Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I hope Dumbledore's quote will be 

HARRY DID YA PUT YA NAME INTO DA GOBLET OF FIYAH???!!!!

:laugh:

Someone mentioned quidditch expansion packs, I love this idea. I'd love to have small "battlepacks" with students of various houses a'la Chima. Normal gray uniform, quidditch gear and robes with scarf. A small bit of terrain and accesories. Oh, and I absolutely want a full Herbology set with the mandragoras.

I saw on Brickset that the staff was informed that the Hogwarts Express could be motorized, but does anyone know how? I don’t see any information in the instruction manual and while I’ve only built the locomotive, it doesn’t look like there’s room in the rest of the train to motorize it.

22 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw on Brickset that the staff was informed that the Hogwarts Express could be motorized, but does anyone know how? I don’t see any information in the instruction manual and while I’ve only built the locomotive, it doesn’t look like there’s room in the rest of the train to motorize it.

Someone on Reddit did it; I think they said they put the motor in the locomotive's tender (which they had to enlarge to accommodate it).

Search Reddit for "2018 Hogwarts Express Running", here's a link:

Edited by Felkin
Added link to Reddit

Anyone know if there’s a chance that the CMF series could come out a little early? In a couple weeks maybe? It would be nice to see them out ASAP. It’ll take a while feeling that many bags to find them all, especially if (as rumored) there’s one that’s a lot harder to find than the others

1 hour ago, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

1.well that is kinda dissapointing hoping we would get some kind of big diagon alley set

2.well im glad its some kind of microscale and not a big hogwarts castle that is required to connect to the rest of hogwarts 

3. i hope the d2c characters are not will only be in that set

Rumour has it the minifigures in the D2C will be the founding Wizards of the four houses. Godric Griffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Salazar Slytherin and Helga Hufflepuff. I think if this is true they'll be exclusive to that set.

1 hour ago, FortNerd said:

Someone mentioned quidditch expansion packs, I love this idea. I'd love to have small "battlepacks" with students of various houses a'la Chima. Normal gray uniform, quidditch gear and robes with scarf. A small bit of terrain and accesories. Oh, and I absolutely want a full Herbology set with the mandragoras.

Been dreaming of that for years, but idk if Lego will ever answer our prayers :sadnew: 

I hope we get another Quidditch set soon so that we can have Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw players. Their house signs are included in the Quidditch Match set so I hope we at least get one player from each house in a second CMF series (if it happens). 

6 hours ago, scatmanjack said:

Quidditch Expansion Pack - 2 members each of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff and additional set of goals? 

I'd buy it...

Wait what? That's awesome. Which students are in there?

2 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Wait what? That's awesome. Which students are in there?

It's a wishlist not a confirmed product.

Let’s keep wishlists out of this thread please. It only makes this lively thread more confusing, and we have a dedicated thread for wishlists.

For anyone in the UK, Argos has the FB/HP sets on the app (not sure about website as they aren’t actually on our system) that show we (I will say “we” because I work there so I am the company for now ?) will be getting all the sets including the exclusive Hogwarts Express, it also shows all the prices ?

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Rumour has it the minifigures in the D2C will be the founding Wizards of the four houses. Godric Griffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Salazar Slytherin and Helga Hufflepuff. I think if this is true they'll be exclusive to that set.

sounds cool i guess id just buy the figures on ebay

3 minutes ago, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

sounds cool i guess id just buy the figures on ebay

Same, no intrest in microscale builds, way too expensive if you also want the regular sets. Still kinda curious to the design.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone know if there’s a chance that the CMF series could come out a little early? In a couple weeks maybe? It would be nice to see them out ASAP. It’ll take a while feeling that many bags to find them all, especially if (as rumored) there’s one that’s a lot harder to find than the others

Now thats ... asking the real question.

I do hope CMF too will be released earlier so that the early rush would ease.

I seriously doubt they will do another quidditch set including HuffLepuff and ravenclaw as they aren’t that iconic compared to other Harry Potter sets we could get also Lego are basing the sets off the films and we never got a good insight into the hufflepuff and ravenclaw teams so we couldn’t expect a good mini figure selection. This is why I think if it was made I don’t think they would sell very well

For those interested, Target has the Hogwarts Express in stock online. Hurry, it says there are only 3 left.

I want them to announce the D2C soon because I need to start coming up with a plan. My closest Lego store is about 3 hours away in Phoenix so I have to make the trip count. I’ll probably pick up Quantum Realm Explorers too if they have it, seeing as I still haven’t seen it at any retailer. I got all the new HP sets already at Target except Hogwarts Express which I ended up ordering online from Lego. Now my sights are set on CMFs and the D2C. Once they’re released, I hope Walmart and Target get plenty of the CMFs right away so I can start hunting, I’m going after all 22, and 2 each of Graves and Moody, seeing as both are two in one. I think the two FB sets will be easier to get our hands on as they likely won’t be in as high demand as these HP sets

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I want them to announce the D2C soon because I need to start coming up with a plan. My closest Lego store is about 3 hours away in Phoenix so I have to make the trip count. I’ll probably pick up Quantum Realm Explorers too if they have it, seeing as I still haven’t seen it at any retailer. I got all the new HP sets already at Target except Hogwarts Express which I ended up ordering online from Lego. Now my sights are set on CMFs and the D2C. Once they’re released, I hope Walmart and Target get plenty of the CMFs right away so I can start hunting, I’m going after all 22, and 2 each of Graves and Moody, seeing as both are two in one. I think the two FB sets will be easier to get our hands on as they likely won’t be in as high demand as these HP sets

It’s very likely the 15th August early access set

21 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Can anyone with the Great Hall set tell me if the box is the same size as the Flying Fox from Justice League/Batcave from TLBM?

according to amazon, the height and length are the same, but the depth of the box is about an inch less

Just now, RyanMe said:

according to amazon, the height and length are the same, but the depth of the box is about an inch less

Nice one, thanks, that’s pretty cool ?

I just noticed the hole underneath the Whomping Willow, and it got me thinking. Maybe the LEGO designers are planning a Shrieking Shack with a tunnel to the outside where you can easily connect the Whomping Willow. Would be cool.