Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Do you guys reckon that we’ll get a new hair mould for older Harry?

If we get year 4 Harry without long hair then what’s the point ?

Or a year 5-7 Harry with the same hair as year 1/2 Harry ?

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Speaking of the quidditch set, those gold hoop pieces. Are they new? I haven't seen them anywhere else. 

I haven’t seen them used before, so either they’re new or they’re not very common pieces, another thing, are there any differences between the 2 Snapes? Even a slight facial difference? Slightly disappointing if they’re both exactly the same

I bet they'll stop with the short legs in year 4. It's the halfway point and harry is meant to look younger than the other champions. The hair will probably be the same for all of them besides Hermoine. 

Just now, Legocollinfreak said:

I bet they'll stop with the short legs in year 4. It's the halfway point and harry is meant to look younger than the other champions. The hair will probably be the same for all of them besides Hermoine. 

I hope they stop with year 3 because Harry was only just shorter than Sirius so it looks weird them being completely different heights, the hair I really hope changes, it looks good for the kids, it looks more childlike so it suits them, but it wouldn’t suit the older characters, I’m planning on changing up the trio for the train set, I’ll keep Ron the same but with long legs, same with Hermione, but Harry I’ll give the tousled hair (Green Lantern) in black to make it look more like year 3 Harry

56 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

It took me this long to notice, but one of the Slytherin Quidditch players has a stud shooter with a Beater attached to his broomstick. That is just . . just . . brilliant. 

As I mentioned a few pages back, I don’t think that’s for a bludger, but rather a quaffle. The stud shooter below the hoops should be for shooting the bludgers. 

As far as lupin, here’s a pic from the train:

77a8355c-01cc-42dd-8d7a-e77db7765f55.jpg

Does Fantastic Beasts have its own thread? 

Or should I rename this thread as "The wizarding world" and discuss both themes here? @Clone OPatra

I’d kill for new hippogriff and Horntail moulds. I wasn’t into Harry Potter when they were released and I regret it quite a lot. A new graveyard resurrection scene would be great as well, seeing as the original set was fantastic.

Just got out of work and damn do these sets look good. The Express was unexpected but definetly welcome. My personal favorite thanks to a great Lupin figure and the Candy lady. Whomping Willow is too small especially with the set being named after it. But it doesn't look bad when the car is in it. The castle portion is pretty good with Gryffindor Common Room and Snape's Office. Confused of what room Seamus is in. Hope it's not DADA office I think it would need to bigger. Qudditch is good just not a Day 1 buy like WW, GH, and HE. Prices feel good and I feel like I actually get a good amount especially being used to the Star Wars BS. I don't why but these sets feel so magical and charming like the first two movies. Real great job capturing the feel of the movies. Or I'm drunk on nostalgia. 

Edited by RODDY

We're definitely still getting that Aragog set, there hasn't been a set revealed to that set number in the leaked catalog from a while back. There's still at least 1 more Fantastic Beasts set as well. I think the Quidditch and Hogwarts Express sets are the 'retailer exclusives'

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We are getting madam hooch, unbridge, slughorn, and someone else in a bricktober like pack 

Those figs are insane, specially the 3rd fig I can sense a dual molding in it.

3 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

It looks to be boggart Snape dressed like Neville's grandmother.

That makes more sense.

Edit:

How much are these types of sets usually?

Edited by zegodhand

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t say fake new entirely because they were right with the fact that 75955 was in deed a third movie set but they were wrong with everything else. It’s also newts suit case so that’s a given plus it is heavily rumored that the suitcase will include young dumbledore. I think they will throw someone else in the set but ultimentely this is a more Harry Potter revival then a fantasic beast wave if that makes sense 

Well if the leaker can not distinguish between a bus and a train, then the person better get some eyeglasses fast :tongue:

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I guess the worry we wouldn’t be getting a Knight Bus can be put to rest as Lego are clearly doing sets from movies 1, 2 & 3, not just 1 & 2 as we thought. 

The train was most likely the rumoured bus, so do not expect one until next wave :wink:

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

To those worried about the lack of some characters (Hooch, crab and goyle etc.) I’d say hold off on the worrying for the moment. We still have a 22 Minifigure series to see, and I fully expect a few of these characters to be in that, as well as the D2C.

Yes and now we got the TRU set to add to that as well, a lot of figs are coming:thumbup:

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t count of it. There is much more investment in Harry Potter then fantasic beasts (just look at the set number 5 to 2 plus 5 brickheadz for Harry Potter) 

Definitely more HP than FB, but I still think it is a good chance some FB figs are in the cmf :classic:

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

newt and what I think is Tina (doesn’t use the mold from dimensions have leaked)

Yes, not at all unexpected in the suitcase set, but saves me from considering buying the old figs of them:thumbup:

1 hour ago, SandMirror38 said:

We're definitely still getting that Aragog set, there hasn't been a set revealed to that set number in the leaked catalog from a while back. There's still at least 1 more Fantastic Beasts set as well. I think the Quidditch and Hogwarts Express sets are the 'retailer exclusives'

Yes, you are right about the Aragog set and if you mean the suitcase set from FB that is right also, do not think now that FB will get a 3 set (no more set numbers unless it is 75957):classic:

43 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We are getting madam hooch, unbridge, slughorn, and someone else in a bricktober like pack 

WTF! Snape and Hooch would be likely in a the cmf, I guess not now :wacko: Unbrige and Slughorn I did not expect until future waves :wacko:
If this is fake then it is a good one, but the problem is that TRU are bankrupt! We still have it in Norway, but that is just a franchisee, it is finished in the States..

1. They could give it to the few "TRU" that are lefts, not really likely
  2. They unpack them and do a GWP or let target or similar have the promo
  3. They cancel the hole set
  4. They have already put it in cmf 4 of the 22 figs, I expect it is to late for that, we have known about the 22 figs for ages
  5. It is a fake, then it is good, but I only see 24 pieces(,maybe it is a crow on Snapes hat?)

Edited by Roebuck

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

WTF! Snape and Hooch would be likely in a the cmf, I guess not now :wacko: Unbrige and Slughorn I did not expect until future waves :wacko:
If this is fake then it is a good one, but the problem is that TRU are bankrupt! We still have it in Norway, but that is just a franchisee, it is finished in the States..

1. They could give it to the few "TRU" that are lefts, not really likely
  2. They unpack them and do a GWP or let target or similar have the promo
  3. They cancel the hole set
  4. They have already put it in cmf 4 of the 22 figs, I expect it is to late for that, we have known about the 22 figs for ages
  5. It is a fake, then it is good, but I only see 24 pieces..

Sadly, Im pretty positive it’s real. Toys r us still operate outside of the United States 

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Sadly, Im pretty positive it’s real. Toys r us still operate outside of the United States 

Then lucky me and everyone else living close to a TRU still standing, but feel bad for the people in the USA and UK, they will have to pay top dollar to get hold of them probably.. It could even be more sets like one from FB, last year it was 4 different and you had to pay around 75$ to get one..

Slughorn and Umbridge??Colour me impressed, didn't see that one coming *huh* I'm so glad though they're not just focused on the first three films after all, here's hoping the same goes for the CMF series :thumbup: If they keep up the pace, they'll have released all of the major characters just in the first wave alone :grin:

Won't those TRU be available in Lego stores anyway? And in the UK/US, won't they just find a different supplier?

They look great!

Just now, Seaber said:

Won't those TRU be available in Lego stores anyway? 

I certainly hope so. The only "exclusive" I know of that's available in the LEGO store is the Sandspeeder. Does anyone know if previous Bricktober sets like the LBM one have been available in the LEGO store because I swear I've seen it before

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm so glad though they're not just focused on the first three films after all, here's hoping the same goes for the CMF series :thumbup:

It is surprising indeed, but I do not think the bricktober sets follow any rule it is more the exception of a rule I think :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Won't those TRU be available in Lego stores anyway? And in the UK/US, won't they just find a different supplier?

No, brictober sets are never in Lego stores as far as I know, and if they release them in TRU shops around the world it is unlikely that they give it to another store in the US/UK :sceptic:

So, about the quiddich characters... 

Here is the 2010 version:

hp109.png

And the new version:

See this Instagram photo by @lego_world_club_2.0

And here is what they are based on:

harry-potter-quidditch-robes-slytherin-c

So the cape piece from the old sets is now printed on. I think I'll see what they look like without the cape, but they should probably have some sort of skirt piece instead with an opening at the front.

Hopefully if Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff get their quidditch outfits in the CMS they'll come with printed legs to update the Gryffindor and Slytherin ones.

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It is surprising indeed, but I do not think the bricktober sets follow any rule it is more the exception of a rule I think :sceptic:

No, brictober sets are never in Lego stores as far as I know, and if they release them in TRU shops around the world it is unlikely that they give it to another store in the US/UK :sceptic:

This is not good news :(

Considering Smyths honoured TRU rewards my bet is they will be given to Smyths. Either that or Argos as they like exclusives. Barnes and Noble for America perhaps?