Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Aclego.03

both the marvel and HP packs are stunning and there is no way Lego will miss the opportunity to sell them to fill the gaps in the respective character lineups.

Edited by KevinMD

3 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

A post surfaced on Instagram, saying the bricktober sets are cancelled and may only be released in Canada

It's not canceled if it's still being released. Toys R Us is shutting down in the USA but not in Canada and Europe, so they will just be hard for USA folks to get but that's not the same thing as cancelled.

2 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

A post surfaced on Instagram, saying the bricktober sets are cancelled and may only be released in Canada

Personally I believe this will be wrong/right. Right in that they might be cancelled for ToysRus (for obvious reasons) but wrong in that they will be available for everyone. Lego obviously didn't put Hooch in the Quidditch set because she is coming in that pack and not releasing her would very much diminish the appeal of the set given that a key figure will be missing from the collection.

Does anyone know if we’ll be able to add pieces to the ends of wands  such as blast pieces for wizard battles (spell clash Voldy vs Dumbledore, Voldy vs Harry etc), they seem pretty thin so I’d expect it to be awkward but I hope not

14 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Aclego.03

both the marvel and HP packs are stunning and there is no way Lego will miss the opportunity to sell them to fill the gaps in the respective character lineups.

Looking at the Marvel leak, one of the figures has their legs on backwards.  Not sure if this points to the leaker rushing their leak or if it was originally planned (boxes made, etc), scrapped, then the leaker put it together.  Just a thought.

It wouldn't surprise me if they either redesign the packaging to remove the TRU logo and make them available for sale (or promotion) elsewhere, or trash the set completely and the figures resurface in polybags or other promotional items.

Keep in mind Lego designs and produces these sets long before (like 18 months ago). I don’t think Lego had any idea toys r us would have gone under like this so they produced these sets. No one really has any idea what they are going to do with these sets but as long as there is enough public outcry and lego sees that these will sell they will produce them 

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Keep in mind Lego designs and produces these sets long before (like 18 months ago). I don’t think Lego had any idea toys r us would have gone under like this so they produced these sets. No one really has any idea what they are going to do with these sets but as long as there is enough public outcry and lego sees that these will sell they will produce them 

Presumably they haven't been sent out yet.

And LEGO did an "internal recall" and repackaged sets last year due to the wrong colour grey being packaged ...

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/08/lego-recalled-120000-sets-because-someone-used-the-wrong-shade-of-grey/

So changing the packaging or repackaging the minifigures isn't such a big stretch.

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Promobricks confirms that all of the packs will be available in Asia.

Don't they assume it, rather than confirm it.

1 minute ago, MAB said:

TRU here in PH, is alive and kicking, no signs of being closed so I guess it's a yes? I could be wrong tho. Promobricks could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, MAB said:

No, they actually confirm it. This is the sentence they used: "So wird die Aktion zumindest in den ToysRUS Märkten in Asien stattfinde" Which roughly means "the promotion will at least take place at the ToysRUS stores in Asia".

5 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

No, they actually confirm it. This is the sentence they used: "So wird die Aktion zumindest in den ToysRUS Märkten in Asien stattfinde" Which roughly means "the promotion will at least take place at the ToysRUS stores in Asia".

Thanks for the translation bud.

Booom! You looking for this - War Machine

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh what a surprise

Madam Hooch: looks almost the same to the previous one. The hairpiece still doesn't work

I was hoping for a hair googles combo ala tlbm robin.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks for the translation bud.

Booom! You looking for this - War Machine

No problem :) Just hope that Promobricks themselves are correct given that they also state that if everything works out it will also come to Germany (which in turn would mean that a wider release is part of the plan).

@TheBrickBuilder14 yea, they have been wrong before in some cases.

Best thing we could do is probably just to wait and hopefully TLG find a fair way for all of us in getting those packs. 

9 hours ago, Seaber said:

So, about the quiddich characters... 

Here is the 2010 version:

hp109.png

And the new version:

See this Instagram photo by @lego_world_club_2.0

And here is what they are based on:

harry-potter-quidditch-robes-slytherin-c

So the cape piece from the old sets is now printed on. I think I'll see what they look like without the cape, but they should probably have some sort of skirt piece instead with an opening at the front.

Hopefully if Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff get their quidditch outfits in the CMS they'll come with printed legs to update the Gryffindor and Slytherin ones.

Big improvement there. Well done LEGO.

6 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Man, I hope so! I'm worried that these won't be available in Ireland at all. We don't have any official LEGO stores or Toys R' Us. Here's hoping Smyths, Tesco or Argos get these, but I don't think any Bricktober packs or figure packs have surfaced anywhere here before.

I don't see why not personally, we'll find out on July 1st, or is it August 1st?

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know if I said this here but the release date is rumored for July/ August rather than October 

Awesome, I hope this is true

Do you guys think the hole in the bottom of the Willow is going to lead onto the shreaking shack? 

12 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do you guys think the hole in the bottom of the Willow is going to lead onto the shreaking shack? 

"Whomping Willow features spinning branches and the Shrieking Shack tunnel entrance."

You never know :wink:

I know this might not answer the question of if it was canceled or when it’s coming but lego is pulling the pictures down off instagram. They wouldn’t do that if they were not real

31 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I know this might not answer the question of if it was canceled or when it’s coming but lego is pulling the pictures down off instagram. They wouldn’t do that if they were not real

I wonder if they're doing that due to the toys r us label.