Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

A little of topic, but I've been wondering ever since I've seen the wand piece. Does it work as a walking cane? I have little interest in Harry potter, but if it works, then I'll need some wands.

It is a bit short...but if you bend the minifigs over somewhat, it looks good. 

Will be quite interesting if it is a GWP. As it would make the most sense for it to be with Wizarding World products, but most people willing to spend a lot on these probably already have. It would be a tad annoying for those of us that have bought everything (minus Graves and the Harry polybag myself). Thankfully I want a second Express and Quidditch Set, So should be fine

53 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

I’m positive you’ll be able to get the micro diagon alley even if you’ve already purchased the Hogwarts. 

Im just not sure on what the promo will be or how much it’ll be to purchase. 

This whole time I never realized the little peak of goblin desks behind Gringotts. Is it normal to not show the interior on the box? Maybe it’s on the sides of the box design? I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few microfigures included. It’s just odd that we havent seen that on the box

I highly doubt there are any microfigures, they would be shown on the box

On a different note, has anybody else found that quite a few of their HP minifigures have very tight clutch power between the torsos and heads? So many of my figures have heads that are just so tight once attached to the torso that they are impossible to move the head even slightly to align the face right and to get the head back off the torso requires a pair of pliers, which of course is not what I want to be doing with my minifigures. 

This to me suggests that either the torso top is fractionally too large or the inside of the head pieces are slightly too small. I would talk to Lego, but I have had so many it seems it is just a general drop in quality.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

On a different note, has anybody else found that quite a few of their HP minifigures have very tight clutch power between the torsos and heads? So many of my figures have heads that are just so tight once attached to the torso that they are impossible to move the head even slightly to align the face right and to get the head back off the torso requires a pair of pliers, which of course is not what I want to be doing with my minifigures. 

This to me suggests that either the torso top is fractionally too large or the inside of the head pieces are slightly too small. I would talk to Lego, but I have had so many it seems it is just a general drop in quality.

That is odd, I haven’t noticed anything like that on any of mine and I have all of them

I have finally opened my 71043 and built the boathouse and it is a lovely set and build already. The microfigs look WAY better in real life than on videos/photos. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes, I had several whose heads secured way too tightly on first insertion. I managed to unscrew them with my hand, though, and after reinserting them a few times they became looser. I also had a paint issue with my Hermione's face where it wiped clean off with just the touch of my thumb about 24 hours after building her. 

Do you know if you have to bring a child to Smyths tomorrow, @Whovastron ?

Edited by LegoSims20

7 hours ago, just_one said:
A request to anyone who has the Hogwards Castle

could you take a picture with a bunch of Harry Potter minifigs (from the sets or series) spread around the castle ?

Please :)

Do you want a pic of the minifigs in the system scale hogwarts or the micro scale hogwarts?

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

So many of my figures have heads that are just so tight once attached to the torso that they are impossible to move the head even slightly to align the face right and to get the head back off the torso requires a pair of pliers, which of course is not what I want to be doing with my minifigures.

Same here with three or four of the figures i have so far. Unsure what to try to move them without damaging them. I've had the same thing in the past with newer sets.

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes! My girlfriend had forgotten to give Marcus Flint his cape. And after trying for ages I actually used my teeth to get the head off. The hair covers most of the marks, but yet another reason I’ll be purchasing a second Quidditch Set.

in the end I swapped the head with the other Slytherin player and it fitted fine.

Diagon Alley looks terrible.  Only the printed tiles look to be of any interest to me.

Just my opinion, though, as are most of my posts, so feel free to ignore or dismiss.

As I am building the Thunderbird while watching Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Gringotts Escape), I am thinking if TLG is planning a full fledged Gringotts, I hope it comes with a brick built Ukrainian Ironbelly!

Edited by joeee

12 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

Can someone explain to me what a Lego certified store is and how it differs from a Lego store?

It's not TLG's store but a partner store and doesn't have VIP program and GWP promotions are different and rarer. Though they get Lego Store exclusives and also they get D2Cs on time.

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That is odd, I haven’t noticed anything like that on any of mine and I have all of them

:)

9 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

Yes, I had several whose heads secured way too tightly on first insertion. I managed to unscrew them with my hand, though, and after reinserting them a few times they became looser. I also had a paint issue with my Hermione's face where it wiped clean off with just the touch of my thumb about 24 hours after building her. 

Oh no! That is not good. Hope you got a replacement. I know Jang mentioned his Hermiones having slightly missalligned face prints between the front face and alternate, so have been checking for that but okay so far.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Same here with three or four of the figures i have so far. Unsure what to try to move them without damaging them. I've had the same thing in the past with newer sets.

Got one head off by using pliers. Don't think it damaged the head, but is did pull some of the white paint off the strip on the pole on top of the torso confirming that it was too tight.

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Yes! My girlfriend had forgotten to give Marcus Flint his cape. And after trying for ages I actually used my teeth to get the head off. The hair covers most of the marks, but yet another reason I’ll be purchasing a second Quidditch Set.

in the end I swapped the head with the other Slytherin player and it fitted fine.

Ditto :) I did the same with Flint and he had to be one of the tight ones! Never use my teeth though; can just picture death by choking on minifigure head! Hermione from the train is also stuck fast so she is looking wonky. Trolley Witch was another one. Lost track on the others.

Thanks everyone :)

48 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

It's not TLG's store but a partner store and doesn't have VIP program and GWP promotions are different and rarer. Though they get Lego Store exclusives and also they get D2Cs on time.

Some of them have a vip program, bit it is not the same as the regular vip, it is exlusive to the one country in which the store is, and has a system closed within that country. 

2 hours ago, joeee said:

As I am building the Thunderbird while watching Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Gringotts Escape), I am thinking if TLG is planning a full fledged Gringotts, I hope it comes with a brick built Ukrainian Ironbelly!

Why would it come with a Dragon that isn’t there? It’s a Common Welsh Green in the film, they aren’t basing the sets off the books (apart from minor details)

11 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Do you want a pic of the minifigs in the system scale hogwarts or the micro scale hogwarts?

The big one with 6020 prices 

Anyone in the UK going to Smyths today? It's probably the Journey to Hogwarts polybag they're giving away but it would be nice to have it confirmed! 

35 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Why would it come with a Dragon that isn’t there? It’s a Common Welsh Green in the film, they aren’t basing the sets off the books (apart from minor details)

No, it’s definitely a Ukrainian Ironbelly in the film. Nothing about that dragon is even remotely green, and every depiction of it (such as the noble collection beast series) lists it as an Ironbelly.

4 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

No, it’s definitely a Ukrainian Ironbelly in the film. Nothing about that dragon is even remotely green, and every depiction of it (such as the noble collection beast series) lists it as an Ironbelly.

It’s definitely not an iron belly mate, it’s a Common Welsh Green, Rowling has confirmed it herself, google is your friend “the Welsh Green has become pale because of no sunlight, as it is originally green.”

edit; never mind, I will admit where I am wrong, it is the video game that it is a CWG, not the film, my mistake

Edited by The Dangerous HC

15 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Anyone in the UK going to Smyths today? It's probably the Journey to Hogwarts polybag they're giving away but it would be nice to have it confirmed! 

Heading there now, will know soon enough

1 hour ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Harry Potter CMF series is sold out in US @Shop@H! *huh*

Is that normal *huh* I talked to a grocery shop employ (it is big so they also have Lego), and they had ordered WW minifigs in March, but Lego had told them they could not have any *oh2* They usually have 1-3 boxes of figs, could Lego really have miscalculated the sales that bad? 3 sets are on backorder in Norway and most Lego selling shops have very few sets if any in stock..

5 minutes ago, SuperChris said:

It’s the Harry polybag at Smyths toys today.

How were they giving them away? Did you have to ask for it?

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Is that normal *huh* I talked to a grocery shop employ (it is big so they also have Lego), and they had ordered WW minifigs in March, but Lego had told them they could not have any *oh2* They usually have 1-3 boxes of figs, could Lego really have miscalculated the sales that bad? 3 sets are on backorder in Norway and most Lego selling shops have very few sets if any in stock..

Maybe but it reminds me when the DFB CMF 71014 series was launched in Germany. These figs were gone in days but they were "sold out" at Shop@H for several times but came back for 3 times before the series finally sold out for good. What I have heard it`s getting more and more difficult for smaller toy stores to get supply from TLG.