Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Maybe it's just the blurriness of the picture, but to me, this model seems quite a bit larger than the previous iteration, even if the building are just facades :wink:

Three new sets rumoured to be part of the winter wave: Early December/Early January

Chamber of Secrets

Medium Sized Playset

Minifigures: Harry, Tom Riddle,  Ginny, Lockhart

Brickbuilt Basilisk with moulded head.

Room of Requirement

Medium Sized Playset

Minifigures: Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Seamus and Colin

Brickbuilt Death Eater Statues

Diagon Alley

Large (expensive) set (3/4 buildings)

Gringotts Bank, Weasley Wizard Wheezes, Ollivanders

Minifigures: Harry, Hermione, Hagrid, Ollivander, Ron, Fred, George, 2 Death Eaters, Molly and 2 Goblins.

Edited by HalfPintOfInnes

Someone just posted this leak list on Reddit. Can anyone confirm it's validity? We've seen a lot of wishlists passed off as leaks before.

Plus I remember there being an interview saying the Chamber of Secrets set had been cancelled. This was the reason for the Basilisk being included in the Great Hall. It seems odd they would then release another set with a Basilisk a few months later. 

Chamber of Secrets:

Medium Sized Playset

Minifigures: Harry, Tom Riddle, Ginny, Lockhart

Brickbuilt Basilisk with moulded head.

Room of Requirement

Medium Sized Playset

Minifigures: Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Seamus and Colin

Brickbuilt Death Eater Statues

Diagon Alley:

Large (expensive) set (3(?) buildings)

Gringotts Bank, Weasley Wizard Wheezes, Ollivanders

Minifigures: Harry, Hermione, Hagrid, Ollivander, Ron, Fred, George, 2 Death Eaters, Molly and 2 Goblins.

Edited by nikhkin

Seems rather suspicious that this list appears just after the Diagon Alley model has been spotted in the designer video... I'd love this to be true, but I'm not buying it right now :wink:

Edit: Colin only appeared in CoS and was replaced by Nigel in the following movies, so him being in a OotP set sounds very fishy:def_shrug:

Edited by Lego-Freak

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

''

Yes... its soo suspicious...:look:

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

''

They were talking about to include a Chamber of secrets under the Great Hall in this set, They were not talking about canceling a chamber of secrets set..

Anyway, the inclusion of The Room of requirement of the 5th movie is so strange ... I was thinking how everyone would focus more on the prisoner of Azkaban and the Gobblet of fire ... And about a second series of minifigures, I doubt it very much. In this have already included characters that we did not expect in this series as Cho, Cedric, Flitwick, Luna, all of them from the movie 4 up, so I do not think there is a series 2 unless that they do it due to the success that this having this ... I have traveled around 10 stores here in Spain to find all the sets, only those of Aragog were left and the others had already run out.

I bought 30 minifigures from the left side of the box and got the 16 hp plus Grindelwald, the rest I will return to the store since they are closed; I opened them according to the tact and I am not interested in the fantastic beast minifigures, but I have been left with an extra neville for having more mandrakes and several Dean Thomas to wear their uniform with a scarf for the trio in future MOC's and one of Hermione for use it as Ginny Weasley. I was lucky to get them all the first time!

Now I just need the set of the Great Hall that has not yet been found :moar:, and in Toy's R Us here in Spain there is still nothing at all of LEGO Harry Potter .. only Brickheads .. :cry_sad:

Edited by ETELENZOS92

Sounds fishy alright,Lego already included the Basilisk in the Great Hall set.Releasing another set with it this soon doesn't make any sense.

17 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Sounds fishy alright,Lego already included the Basilisk in the Great Hall set.Releasing another set with it this soon doesn't make any sense.

The one included in that set was so badly received it's enough for them to rethink their decision.

2 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

These sets would be too good to be true.

Too good would be that it include some new molded Cornish pixies with Lockhart!! :grin_wub: 

latest?cb=20100914220255

Edited by ETELENZOS92

Wow this is exciting but not sure what to think!

I do hope that they focus on movies 1 and 2 some more because (to me, anyway) that's where the magic lies. 4 is a horrible movie so here's to hoping they skip over sets from that. 

My only concern with COS is that Myrtle isn't included... Hopefully they'll do a polyjuice bathroom set! Diagon Alley looks a bit small and cramped to me. I hope the interiors are good. 

On 8/18/2018 at 11:32 AM, Whovastron said:

I usually never have a problem with stickers, even like them; but they are overdone here. There’s so many that just aren’t needed. There’s about 8 random 1x2 brick stickers that are mostly put in places you can’t even see them. And things like Moaning Myrtle just look odd.

You've mentioned this twice and I'm not sure what you mean... The Myrtle sticker makes my heart happy and is one of the reasons the set is so charming to me (the little scenes depicted) so - to each their own!

8 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Too good would be that it include some new molded Cornish pixies with Lockhart!! :grin_wub: 

latest?cb=20100914220255

Hopefully this will come in a DADA class or a CMF series. 

Ok so the thing with the basilisk was that it was included in the great hall to give the set a villain other than Voldemort. So them making a actual basilisk set to do it justice makes perfect sense

Room of requirements sounds pretty unlikely at this point, so not convinced by that list.

A Chamber of Secrets set could still happen I think. The next wave may not be just from books 3-4, it could include something from 1-2 as well. Hopefully we will get Gilderoy in some set or in a second CMF series, Ginny is sure to appear at some point. 

A new Diagon Alley D2C would be great, time will show if it is real.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if these rumours are true, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're not true. If you have me the list of sets that we have already gotten a year ago, I would've said those are too good to be true as well!

Like others have noted, the absence of Lockhart and Ginny (and Lucius Malfoy for that matter) from the lineup or CMF is quite conspicuous. Lucius could fit into the rumours as one of the death eaters in Diagon Alley, and then we'd have those three covered. Then again, things don't always make sense or line up neatly when it comes to LEGO's decisions.

4 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

A Chamber of Secrets set could still happen I think. The next wave may not be just from books 3-4, it could include something from 1-2 as well. Hopefully we will get Gilderoy in some set or in a second CMF series, Ginny is sure to appear at some point. 

I’d still like to think we’ll get a chamber due to the suspicious lack of Ginny and Lockhart figures.

Also, if the original rumoured Flying Lesson set is true it makes me think we might not be done with years 1 and 2, as this seems like it could be based on the lesson in book 1 with Neville falling off his broom. Maybe a small set with Harry, Neville and Hooch, maybe also Malfoy with the rememberall.

1 hour ago, HalfPintOfInnes said:

The one included in that set was so badly received it's enough for them to rethink their decision.

I agree,that was a poor excuse for the Basilisk and I wouldn't mind a more proper one.

37 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

I’d still like to think we’ll get a chamber due to the suspicious lack of Ginny and Lockhart figures.

Yes, but I wound be surprised if we get it the coming winter already. In a future wave on the other hand I find it likely :classic:

I think as stated earlier that next wave is from 3 and 4, so Room of Requirement is unlikely so soon..

1 hour ago, HalfPintOfInnes said:

Lego usually takes longer that 6 months to develop and produce a set. In this case it is just a small build in a very well received set. They probably noted that adults do not like it, but the chance that they make it a 1 priority to make amends as soon as possible I find hard to believe :tongue: If we get a COS set next year, that was the plan all along not because off a brick built basilisk :wink:

Edited by Roebuck

Diagon alley with the Weasley shop is too early if they’re focusing on 1-2 and parts of 3 too. It does fit with the video and the oli fig though.

Even still, I’m assuming these rumors (and the SW stuff) are bunk for the moment.

It'd be pretty cool if there were rollercoaster pieces inside Gringotts for the carts, but that seems more like a MOC idea. I'm completely fine with a set being only the facades of buildings, because these still have such a modular building look. :wub:

21 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Diagon alley with the Weasley shop is too early if they’re focusing on 1-2 and parts of 3 too. It does fit with the video and the oli fig though.

I think they'd include it just to inject some more colour and fun into the scene. All of the other buildings would likely be duller colours, so I could see a designer putting Weasley's Wizard Wheezes in just to add a bit more life to the scene. Plus Fred and George are popular characters who would add draw to the set.

The build you can see in the video might not be the finished product completely (like the prototype Great Hall that was debuted originally) but I'd say this is practically confirmation that Diagon Alley will be a set.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if these rumours are true, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're not true. If you have me the list of sets that we have already gotten a year ago, I would've said those are too good to be true as well!

Like others have noted, the absence of Lockhart and Ginny (and Lucius Malfoy for that matter) from the lineup or CMF is quite conspicuous. Lucius could fit into the rumours as one of the death eaters in Diagon Alley, and then we'd have those three covered. Then again, things don't always make sense or line up neatly when it comes to LEGO's decisions.

I agree 100%. I’ve learned not to expect Lego to make the same decisions we would. As much as making sets in order of the movies would make sense, it’s not really something Lego has ever done unless the sets are being released alongside the movies, which obviously isn’t happening in this case. It’s very lego of them to just do whatever sets they feel like at the time. I’m sure Gibmet Of Fire and Prisoner of Azkaban sets will happen down the road, probably in the fall. Winter waves are never as neat and clean as summer or fall waves. This theme is popular enough that it will probably have a winter and fall wave

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I mean with the diagon alley set- it really includes 3 movies in 1 set, obviously Weasley wizard wheezers being there isn’t accurate to the first 2 films, but, you’ve got harry, hagrid, ollivander and 2 goblins- so you can use diagon alley for the first film, then molly and Hermione and Ron are there, within the same wave is Ginny and Lockhart, so diagon alley can be used for the 2nd film and then of course, Fred, George, 2 deatheaters and ollivander so that can be used for the 6th film, wise choice of characters, only wish Lucius Malfoy was included in the set...

27 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

I mean with the diagon alley set- it really includes 3 movies in 1 set, obviously Weasley wizard wheezers being there isn’t accurate to the first 2 films, but, you’ve got harry, hagrid, ollivander and 2 goblins- so you can use diagon alley for the first film, then molly and Hermione and Ron are there, within the same wave is Ginny and Lockhart, so diagon alley can be used for the 2nd film and then of course, Fred, George, 2 deatheaters and ollivander so that can be used for the 6th film, wise choice of characters, only wish Lucius Malfoy was included in the set...

I’m hopin he is one of the two death eaters. You know how with these leaks people aren’t always entirely accurate with the minifig identities

I really hope the Luna from the Room of Requirement is in her Ravenclaw robes and not the sweater. I wanna get some Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin robes. Tom Riddle I believe was in his school robes in the movie, so we’ll probably get the Slytherin robes

After giving it some thought, there's one thing that lends this list some credibility, and that its lack of "wishlistyness". Most people who find some inexplicable pleasure in spreading fake lists usually go overboard and fill their lists with stuff the community would want the most. This isn't really the case here, all three sets do sound nice, but they're not exactly what most people would expect in a second wave (no Hagrids Hut, no PoA or GoF stuff etc). Of course, the leaker may have had the same train of thought when concocting the list :tongue:

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

After giving it some thought, there's one thing that lends this list some credibility, and that its lack of "wishlistyness". Most people who find some inexplicable pleasure in spreading fake lists usually go overboard and fill their lists with stuff the community would want the most. This isn't really the case here, all three sets do sound nice, but they're not exactly what most people would expect in a second wave (no Hagrids Hut, no PoA or GoF stuff etc). Of course, the leaker may have had the same train of thought when concocting the list :tongue:

I agree.

Personally, this list sounds entirely reasonable. I hope the Chamber of Secrets would follow the new system of Hogwarts sets being able to attach together, though it being underground doesn't get my hopes too high for that . . maybe we'll see something similar to that one Minecraft Dungeon set. 

I hope the Room of Requirement has everyone in school robes and with the new half-long legs. Especially Luna. Though it bothers me a bit that there'd be five students there but only one non-Gryffindor. 

The Diagon Alley one would obviously be the big one here, but it could be designed to serve the functions from multiple movies. Heck, maybe it actually will be structured as a pseudo-Modular like the Ninjago City sets to go with the Creator Expert lineup. I'd like that. It would make integrsting it to a city a lot easier. 

Though the only problem there is that Modular tend to go for verticality, while Diagon Alley is very horizontal and the only building that would be taller than two stories would be Gringotts . . hey, wait, actually. What if Diagonal Alley was a 32x48, or even 32x64, with Gringotts physically connected to the other buildings, and, as some have speculated, there'd be rollercoaster parts involved that take minifigure into the top floors of the other buildings, which are built to accomodate Gringotts vaults?

EDIT: Or, maybe, Gringotts might not need to 'look connected'; they could have a suspended tunnel or something made of clear bricks to make it look 'invisible'. 

. . . Now I really want to see something like this, and might just MOC it . . .

Edited by Feng-huang0296