Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

On 11/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, Legoniche said:

What are everybody’s top 3 wizarding world minifig of 2018 ?

1) Umbridge (Bricktober)
2) Tina Goldstein (CMF)
3) Harry Potter (Spider set)

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The UCS Hogwarts has double points throughout all of November in the US. 

Wow, I had no idea.  Thank you!

Some really cool art showed up on instagram of Lego PoA, GoF and I believe OotP or HBP. It shows buckbeak  (not sure if it's the old mold or based on a new design) year 6 Neville, Ginny and Draco among others. Not sure what it means however and where it's from.

58 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Some really cool art showed up on instagram of Lego PoA, GoF and I believe OotP or HBP. It shows buckbeak  (not sure if it's the old mold or based on a new design) year 6 Neville, Ginny and Draco among others. Not sure what it means however and where it's from.

Awesome art indeed. That's a new mold as well.  The POA poster has the Great Hall behind it, maybe it's a hint of what sets are coming? For the GOF poster we can see Harry in his Task 1 gear so Hungarian Horntail remake would be that one. For the OoTP maybe a Ministry Of Magic Playset with the duel at the end of the film (unlikely but would be totally awesome). Half Blood Prince could be the Cave with the Inferi. And Draco of course would be Room Of Requirements. Which oddly matches up with that old rumor from months ago. Who am I kidding, it's probably from an upcoming book. 

Edited by RODDY

Since we got the Thestral mould this wave I think a new buckbeak mould is highly likely in next wave. After seen those pictures I am even more sure, looks great :sweet:

Bricktober set 17 of November in USA:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-harry-potter-bricktober-2018-5005254-barnes-and-noble-confirmed-details/

Edited by Roebuck

Hopefully that artwork is an indication of things to come next year.  That Buckbeak in particular would be great to see in a set, as it would make for a nice improvement on the 2004 version.

Hey, what kind of animal or more likely fantastic beast is there in the picture where Harry are flying buckbeak (beside hippogriff and owl) *oh2*

I  think those are indeed upcoming minifigures

Harry would get a new hairpiece for years 5, 6 and 7. Ron would get a new one for year 4

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I  think those are indeed upcoming minifigures

Harry would get a new hairpiece for years 5, 6 and 7. Ron would get a new one for year 4

What artwork is everyone talking about? I have scoured Insta and seen nothing

See I don’t think there is any new hair piece required- this is how I would do it (not necessarily how lego’s Doing it:

harry year 1,2,3: new moulder harry hairpiece 

harry year 4: swept hair he has in CMF series

harry year 5,6,7: Oliver Woods hair in black

hermione year 1,2: new moulded Hermione hairpiece 

Hermione year 3: CMF Hermione hair 

Hermione year 4,5,6,7: Hermione 2011 hair 

Ron year 1,2,4: the new Ron Weasley hair 

Ron year 3: CMF Ron hair 

Ron year 5,6,7: CMF harry hair in dark orange/ 2011 Ron hair 

however, the dispute of what year the trio are in, in the CMF series has been cleared up thanks to those images- the CMF trio are in year 3, NOT year 4- i always thought the CMF Ron Andrew Hermione were yr 3, but I thought that the Harry from the CMF series was year 4- due to the hair. I hate that Lego are using that hair for his year 3 appearance, his yr 1+2 hair works much better for yr 3 

2 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

What artwork is everyone talking about? I have scoured Insta and seen nothing

mp lego news

Edited by RODDY

Don’t read too much into that artwork. Stuff like that is not made by the set design team, rather outsourced artists. They are given lots of leeway in their ability to design and include characters in styles and costumes that were never intended to come to fruition—at least as they are show here. 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hey, what kind of animal or more likely fantastic beast is there in the picture where Harry are flying buckbeak (beside hippogriff and owl) *oh2*

I think it's just meant to be a brick build deer/stag or maybe a reindeer. Nothing too special.

On a side note does anyone know if the diagon alley micro set will be released in the Netherlands? And if so how you can get it? 

40 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I think it's just meant to be a brick build deer/stag or maybe a reindeer. Nothing too special.

On a side note does anyone know if the diagon alley micro set will be released in the Netherlands? And if so how you can get it? 

It is currently free with an €80 spend on shop@home or Lego stores

I got today the Great Hall, and added it to the Whomping Willow set. I really hope they keep releasing more parts of the castle to have a full one.

Anyone know what kind of promotion is happening for the Diagon Alley set in the US? Lego is seriously mishandling their promotions this year, it’s pretty bad.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone know what kind of promotion is happening for the Diagon Alley set in the US? Lego is seriously mishandling their promotions this year, it’s pretty bad.

Currently available as a free gift with $99 purchases. I added the Winter Fire House to my cart and it came up so it should be on all purchases

Edited by Marvelous Spidey
Corrected from $75 to $99, it is all purchases

17 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It says "FREE Exclusive Diagon Alley Micro Build! Get it free with purchases over $99. Offer valid November 9-21, 2018".

Other than the Bricktober packs (which was somewhat out of their hands), what's Lego messed up with the GWPs?

5 hours ago, nikhkin said:

It says "FREE Exclusive Diagon Alley Micro Build! Get it free with purchases over $99. Offer valid November 9-21, 2018".

Other than the Bricktober packs (which was somewhat out of their hands), what's Lego messed up with the GWPs?

Diagon Alley, Bricktober, both Solo polybag minifigs (those polys are so badly advertised). It just feels like it’s been nothing but chaos and questions of what is happening when. It is what it is. At least I got my Diagon Alley last night on S@H! Now I gotta spend $75 at Barnes and Noble on the 17th for the HP Bricktober pack

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Diagon Alley, Bricktober, both Solo polybag minifigs (those polys are so badly advertised). It just feels like it’s been nothing but chaos and questions of what is happening when. It is what it is. At least I got my Diagon Alley last night on S@H! Now I gotta spend $75 at Barnes and Noble on the 17th for the HP Bricktober pack

Tbh they don’t have much control on bricktober. Ya unfortunate that we all New about it, but form a business point of view, nothing was even hinted until the full reveal by Barnes and noble. Not mishandled at all by Lego, all down to B&N.

Diagon Alley again just suffered from leaks, if there were no leaks, we would of just had a reveal and announcement and it’s been widely advertised like any other S@H promotion.

as for the solo polybags, they were well advertised here in the U.K. on S@H.

bricktober is gonna be a mess because of TRU closing, it’s not Lego’s fault, and they’ve sold atleast the HP ones to B&N, taking any blame out of their hands really.