Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

New Vs. Old Harry Potter Minifigs

(Flesh colored ONLY)

-Old-

24 Sets - 20 Figs

Arthur Weasley

Bellatrix Lestrange

Death Eater

Ernie Prang

Fenrir Greyback

Fred/George

Ginny Weasley

Goblin

Goyle

Karkaroff

Lucius Malfoy

Mermaid

Molly Weasley

Narcissa Malfoy

Peeves

Peter Pettigrew (Wormtail)

Sirius Black

Sprout

Stan Shunpike

Viktor Krum 

 

-Old & New- 

25 Figs

Argus Filch

Boggart Snape

Cedric Diggory

Dementor

Dobby

Dolores Umbridge

Draco Malfoy

Dumbledore

Flitwick

Hagrid

Harry Potter

Hermione Granger

Luna Lovegood

Lupin

Madame Hooch

Mad-Eye Moody

Marcus Flint

McGonagall

Neville Longbottom

Oliver Wood

Ollivander (new set unknown)

Snape 

Trelawney

Ron Weasley

Voldemort

 

-New-

4 Sets, 1 CMF, 1 4-Pack - 9 Figs

Cho Chang

Dean Thomas

Horace Slughorn

Lucian Bole

Nearly Headless Nick

Quirrell

Seamus Finnigan

Susan Bones

Trolley Witch

(let me know if I’m missing anyone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Is it just me or does Dobby look to have a new style of dual molded short legs. 

Looks printed to me.  It doesn't seem to go to the edge.

Well I like all of these minifigures.  Nothing bad, really (except that I prefer yellow minifigures).  I love the new parts.

Great source of owls, niffler, teacup, snitch, snake, mandrake...

Love the introduction of medium legs.  Hoping we will see these in use someday for dwarves in a Castle theme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great series.  Love all the figs.  Cant wait to see them in hand.  The new legs are gonna be so useful.  So many great new molds.  Its gonna be a fun second half of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there will be a new serie of harry potter minifigures after this cause it misses snape, lucius malfoy, dementor,  umbridge, mcgonagal etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ultron said:

Ron and Hermione are most certainly based on Prisoner of Azkaban. That's spot on Ron from the third movie. 

Yes, now that I’ve seen them closer up they definitely are PoA, my mistake 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, x105Black said:

Nothing bad, really (except that I prefer yellow minifigures)

Mwahahahaha, bring on the fleshy parts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

But Ron comes with Scabbers. So he has to be from Prisoner of Askaban.

True, I didn’t even think of accessories, I was just thinking of hair styles, Harry is surely Goblet because that’s the only film with long hair for him

7 minutes ago, Larrycot said:

I think there will be a new serie of harry potter minifigures after this cause it misses snape, lucius malfoy, dementor,  umbridge, mcgonagal etc

All but one of those mentioned are in other sets and don’t really have interesting alternate looks, I don’t disagree that we’ll get another series, but we’ll get other characters before getting any of them (except maybe Lucius)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way they're releasing these, we will soon have enough parts to mix and match and make whichever version of whichever character you want. As long as they're students. Doesn't seem to much matter which film, scene, etc each fig is "from". 

(I totally understand having that conversation, just pointing out the bright side.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rob-ot5000 said:

The way they're releasing these, we will soon have enough parts to mix and match and make whichever version of whichever character you want. As long as they're students. Doesn't seem to much matter which film, scene, etc each fig is "from". 

(I totally understand having that conversation, just pointing out the bright side.)

Agreed, generic heads tend to work for most and finding a suitable hairpiece shouldn’t be too hard, now that we have all 4 houses represented it’ll be easy to make so many customs, all we need now are the robed versions of the ones not included in the CMF then we really can make our own students

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MOMAtteo79 said:

why no hagrid in the cmf?

Because the exact same figure is already in the Great Hall set. Hagrid only really has one look. It's also a kind of maxi-figure and would stand out massively in the range of CMF bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

why no hagrid in the cmf?

Too big, I'd wager. 

(BTW, I LOVE your Springfield Architecture set!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, x105Black said:

Looks printed to me.  It doesn't seem to go to the edge.
 

 

Difficult to tell, but it does seem to go up onto the waist area at the front.

 

I'd prefer they were printed, as it would mean complete short fleshie legs that could be wiped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be interesting to see what they're gonna do with the new 'teenage legs' outside of this theme :sweet: Will they use them for teenage characters exclusively (which means they'd be used rarely, particularly in licensed themes) or could they also be used for shorter character that are still too tall for the mini legs? I can't wait to find out :moar:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a tiny bit off topic, But was there any sets found in Smyths yet?? (Im thinking of going there but I don't want to waste my time)  If there was sets found in Smyths could you tell me please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Duffyoran said:

This is a tiny bit off topic, But was there any sets found in Smyths yet?? (Im thinking of going there but I don't want to waste my time)  If there was sets found in Smyths could you tell me please

IIRC BrickHeadz were spotted in Smyths but not sets, I might be wrong, but I think only 1 set (Quidditch set) was spotted in a WHSmiths and Smyths had BHz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

IIRC BrickHeadz were spotted in Smyths but not sets, I might be wrong, but I think only 1 set (Quidditch set) was spotted in a WHSmiths and Smyths had BHz

Ive found some Brickheadz there & I need to get the rest of them so Ill probably go today! I just think its a little bit too early to go out hunting

Edited by Duffyoran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Duffyoran said:

Ive found some Brickheadz there & I need to get the test of them so ill probably go today!

Yeah, I haven’t looked tbh, nearest Smyths to me isn’t worth the drive if it hasn’t got any in, I’ll just wait for August when they release the normal sets and see what money I have left over to see if I can get any BHz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few nitpicks from me:

  • Cho Chang, skin color is way off
  • Draco Malfoy, he shouldn't have the snitch (well, maybe he did succeed in one of the off-screen matches, but neither books nor movies mention it). I think they should have gone with normal Slytherin outfit and maybe an arm cast from when he was 'injured' by Buckbeak? Or his suit from HBP.
  • Luna Lovegood, that skirt is unnecessary, I don't even remember her wearing something like this in the movies
  • that mandrake is weird, looks like it has a frown printed on top of a smile.

The rest is pretty much perfect. I'll try to get all of them, obviously. Good thing my nearest LEGO shop has an employee that's really good at feeling bags, he was of massive help when I wanted few Batman CMFs I didn't have yet. Hopefully he'll be there when I'll have time to visit :classic:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popped into Liverpool Smyths yesterday and they only had the Brickheadz Two pack with Dumbledore and Ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Popped into Liverpool Smyths yesterday and they only had the Brickheadz Two pack with Dumbledore and Ron

Thats the brickheadz that I found

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BenderBrau said:

Few nitpicks from me:

  • Cho Chang, skin color is way off
  • Draco Malfoy, he shouldn't have the snitch (well, maybe he did succeed in one of the off-screen matches, but neither books nor movies mention it). I think they should have gone with normal Slytherin outfit and maybe an arm cast from when he was 'injured' by Buckbeak? Or his suit from HBP.
  • Luna Lovegood, that skirt is unnecessary, I don't even remember her wearing something like this in the movies
  • that mandrake is weird, looks like it has a frown printed on top of a smile.

The rest is pretty much perfect. I'll try to get all of them, obviously. Good thing my nearest LEGO shop has an employee that's really good at feeling bags, he was of massive help when I wanted few Batman CMFs I didn't have yet. Hopefully he'll be there when I'll have time to visit :classic:

Luna wore that skirt in the exact scene that figure is taken from:

Luna

Draco is there to compliment the Quidditch set hence him having short legs. The Snitch is just a generic Quidditch accessory seeing as they have the mould now.

I think Cho's skin colour is always open to interpretation due to Lego's colour palette. I think they've just gone with a recent Asian characters tone from Jurassic World for that. Is it not Flesh coloured as per Dr Wu? Maybe its the dark hair and the dark bley jumper making it seem darker in tone?

As with the Mandrake it's entirely your preference though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Luna wore that skirt in the exact scene that figure is taken from:

Wow, just wow! And I thought I know these movies well, especially Luna, since she's one of the best things in HBP. I take back my criticism then

 

39 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I think Cho's skin colour is always open to interpretation due to Lego's colour palette. I think they've just gone with a recent Asian characters tone from Jurassic World for that. Is it not Flesh coloured as per Dr Wu? Maybe its the dark hair and the dark bley jumper making it seem darker in tone?

Perhaps that's the case, we'll just have to wait and see it in person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.