Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I bricklinked Umbridge old hairpiece  (and Filch his cat) and it looks so much better on her than the new piece.

That's a pretty good point+maybe the shrieking shack. But I only see this happening if the theme gets evergreened and is around for a couple of waves. Ofcourse all just speculation, nothing confirmed.

I have a tendency to 'other' the Shack from Hogsmeade itself.

I don't know what to expect. I was very very thrilled for the last revival and felt a little burned when it turned out to only be two waves, so I'm trying to fight back against assuming it's evergreen - but that's the assumption a lot of fans seem to be working under and it's easy to get swept up.

How's Umbridge's old piece look on the new minifig? I definitely need to bricklink Mrs. Norris yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up a Hogwarts.  Was going to wait until a good GWIP or double points, but my Lego store received one with a damaged box and they gave me an extra 1000 VIP points.  I know what I'm doing this weekend!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Just picked up a Hogwarts.  Was going to wait until a good GWIP or double points, but my Lego store received one with a damaged box and they gave me an extra 1000 VIP points.  I know what I'm doing this weekend!!!!!

1000! What? I’ve bought sets with damaged boxes how did you get 1000 Vip points? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

1000! What? I’ve bought sets with damaged boxes how did you get 1000 Vip points? 

Our store usually gives a 20% discount on sets with damaged boxes.  However in the case of certain sets (mostly newly released or larger, collectible sets) they give  anywhere from 500-1500 VIP points for the damage depending on the price of the set.  We have some great employees at the store who often post to the local LUG Facebook page what damaged sets they get in.  I've managed to get  the Disney Castle, and Joker Manor with similar bonus points.  An excellent deal if you aren't concerned about the boxes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

1000! What? I’ve bought sets with damaged boxes how did you get 1000 Vip points? 

I remember getting a discount, maybe 10% off a imperial flagship years ago in a Lego store and a couple of years a go I got 30% off a train set (with the track sticking out of the box) in a normal toy shop.. If you find a damaged box just ask if they can give you a discount, it is damaged goods after all :wink:

"LEGO Harry Potter Collection Coming to Nintendo Switch and Xbox One". Must say something about the popularity of HP when they re-release a 7-8 year old game to new platforms *oh2*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I visited both my Toys R Us stores on the second day of the Harry Potter promotion and they were already sold out! And now they're all over a over my countries version of craigslist for 40-60 bucks a piece.

F***ing scalpers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2018 at 2:35 PM, Roebuck said:

I talked to a toyshop owner the other day and he said he knows what sets he can order for the following winter around 10 of September.. So if we are getting any HP/FB sets this winter we should get some more info soon :wink:

Anything new? 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topiku said:

Anything new? 🧐

No, have not been back to talk to him yet.. On the other hand someone else somewhere in the world should know something and be willing to talk :wacko: Plenty of people know I guess, but very few are talking apparently :def_shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is mentioned already (get confused with all the books coming :tongue:):

I searched for "Lego HP" in a Norwegian bookshop now and got up a hit on a book coming next year; "Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Handbook with Hermione Minifigure" by Jenna Ballard.. Not to exiting, but better than another Harry fig right :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Not sure if this is mentioned already (get confused with all the books coming :tongue:):

I searched for "Lego HP" in a Norwegian bookshop now and got up a hit on a book coming next year; "Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Handbook with Hermione Minifigure" by Jenna Ballard.. Not to exiting, but better than another Harry fig right :grin:

Amazon UK lists the same book, due for release on 14th May 2019. We sometimes get unique prints with these books, fingers crossed for cat-Hermione from Chamber of Secrets (reusing the Catwoman ‘66 hair and ears). And let’s face it, if any HP character should be included with a book, it’s Hermione!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Felkin said:

let’s face it, if any HP character should be included with a book, it’s Hermione! 

Eh, Tom Riddle from Chamber Of Secrets could work well also :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could very well be Hermione in a Yule Ball variant perhaps. Unless they'd save that for a CMF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could anyone who has both of the 2018 Dumbledore minifigures take a picture of the CMF one with the hair piece of the Richard Harris one? I'd like to know what he looks like without the hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Is the series 2 CMF confirmed?

No.

We know for a fact there will be 3 series next year, but we dont know which ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

Could anyone who has both of the 2018 Dumbledore minifigures take a picture of the CMF one with the hair piece of the Richard Harris one? I'd like to know what he looks like without the hat.

there are a bunch of pictures of this; search for Dumbledore Lego reddit maybe you'll find them

I can't upload pictures here since I lost my imgur account. Anyway, I think it looks good, since the hat (like the beard) is too thick has a bigger distance to the printed beard/sideburns than the Richard Harris hairpiece.

However, with just the hair Dumbledore is even smaller, therefore I have mixed feelings. I still use the CMF Elves dress with changed arms - that makes him taller, as he should be :grin:

Anyway, if you don't find the pictures, maybe I can somehow send you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

there are a bunch of pictures of this; search for Dumbledore Lego reddit maybe you'll find them

I can't upload pictures here since I lost my imgur account. Anyway, I think it looks good, since the hat (like the beard) is too thick has a bigger distance to the printed beard/sideburns than the Richard Harris hairpiece.

However, with just the hair Dumbledore is even smaller, therefore I have mixed feelings. I still use the CMF Elves dress with changed arms - that makes him taller, as he should be :grin:

Anyway, if you don't find the pictures, maybe I can somehow send you.

The CMF elf was male with legs so what dress piece are you talking about? And in the movies he’s really no taller than anybody else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The CMF elf was male with legs so what dress piece are you talking about? And in the movies he’s really no taller than anybody else

He is talking about the S17 Elf Maiden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

He is talking about the S17 Elf Maiden

Gotcha, I was trying to remember and I looked through them on brickset but I must have missed that one, I forgot about her. That makes sense, I guess it would work for Dumbledore, but I definitely prefer his actual new skirt piece 

In other news, the minifigure leaks have finally begun for Star Wars, I’m hoping for some HP soon

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of what comes next year, having now completed my collection, I have to say, 2018 Lego Harry Potter was excellent. Hopefully the sets have sold well enough to show Lego that the line is worth continuing on in to future years.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Is the series 2 CMF confirmed?

 

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

No.

We know for a fact there will be 3 series next year, but we dont know which ones

I think it will be a good indicator once the fiscal year is over so that TLG can assess how the whole new Harry Potter theme is performing.

At this point, it's very premature to even conclude that Harry Potter is a massive success, and that it warrants another series.

I was surprised that I liked it so much simply because of the new animal moulds -- but beyond that, they are decent. Some would argue they are great -- so it would a missed opportunity for collectors and fans alike if TLG decline a follow-up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As @Balrogofmorgoth has mentioned above, the minifig leaking season has begun, so I wonder what leaks first: the set names, catalogue pictures or minifigs :moar:

Usually, it's the order listed above (exceptions include some of the latest SW movies) but it might be quite fun to have the minifigs leak first, leading to us speculating what the most fitting sets could be instead of the other way around :purrr: *smash cut to the names leaking first*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.