Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I am really exited for the new wave coming out, though I am annoyed that they forgot some "features" like Fang & Ms Norris, I do hope they will be released later down the line.

Edited by Duffyoran
Moderater stuff

59 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

To be fair the theme is about magic.

What are you talking about *huh*

The Snape bogart has a vulture on the head, the closest thing Lego have is the crow part, in addition the set has 25 parts, but I only see 24 so I assumed the last part was the crow...
06b23c75dfcf1ede178923e10f24283d.jpg

1 hour ago, Duffyoran said:

I am really exited for the new wave coming out, though I am annoyed that they forgot some "features" like Fang & Ms Norris, I do hope they will be released later down the line. Anyway does anyone here know anything definite for the Cmf line, like does anyone have any access to TLG or leaks or anything? If you do could you please share on this thread:thumbup:

Everything that is allowed to be shared currently has been shared on the thread so just be patient things will be revealed soon 

I've always loved how part of the banner decorations were stripped from the Quidditch Field in POA. It definitely created a much spookier pitch.

I wondered if this piece from the Hogwarts Express set:

5b13286b13740_ScreenShot2018-06-02at4_28_58PM.png.5e66a5c151249a2e66e4e2a3437d8854.png

added to the new Quidditch set could be used to achieve a condensed version of this:

latest?cb=20140128130834

:classic:

Do you think we could still get that third Fantastic Beasts set with Dumbledore because Lego made the Hogwarts express set and kept it under wraps so does this mean the possibility of this set isn’t completely out the window?

Just now, LegoLord54 said:

Do you think we could still get that third Fantastic Beasts set with Dumbledore because Lego made the Hogwarts express set and kept it under wraps so does this mean the possibility of this set isn’t completely out the window?

Doubtful, they managed to keep what the set was under wraps but they didn’t manage to keep that another set was coming out under wraps, it was rumoured to be the Knight Bus, so there was always going to be another set but no one knew what it was until it was announced, however there are only 2 FB sets that we know are coming out, so unless they are somehow keeping this number hidden then I highly doubt it

5 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

Well it is possible, but most likely not. The Dumbledore fig was probably another fake rumour, have been quite a few of those this time around :wacko: The only straw we can grasp is something I pointed out a few pages back:

On 19.5.2018 at 6:51 PM, Sir von Lego said:

Perhaps it will be unveiled together with our missing FB sets?

On 19.5.2018 at 9:58 PM, Roebuck said:

What do you mean with "missing FB sets", I thought it was only one set left (the suitcase), since both 75955-56 turned out to be HP sets?! *huh*

I found it strange that he said "sets", he have definitely seen some of the sets so he could know if there is more than one missing, but could only be a typo :sceptic: As I said grasping at straws :tongue:

15 hours ago, Duffyoran said:

I am really exited for the new wave coming out, though I am annoyed that they forgot some "features" like Fang & Ms Norris, I do hope they will be released later down the line. Anyway does anyone here know anything definite for the Cmf line, like does anyone have any access to TLG or leaks or anything? If you do could you please share on this thread:thumbup:

I'd be shocked if we didn't get any new animals in the CMF.

21 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yes definitely! Normally the licensed CMFs have fewer animals than the regular ones, but HP have a history of bringing new animals to Lego like the owls, dog, rats in addition to several fantastic beast moulds .. So It is quite possible we get more animals than a normal CMFs in this series :wub:

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I will be too, I really hope that they release Crookshanks with Hermione and we get some form of Ms Norris & Fang down the line. I really hope they base the CMF line on later years eg 3-7 or 5-7 & I'm really hoping that they foucus more on students & teacher's rather than "Voldemorts Army"

2 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

I actually love it, I was expecting to hate it, but it’s better than some of the HP sets (I figured there wouldn’t be a YAD figure with it, it made no sense) the brickbuilt beasts look fantastic and the more I see the minifigs the more I think they look ace

Just bringing the pics here  :classic:

Newt-suitcase.jpg

That winged snake (?) looks amazing

Queenie and Tina names are wrong, right?

Edited by Robert8

46 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Just bringing the pics here  :classic:

[SNIP]

That winged snake (?) looks amazing

The winged snake is an Occamy, rather big thing in the film

Edited by Clone OPatra
PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE BIG PICTURES

Oh my god, the Suitcase set looks incredible. I particularly like the Occamy and how it's scaled - you can either consider it to be 'massive'; relative to a minifigure, or 'tiny'; relative to an actual person. The Thunderbird looks epic, too; so happy that they used pearl gold and not tan. Especially with those brilliant dual-molded wings. And it actually folds up into a suitcase! I mean, I don't think the Beasts will fit inside the suitcase, but it's still totally awesome. Kind of reminds me of the TARDIS, actually. 

Oh my god, I just thought of something. What if Newt's creatures actually live in a Time And Relative Dimension In Suitcase? XD

I seriously was not expecting that from the suitcase.

I was secretly hoping not to like it but looks like I'll be going after the fantastic beast as well as harry potter now. 

My poor wallet...

But wow that Thunderbird looks beautiful!

Amazing set, I love the brickbuild creatures, the Occamy is by far the best. The reuse of his head for the Thunderbird looks a little bit off, but nothing too bad. The Erumpent looks like a small version of the Black Panter Rhino, which works, only the legs are a little bit skinny. I love how you're able to turn the suitcase into the interior. The figures are amazing, only thing I would have changed were Tina's hair into the dimensions hair/hat combo and a more neutral expression for Queenie instead of the scared face. The name mistake is kinda odd and the set seems rather pricy, but that shouldn't be too problematic. Overall a great set, I would say 8/10

If all the beasts and hut fit inside the case when closed then that would be the cherry on the cake. Well done to the designer of the set as they have elevated something as trivial as a suitcase to the next level.

Lego never use direct conversion rates because of pricing parity and tax but if they did this would cost £52.89 or $70.80 so there's a rough estimate.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Wow it’s amazing probably my favourite new wizarding world set.

I heard that it would be $30 I am not sure if that is true now we have seen the set but then again it doesn’t seem impossible. Also do you think we will be able to fit the brick built animals/ beasts in the suitcase it’s self or not?

Along with the Great Hall, the Suitcase set looks like the best sets of the wave! A must-have. How much is it, by the way? It'd be perfect if it was $30 but I have a feeling that it's going to be $40 or $50...

38 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

If all the beasts and hut fit inside the case when closed then that would be the cherry on the cake. Well done to the designer of the set as they have elevated something as trivial as a suitcase to the next level.

11 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Wow it’s amazing probably my favourite new wizarding world set.

I heard that it would be $30 I am not sure if that is true now we have seen the set but then again it doesn’t seem impossible. Also do you think we will be able to fit the brick built animals/ beasts in the suitcase it’s self or not?

The suitcase is confirmed to be $50, not $30, and the beasts do not fit inside the suitcase once it’s all closed up unfortunately

Edited by harleydavid98