Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Previous Quidditch set was $20 and 153 pieces, this one is $40 and 500 pieces, double the price and more than double the pieces, how do you reckon the design will be?

I think it'll be like that Thor Ragnarok set: The hoops, Hooch's podium and spectator stands on each side. We could get a Lee Jordan fig too, if they include that part of the stadium

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

I think it'll be like that Thor Ragnarok set: The hoops, Hooch's podium and spectator stands on each side. We could get a Lee Jordan fig too, if they include that part of the stadium

Could be, if it is it’d be a good idea to get 2 to make a full stand, and then you can make a bigger team with the extra figs

I really hope those plain white legs aren't the final design. Without some boot or shinpad printing, they look REALLY unfinished.

26 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

some figs started leaking (not at the usual place though I give them a few hours)

Quirrel with Ron face though
(nearly) headless Nick

I am almost certain both those figures have already been revealed months ago with the great hall set.

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

I am almost certain both those figures have already been revealed months ago with the great hall set.

This is not a leak because quirrel and sir nicholas are in the great haln. Interessing thing is that the leaker sometimes made fail with the face of Ron for Quirrel. Maybe he did it again with the others minifigs

Hagrid on instagram, if you want to see again this minifig

We see that since 3 days, the minifigs has  leaked. Maybe that will force TLC for showing us the set quickly?

Edited by Black Numenorean

17 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

We could get a Lee Jordan fig too

That would be nice :sweet:

6 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

Is there anyway to find these images outside of instagram?

I am not a member on intagram, but find the pictures there anyway.. So you do not have to be a member if that is what you mean?!

Yesterday I found a leak first for once (Oliver Wood), but then EB decided to take a nap or something :laugh: Seems like the person who got the figs are not sure which parts there are on all the figs, so some of them may chance a part in the sets, but we see what we basically are getting at least :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

That would be nice :sweet:

I am not a member on intagram, but find the pictures there anyway.. So you do not have to be a member if that is what you mean?!

Yesterday I found a leak first for once (Oliver Wood), but then EB decided to take a nap or something :laugh: Seems like the person who got the figs are not sure which parts there are on all the figs, so some of them may chance a part in the sets, but we see what we basically are getting at least :thumbup:

Ok ,Thanks!

Oliver looks great. He uses a generic face, but I think it fits him greatly. Torso is amazing, and it's bad to so no leg printing, same with Flint, but I hope they get something like skirt piece or cape's.

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Apparently lego is trying to make Harry Potter into a evergreen theme due to the high demand of them!

Guessing you’ve just watched Just2Good’s new video, I hope it does become evergreen, I will indeed love collecting these

28 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Apparently lego is trying to make Harry Potter into a evergreen theme due to the high demand of them!

Like Star Wars or Superheroes?

Oh no......

Well, there goes my hopes for a in-house Castle theme 

Edited by Robert8

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh no......

Well, there goes my hopes for a in-house Castle theme 

Yup like Star Wars, Ninjago, superhero’s, city, and creator 

36 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don't understand what you say. What is the concept of ever-green i  lego?

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh no......

Is the oh no from you or your wallet? :laugh:  Or a fear that it will cause more licensed cmfs?:look:

Well, on the plus side, if this is an evengreen theme, they have to release Firenze the centaur at something

So, I'm sad and happy (sappy?)

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

It means that there will be sets coming every year (or half year), even when there are not movies coming. So, like Superheroes or Star Wars

3 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Most themes have short one to three year runs when they're relevant etc like how there are Jurassic set where there's a new film but an evergreen theme is one that is permanent at least until it loses evergreen status.

Edited by Agent Kallus
Ninjago'd

2 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Is the oh no from you or your wallet? :laugh:  Or a fear that it will cause more licensed cmfs?:look:

OH NO! I didn't even think about the CMFS!

But an evergreen theme can't have a lot of CMFs. They would run out of characters soon

They would end up releasing characters like "Yawning Harry" or "Sleeping Hermione"

Edited by Robert8

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well, on the plus side, if this is an evengreen theme, they have to release Firenze the centaur at something

So, I'm sad and happy (sappy?)

It means that there will be sets coming every year (or half year), even when there are not movies coming. So, like Superheroes or Star Wars

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Most themes have short one to three year runs when they're relevant etc like how there are Jurassic set where there's a new film but an evergreen theme is one that is permanent at least until it loses evergreen status.

Thank you for the answer.

Buy i remember one think in 2002: the wave of Hp was not a big sucessed

Today i don't think so too.

And the guy who said that: is it reliable?

Edited by Black Numenorean

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

Buy i remember one think in 2002: the wave of Hp was not a big sucess.

Today i don't think so too.

And the guy who said that: is it reliable?

LEGO is smart. There are not doing this randomly

They know the kids who grew up reading the books are now young adults who can pay for their own stuff, including LEGO sets. So nostalgia will play a huge factor here

Taking that info with a grain of salt, but if it's true than Lego will have completely sold out their own basic values.

The roster going forward would be this:

Castle Harry Potter

Space Star Wars

City Assorted Police Officers

Pirates POTC

CMFS Licensed Themes Bonanza

Every Action theme ever NINJAGO

and one crap"Big Bang" theme every three years.

If Castle isn't ever coming back, they should just be upfront about it because I would like to stop funding them as soon as possible. I'm totally fine with Harry Potter existing, if fact I like the series and I own a few of the 2010 sets. However, if they replace Castle with it then I have no problem buying old sets secondhand and not giving Lego a single penny for the next decade. :tongue: