Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Read up this page and you will see what is wrong with that statement

He said seemingly, and without seeing a written confirmation, the store calendar, or anything else, seemingly is right.. Nothing wrong with it just because he hadn’t seen your earlier post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Read up this page and you will see what is wrong with that statement

I visited three stores and called customer services last week - all the same response 'no plans for release' - maybe they received the calendar more recently that that? Regardless, i did not see your original comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Bricktober set was supposed to be at Toys 'R Us again from friday, but I was extremely busy and I couldn't even find time to call. I just called at all of them and none of them have it or are expected to have it again anytime soon, but guess what- the other Bricktober sets are even stocked online.

I am really, really upset right now- I haven't bought any of the new HP sets and all I wanted was an Umbridge so I could make a photo series out of it; "101 Ways to Kill Umbridge". And I really can't afford to spent 50 bucks on a couple of minifigures-.

F**K SCALPERS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just called a Barnes and Nobles in Michigan and some of the employees have heard of them...so that's a good sign, right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XQNtqGu.png
“Ryankroboth” has built a MOC render of the the missing half of Hogwarts Castle. You can view it here. It is still missing a few segments but this is what i am personally hoping we get as a set eventually.

Edited by Scarilian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks amazing that MOC Hogwarts. If all the sets together complete something similar. Everyone will be very happy :classic: 

I’m taking this with a grain of salt... but have people seen a version of Hagrids Hut just recently added to IG about 1 hour ago, claiming it’s the new Hagrids hut set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, AusMinifig said:

A version of Hagrids Hut just recently added to IG about 1 hour ago, claiming it’s the new Hagrids hut set. 

I guess you mean this one. It's been making the rounds a bit recently - its a custom, but pretty amazing work and would definitely get it for Buckbeak if it existed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the one! That’s a great custom, would love to get a new official buckbeak mould like that. Ahh can’t wait to hear news of new sets.

Anyone in Australia have news on access for us of the Bricktober pack? I’ve looked online to buy but the prices are extreme...then add postage  to here ugh... :hmpf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I guess you mean this one. It's been making the rounds a bit recently - its a custom, but pretty amazing work and would definitely get it for Buckbeak if it existed.

A excellent moc, but would not be surprised if the next wave have a set similar to that :thumbup:

 

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

“Ryankroboth” has built a MOC render of the the missing half of Hogwarts Castle. You can view it here. It is still missing a few segments but this is what i am personally hoping we get as a set eventually.

Also a great moc, but one I doubt Lego would make in the future :sceptic:

Edited by Roebuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So at this point regarding the Bricktober pack in the US it seems like our only option is to wait and see if more packs get released either at BN or Lego? Nothing else to do at the moment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AusMinifig said:

That’s the one! That’s a great custom, would love to get a new official buckbeak mould like that. Ahh can’t wait to hear news of new sets.

Anyone in Australia have news on access for us of the Bricktober pack? I’ve looked online to buy but the prices are extreme...then add postage  to here ugh... :hmpf:

Apparently there are no plans for it to come to Australia. I just picked one up from a Singaporean based BL store. $45 AUD (30 USD) + $13 shipping. It arrived well packaged and mint, so I’m very happy. I figured the minimum spend to get it ‘free’ in store was like $40 anyway, and would have been higher here, if available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Bricktober Harry Potter set was available at US Barnes and Noble, It didn't seem like anyone mentioned it until a little later... is there a place that I can follow which will let me know a bit earlier? I'm worried I missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roobix said:

When the Bricktober Harry Potter set was available at US Barnes and Noble, It didn't seem like anyone mentioned it until a little later... is there a place that I can follow which will let me know a bit earlier? I'm worried I missed it.

It wasn’t mentioned because no one really knew about it until it was mentioned. No one knew which select Barnes and Nobles would be carrying it and which wouldn’t. There was 0 advertising for this promotion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It wasn’t mentioned because no one really knew about it until it was mentioned. No one knew which select Barnes and Nobles would be carrying it and which wouldn’t. There was 0 advertising for this promotion 

Some folks have reported that their Barnes mentioned a line forming before the store opened to buy the set and that it sold out in ~20 mins. BN allowed customers to order at their store when the BN warehouses had stock until enough people ordered them that the warehouses sold out. So people are getting the information somewhere... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Roobix said:

Some folks have reported that their Barnes mentioned a line forming before the store opened to buy the set and that it sold out in ~20 mins. BN allowed customers to order at their store when the BN warehouses had stock until enough people ordered them that the warehouses sold out. So people are getting the information somewhere... 

I've suspected some people with insider's knowledge about BN. Honestly none of the Lego outlets saw this coming until it was too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read a comment on Brickset from someone who claimed to have spoken with a BN manager who said they had received a message from corporate saying they shouldn't have even sold these and that they'll be part of a promotion in the future. On TheBrickFan someone claimed to have read somewhere that these will be a GWP in November so that would be consistent with that. So don't buy on eBay just yet, US folks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got good news for the Americans -

I just returned from my local Barnes and Noble and spoke to the manager regarding the Bricktober pack. He confirmed for me that it IS a gift with purchase for purchases over $75 starting November 17th. It would appear that any prior sales were either not supposed to happen, or some sort of "test" to see how high they price point could be for the free gift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheesey said:

I've got good news for the Americans -

I just returned from my local Barnes and Noble and spoke to the manager regarding the Bricktober pack. He confirmed for me that it IS a gift with purchase for purchases over $75 starting November 17th. It would appear that any prior sales were either not supposed to happen, or some sort of "test" to see how high they price point could be for the free gift.

Can confirm. I called stores a few minutes ago in Ft. Myers Florida and Chicago Illinois (I travel for work).

 

Both gave the same info - November 17th street date, purchase over $75.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that in stores only or online as well? I have a local Barnes and Noble but they never had any Kessel Mine Worker polybags during the promotion (that may still be going on).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

am i the only one who has a problem at spending $75 at Barnes and Nobles? The one near me never has anything that is good plus it usually costs more there than anywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DocStrange said:

am i the only one who has a problem at spending $75 at Barnes and Nobles? The one near me never has anything that is good plus it usually costs more there than anywhere else.

You're probably better off buying it from the secondary market, then. You just have to wait for the prices to drop as these are gradually released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.