Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

Nice one bud! Didn’t even think to check Twitter

Thanks for sharing, these get me more and more hyped ?

yes Lego is the best in the marketing to increase the hype. 

But i am sad because i was used to see leaks and now, it is almost finishing ^^

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

yes Lego is the best in the marketing to increase the hype. 

But i am sad because i was used to see leaks and now, it is almost finishing ^^

one large set and 22 minifigures to go, seems kinda like 50% of the content. Much to be excited for still!

Apologies if this has been covered before - but is it possible that Ollivander could be a promotional figure when the wave launches? I know that people were suggesting that his minifigure could be included with an upcoming book (which I do think is pretty likely), but I'm just putting the possibility out there given that we were talking about promos? 

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

3 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Apologies if this has been covered before - but is it possible that Ollivander could be a promotional figure when the wave launches? I know that people were suggesting that his minifigure could be included with an upcoming book (which I do think is pretty likely), but I'm just putting the possibility out there given that we were talking about promos? 

I don’t see why not, personally I could see anything happening with this wave at the minute bearing in mind went from Knight Bus to Hogwarts Express ?, and we might not be even getting Aragog (I hope to god that we do get him)

Edited by harleydavid98

4 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I don’t see why not, personally I could see anything happening with this wave at the minute bearing in mind went from Knight Bus to Hogwarts Express ?, and we might not be even getting Aragog (I hope to god that we do get him)

aragog set is confirmed by sir von lego and amazon release the set. Sir von lego saw the set. 100% sur

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

aragog set is confirmed by sir von lego and amazon release the set. Sir von lego saw the set. 100% sur

That’s fair enough then, that makes me incredibly happy

Releasing Ollivander now is weird either way, if I were them I would have saved him for a Diagon Alley set like they did last time. His outfit is pretty much the same in all of his appearances so they couldn't really release an exclusive variant of his in other sets (though, as I have to admit, that hasn't stopped TLG before *cough* Unkar Plutt's "book-exclusive" henchman *cough*). One could argue that the same goes for some of the other non-set characters like Umbridge and Slughorn, but those two have several different outfits throughout the films :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Releasing Ollivander now is weird either way, if I were them I would have saved him for a Diagon Alley set like they did last time. His outfit is pretty much the same in all of his appearances so they couldn't really release an exclusive variant of his in other sets (though, as I have to admit, that hasn't stopped TLG before *cough* Unkar Plutt's "book-exclusive" henchman *cough*). One could argue that the same goes for some of the other non-set characters like Umbridge and Slughorn, but those two have several different outfits throughout the films :wink:

The Slughorn in the minifig pack is the young Slughorn from the Horcrux memories, we wouldn’t get him in a set, I can’t remember Umbridge having different outfits apart from the Wizengamot outfit (what set could we possibly get that in) and the pink one (the one we’re getting)

plus we could get Deathly Hallows Ollivander, after he’d been tortured

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That can be a polybag, one of the CMF, a limited edition like toy rus...

i don't think about a set. unless TLC gave up a fb set?

That can be a polybag, one of the CMF, a limited edition like toy rus...

i don't think about a set. unless TLC gave up a fb set?

Too old to be in an FB set, Ollivander would’ve been younger than Newt (Ollivander born 1908, Newt born 1897) so he’d have brown hair and look a lot younger

3 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

The Slughorn in the minifig pack is the young Slughorn from the Horcrux memories

No, this is classic normal timeline Slughorn.

2 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Too old to be in an FB set, Ollivander would’ve been younger than Newt (Ollivander born 1908, Newt born 1897) so he’d have brown hair and look a lot younger

I think i misspoke but i wanted to say that for this wave, there will be not a another set. Unless Lego cancelled a FB set for a HP set .

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

No, this is classic normal timeline Slughorn.

It’s definitely the younger Slughorn, but even if it isn’t to Lego, it is to me, it looks nothing like old Slughorn (the hair) and looks exactly like young Slughorn

I think i misspoke but i wanted to say that for this wave, there will be not a another set. Unless Lego cancelled a FB set for a HP set .

Oh I’ve got ya, I misunderstood, normally I’d say I hope so because the more Harry Potter the better, but unfortunately there are only 2 FB sets coming out and 1 of them hasn’t been revealed yet and includes at least Tina and Newt

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

It’s definitely the younger Slughorn, but even if it isn’t to Lego, it is to me, it looks nothing like old Slughorn (the hair) and looks exactly like young Slughorn

Oh I’ve got ya, I misunderstood, normally I’d say I hope so because the more Harry Potter the better, but unfortunately there are only 2 FB sets coming out and 1 of them hasn’t been revealed yet and includes at least Tina and Newt

Lol , you want to kill the FB sets for the Harry potter theme ahaha. I think the same as you.

4 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Lego has a habit on not using the optimal hairpieces. And he looks exactly like Harry timeline Slughorn :P

(Also his hair was brown in flashbacks.)

DZtUZyFVoAAVVGm.jpg

Edited by deskp

2 hours ago, deskp said:

Lego has a habit on not using the optimal hairpieces. And he looks exactly like Harry timeline Slughorn :P

It could literally be either (he doesn’t seem to own any other clothes) but I’m still personally saying it’s young Slughorn, I understand if it’s released as the current timeline Slughorn, but to me it’ll always be young Slughorn, at least until he’s released in a set and looks the same in set as he does in the pack

2 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Lol , you want to kill the FB sets for the Harry potter theme ahaha. I think the same as you.

If there were more than 2 sets I’d happily sacrifice them for more HP sets, especially one with a more up to date Dobby (RIP), but as it is, 2 is fine with me, it’s not taking up too many slots, especially with how many big sets we’re getting

2 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

It could literally be either (he doesn’t seem to own any other clothes) but I’m still personally saying it’s young Slughorn, I understand if it’s released as the current timeline Slughorn, but to me it’ll always be young Slughorn, at least until he’s released in a set and looks the same in set as he does in the pack

That's alright. Any reason why?

I generally dislike when minifigures are displaced across timeline so much, since they don't quite go together. Like breaking up a set.

He does have different outfits in the flashbacks though.

Edited by deskp

Just now, deskp said:

That's alright. Any reason why?

I generally dislike when minifigures are displaced across timeline so much, since they don't quite go together. Like breaking up a set.

No reason other than the fact the image makes him look like the younger version, tbh the face print might look older so then I’d accept it, but with the images we’ve got I can’t really see any “old” detailing, I must admit it’d make me excited if it is young Slughorn because I could make a display that I’ve always wanted to, a slip scene with the 2 Slughorns (old and young) back to back and Harry and Tom in the exact position either side of them

In fact ya know what, I’m gonna sound like a massive hypocrite but I just found a more clear picture and zoomed in and I can see the crow’s feet and wrinkles to show that it’s old Slughorn, a new hair piece when I get him methinks

2 hours ago, deskp said:

That’s perfect, and since I won’t be having my DC display up any more I can steal Alfred’s hairpiece, I didn’t even think of that, I’m just looking forward to making my custom student me!!

I’ve never had one of them vials that he comes with before, is the top small enough to fit one of the cone pieces over the top?

3 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’ve never had one of them vials that he comes with before, is the top small enough to fit one of the cone pieces over the top?

It's the size of a stud with hole in it. You can fit any pole sized thing in it.

I dunno what cone piece youre talking about.

Just now, deskp said:

It's the size of a stud with hole in it. You can fit any pole sized thing in it.

I dunno what cone piece youre talking about.

Google Lego come, it’s lkterally every image that comes up, but it’d be too big for what I wanted, I thought I could turn the vial into the hourglass

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

Google Lego come, it’s lkterally every image that comes up, but it’d be too big for what I wanted, I thought I could turn the vial into the hourglass

23945pb01.png wrong color i know.