Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Pretty much the only HP sets I've owned are the old Durmstrang ship and the tiny one for a cheap Hagrid. I do like the sound of this announcement, especially if it means I have a shot at getting Moody, one of my favorite characters.

I love the idea of Harry Potter coming back to Lego. Hopefully it stays around for longer than scoody doo. I wouldn't mind a fantastic beast set or two but I hope the line focuses on Harry Potter instead but I'm worried it is going to be mainly fantastic beasts 

18 minutes ago, Legomaster34 said:

Hopefully we'll get Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos this time around. My sigfig has been in the wrong house for too long! :tongue:

This was my first thought too. It's like Lego was actively avoiding them!

4 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

Yeeaaah, if we could all take this with a grain of salt, that would be great.

To be fair, @rob-ot5000 hinted at it and when people asked, he avoided the question so I think amazing bricks saw this and just went ahead and said yes because he read into what @rob-ot5000 said so I think @rob-ot5000 deserves the credit.

And @Itaria No Shintaku

Wow I can't believe this is actually coming back.:wub:  Personally I was surprised they ever stopped making HP sets for the simple fact been there are 8 movies and so many iconic builds they could do that haven already been made.  Imagine some of the sets they can redo.:cry_happy:

Wow, this is great news, my fiancee is going to freak out about this :D 

Just now, J3D1-T said:

Also, according to CM4sci, Amazingbricks isn't entirely reliable so don't get your hopes up on a minifigure series just yet.

I thought we established awhile ago that Amazingbrick's source was lying to him... :look:

I hope there will be a LEGO Harry Potter Complete Saga video game with Years 1-7 in one game instead of two separate games. Maybe with voice acting and archive audio in it?

That's cool, I've collected a lot of the original hogwarts castle sets from 2001-2003, and I have all but one of the most recent line from 2010-2011, that being Diagon Alley. It's a good little theme, and I'm curious to see what they could do with it in an even more modern era.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:07 PM, Robert8 said:

Also, according to @Amazing Bricks, there will a Harry Potter Collectible Minifigure Series, to be released on Sep 2018

False! The 2018 list is Batman Series 2 for January, Series 18 for May, and then Disney Series 2 for September. Then, for 2019, The LEGO Movie Sequel Series for January, Billion Brick Race for May, and then Series 19 for September.

4 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

Also, according to CM4sci, Amazingbricks isn't entirely reliable so don't get your hopes up on a minifigure series just yet.

Although this is true, if you look at the thread it's pretty evident from rob's comments and the other insider info that we had that the series was based on a Dimensions IP, and they discarded most of them except for HP/FB. We can be pretty sure it's that, although they never did confirm it.

11 minutes ago, kungfulegolover said:

False! The 2018 list is Batman Series 2 for January, Series 18 for May, and then Disney Series 2 for September. Then, for 2019, The LEGO Movie Sequel Series for January, Billion Brick Race for May, and then Series 19 for September.

Where did you get the Disney series 2 from?

9 minutes ago, kungfulegolover said:

What?

Disney Series 2?

As far as we know, there is no Disney series on the horizon

I have always loved the Harry Potter theme, the 2 video games are my favorite old school lego games. The 2010-2011 wave was incredible, I wish I got more sets from it but at the time I was still in my younger lego stage and only got the set with Dobby and Hagrids Hut. I hope they cover the 5th movie more, as I think that has the most needed sets miasing from it.

51 minutes ago, kungfulegolover said:

As far as I have heard there has been no confirmation on Disney Series 2. Where are you getting this from?

On 8/22/2017 at 8:45 PM, BrickJagger said:

I thought we established awhile ago that Amazingbrick's source was lying to .

Edited by J3D1-T

On 8/22/2017 at 1:40 PM, J3D1-T said:

Also, according to CM4sci, Amazingbricks isn't entirely reliable...

That's, uh, quite the understatement. I would be significantly interested in any sort of Collectible Minifigures Series, but I'd understand if TLG prefers to focus on non-licensed figures for the time being, during a period of rapid expansion for them.

So, this is fantastic news to me. As far as individual sets go, a Weasley's House or a Malfoy Manor would both be fantastic, but I'm psyched for this either way. Outside of Star Wars, this may be one of the few System themes that I'll actually consistently collect, as the depth and variability of Harry Potter's world was a major presence in my childhood. I'm sure that my little sister will love this news as well. Thanks, Sir von Lego!  

Edited by Azani

14 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

Yeeaaah, if we could all take this with a grain of salt, that would be great.

:iamded_lol: It's going to be funny to prove you wrong.

19 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

:iamded_lol: It's going to be funny to prove you wrong.

I have faith in this leak. Out of all the themes it could have been it just happened to be HP. It isn't a coincidence  that now Harry Potter sets are rumoured aswell.

Edited by thereallegoboy
Spelling

4 hours ago, kungfulegolover said:

Awhile ago, @Itaria No Shintaku told us that a second Disney CMS was not happening for that time slot; and as far as 2019 goes, I'm pretty sure nothing is yet set in stone, let alone confirmed or rumored yet.  

I think despite HP being popular it's sets wouldn't sell THAT well without supporting movies. Kind of like Lord of the Rings. 

I'd consider getting the minifigure series if it had some old characters. I'm not too into Fantastic Beasts.