense as a d2c to go with the cmf series if that turns out be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ultron said:

I thought it ended up being both?

I don’t think the Quidditch set was a surprise, since I seem to remember @Catanas mentioning a “sporty” set long before we got pictures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We now have the piececount for every set in June:

75945: 121                                  

75946: 265

75947: 496

75948: 922

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

That would indeed make a lot of sense as a d2c to go with the cmf series if that turns out be true.

To go with what CMF series? We’re not getting a HP series next year. And the Hogwarts Castle Set used the D2C-for-CMF set numbering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t think the Quidditch set was a surprise, since I seem to remember @Catanas mentioning a “sporty” set long before we got pictures. 

Oh yeah I remember, then it was the Hogwarts Express.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Whovastron said:

To go with what CMF series? We’re not getting a HP series next year. And the Hogwarts Castle Set used the D2C-for-CMF set numbering 

Has it been confirmed that we definitely aren’t getting a Wizarding World CMF for 2018?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So all of those LEGO posters that leaked for Harry Potter actually come from a Harry Potter poster book that contains 16 posters in total. I’m not sure when the release date for the book will be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

Has it been confirmed that we definitely aren’t getting a Wizarding World CMF for 2018?

The series are The Lego Movie 2, Series whatever the next one is, and Disney series 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The series are The Lego Movie 2, Series whatever the next one is, and Disney series 2

Actually Disney series 2 is rumored to be the series after LEGO movie 2. There is another slot open for the August/September series for Wizarding World Series 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually Disney series 2 is rumored to be the series after LEGO movie 2. There is another slot open for the August/September series for Wizarding World Series 2

Thought the August/September slot was the regular series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Thought the August/September slot was the regular series.

Hasn’t been confirmed. I would suspect it’s a possibility because it would go along with the one regular series per year but at this point anything is possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have conflicting opinions, on the one hand I’m frustrated that there is so little Lego wizarding world Lego next year, on the other hand I’m thankful as I’m only 15 and need time to save up money to buy the whole wave like I did the last wave, and so I’m glad that I don’t end up throwing my wallet down the drain for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hasn’t been confirmed. I would suspect it’s a possibility because it would go along with the one regular series per year but at this point anything is possible 

Wasn't it actually confirmed by the designers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a new sticker book on Instagram, it do not seem to come with any minifigs, but have a flying Hedwig on the front-page.. Probably to much to expect that they will make a flying owl mould, but we are for sure getting a lot of new moulds in next wave.. So what do you think they will be?!
Buckbeak and maybe some new dragon parts for a Hungarian Horntail is my guess :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointing that none of the sets have a higher piece count than 900... that rules out diagon alley

Edited by Bainter-ban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

There is a new sticker book on Instagram, it do not seem to come with any minifigs, but have a flying Hedwig on the front-page.. Probably to much to expect that they will make a flying owl mould, but we are for sure getting a lot of new moulds in next wave.. So what do you think they will be?!
Buckbeak and maybe some new dragon parts for a Hungarian Horntail is my guess :tongue:

I’d rather they spent their budget on new animals/beasts rather than alternate versions of existing ones :grin: I hope they keep up their effort in terms of investing in new moulds, which should he doable considering how many pieces can be reused that were introduced this year :thumbup: As long as 2011 doesn‘t repeat itself (nice sets and minifigs but not a single new mould), we‘re all good :sweet: 

In terms of content, I can‘t wait to see what awaits us next year. If it‘s only half as good as this year‘s offerings, it‘ll still be amazing :drool: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts are:

75945: 121 pieces- Similar to the Grindelwald's Scape piece count, Defense Against Dark Arts classroom with Professor Lockhart and 3 Cornish Pixies would be Perfect!

75946: 265 pieces- Hope this will be the First Task with the Hungarian Horntail

75947: 496 pieces- Similar to the Quiddith set, maybe Hagrid's Hut? We need a Buckbeak.

75948: 922 pieces- Hope it will be another part of Hogwarts, the piece count for the Great Hall was 878, Hope this will be a new Clock Tower with some Tower and Clock Tower Courtyard fountain element.

Edited by ETELENZOS92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

My thoughts are:

75945: 121 pieces- Similar to the Grindelwald's Scape piece count, Defense Against Dark Arts classroom with Professor Lockhart and 3 Cornish Pixies would be Perfect!

75946: 265 pieces- Hope this will be the First Task with the Hungarian Horntail

75947: 496 pieces- Similar to the Quiddith set, maybe Hagrid's Hut? We need a Buckbeak.

75948: 922 pieces- Hope it will be another part of Hogwarts, the piece count for the Great Hall was 878, Hope this will be a new Clock Tower with some Tower and Clock Tower Courtyard fountain element.

That would be awesome if they did a different part of the castle each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im hoping that the

75945:  121 pieces a small Care of Magical Creatures with Buckbeak and the book of monsters. kind of like the old 4750 set

75946: 265 pieces-the knight bus

75947: 496 pieces the shrieking shack with Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black, and Lupin(werewolf version) and their animagus forms. And the Maruader's Map

75948:922 pieces Hagrid's Hut and a part of the castle where Sirius Black is being held. with Buckbeak, of course! and with Hermiones time turner

Sorry Etelenzos92, i took your format. Hope that's ok!

Edited by DocStrange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guesses are: 

75945: 121pcs - Girls Bathroom with  the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets ( Moaning Myrtle, Cat Hermione and Harry)

75946: 265pcs - Small Shrieking Shack (Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Wolf Lupin and Harry) or new Knight bus ( Ernie, Harry, Stan Shunpike + Dog). But imo these are unlikely because of the low piece count :/

75947: 496pcs - Hagrid‘s Hut (Buckbeak, Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fudge) 

75948: 922pcs - Either:

The Burrow ( Molly, Arthur, F & G, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Hermione + a new Crookshanks)

The chamber of secrets ( new Basilisk with moulded headpiece, Tom Riddle, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ginny, Harry and Fawkes) 

The clocktower + courtyard (Remus Lupin, Harry, Hermione with Timeturner, Dumbledore, the Bloody Baron, Crabbe + Goyle) 

 

Let‘s come back to this post in a few months and see how wrong/ right I was 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, topiku said:

My guesses are: 

75945: 121pcs - Girls Bathroom with  the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets ( Moaning Myrtle, Cat Hermione and Harry)

75946: 265pcs - Small Shrieking Shack (Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Wolf Lupin and Harry) or new Knight bus ( Ernie, Harry, Stan Shunpike + Dog). But imo these are unlikely because of the low piece count :/

75947: 496pcs - Hagrid‘s Hut (Buckbeak, Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fudge) 

75948: 922pcs - Either:

The Burrow ( Molly, Arthur, F & G, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Hermione + a new Crookshanks)

The chamber of secrets ( new Basilisk with moulded headpiece, Tom Riddle, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ginny, Harry and Fawkes) 

The clocktower + courtyard (Remus Lupin, Harry, Hermione with Timeturner, Dumbledore, the Bloody Baron, Crabbe + Goyle) 

 

Let‘s come back to this post in a few months and see how wrong/ right I was 😂 

Now that's a list I can get behind. Girl's Bathroom, Knight Bus, Hagrid's Hut, and Chamber Of Secrets. If we're lucky we might get another hidden exclusive set like Hogwarts Express and maybe that way we could get the Shrieking Shack at the $80 range. And if there's another D2C that would probably be Diagon Alley. If I remember the D2C info was leaked at New Year's last year so we could get info on this soon... 3 from POA and 3 from COS covering those iconic movie scenes perfectly. 

Edited by RODDY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, topiku said:

My guesses are: 

75945: 121pcs - Girls Bathroom with  the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets ( Moaning Myrtle, Cat Hermione and Harry)

75946: 265pcs - Small Shrieking Shack (Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Wolf Lupin and Harry) or new Knight bus ( Ernie, Harry, Stan Shunpike + Dog). But imo these are unlikely because of the low piece count :/

75947: 496pcs - Hagrid‘s Hut (Buckbeak, Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fudge) 

75948: 922pcs - Either:

The Burrow ( Molly, Arthur, F & G, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Hermione + a new Crookshanks)

The chamber of secrets ( new Basilisk with moulded headpiece, Tom Riddle, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ginny, Harry and Fawkes) 

The clocktower + courtyard (Remus Lupin, Harry, Hermione with Timeturner, Dumbledore, the Bloody Baron, Crabbe + Goyle) 

 

Let‘s come back to this post in a few months and see how wrong/ right I was 😂 

I think shrieking shack and knight bus are too big for a 265 piece set, perhaps the greenhouse, death eater attack scene from GOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

I think shrieking shack and knight bus are too big for a 265 piece set, perhaps the greenhouse, death eater attack scene from GOF

Yeah I think so too but I hope they do sets from 2-3 and not start with 4 yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.