Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Well, weird... Few hours ago, I've seen 2 image of Bellatrix (on first 3 pages), now there is just one (the one with CMF WW Bag). Plus, the unique image of Lily and James I've seen was on the 3 first pages, and now I can't find it even with 20 pages.

Is this CMF WW Bag fake too ? (If Bellatrix is a fanmade with potential new slope but still not official)

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I found an image of a digital (like video game style) Bellatrix figure. Doesn’t seem to be real and seems more like a fan who is trying to design potential figures for the CMF series. 

Digital, that's the word, not 'numerised', sorry I'm French

53 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

Well, weird... Few hours ago, I've seen 2 image of Bellatrix (on first 3 pages), now there is just one (the one with CMF WW Bag). Plus, the unique image of Lily and James I've seen was on the 3 first pages, and now I can't find it even with 20 pages.

Is this CMF WW Bag fake too ? (If Bellatrix is a fanmade with potential new slope but still not official)

Digital, that's the word, not 'numerised', sorry I'm French

Given that’s it’s digital it’s almost certainly fake. Lego would only have digital versions of figures when they make the product page much closer to the set’s release.

The Marcus Flint figure looks great, it would be good to see at least two players from each team, that way you could buy two or three copies of the set to make other players.

If I'm looking at the Bellatrix you guys are, I think it's from the video game. Hence why it looks digitalised.

bellatrix.jpg

The design of that Bellatrix figure is just the old one from the Burrow set. It can't be that one people are talking about can it? :shrug_confused:

14 hours ago, Legocollinfreak said:

If you think about the sets they're are kinda laid out like this

Year 1

Great Hall

Quidditch 

Year 2

Aragog

Whomping Willow

Year 3

Knight Bus

Maybe Hogwarts Castle

That is not kinda how they are laid out, sorry think again :wink:

• Great hall is year 1 and 2
  • Quidditch could be 1 or 2 or both (depends if we get a slytherin seeker and who it is)
  • Aragog is year 2 correct
  • Whomping Willow is year 2, but could also have a flavour of year 3
  • IF we get a Knight Bus it could also be a FB set
  • D2C will 99% not be year 3, it could be 1 and 2, but most likely it has part from all years
13 hours ago, Whovastron said:

calling the quidditch set lineup now:

harry, Marcus, Madame hooch and snape.

Snape will never (99%) be in a quidditch set unless it is a huge d2c set!
There are plenty of action in the game itself so no point in wasting a minifig spot on a spectator who is muttering a countercurse :tongue:

Ideally I would like one player from all 4 teams (maybe a future battlepack:grin:) and madam Hooch, but it is probably Gryffindor vs Slytherin as normal. So I expect the same figs as last time, maybe change the slytherin seeker if we are lucky :wink:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That is not kinda how they are laid out, sorry think again :wink:

• Great hall is year 1 and 2
  • Quidditch could be 1 or 2 or both (depends if we get a slytherin seeker and who it is)
  • Aragog is year 2 correct
  • Whomping Willow is year 2, but could also have a flavour of year 3
  • IF we get a Knight Bus it could also be a FB set
  • D2C will 99% not be year 3, it could be 1 and 2, but most likely it has part from all years

Snape will never (99%) be in a quidditch set unless it is a huge d2c set!
There are plenty of action in the game itself so no point in wasting a minifig spot on a spectator who is muttering a countercurse :tongue:

Ideally I would like one player from all 4 teams (maybe a future battlepack:grin:) and madam Hooch, but it is probably Gryffindor vs Slytherin as normal. So I expect the same figs as last time, maybe change the slytherin seeker if we are lucky :wink:

Unless Its from HP 3, I believe that game was Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff.  Lego could throw a dementor in there and it'd be a pretty cool set.

what did I miss? I haven't been on for a while. and yeah, the Bellatrix is the same print as the burrow.

I just looked at my member id and I think if I was a clone trooper I would be called 80's or something.

Edited by hotdogs11
member id

2 minutes ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

A picture of Oliver Wood has leaked on Instagram. He looks pretty good..

Where did you see this?

He does look very good and that torso look excellent, it is a shame that the leg piece doesn’t have any kind of printing because the torso print just cuts off as it gets to the waist, but still a great figure.

17 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

He does look very good and that torso look excellent, it is a shame that the leg piece doesn’t have any kind of printing because the torso print just cuts off as it gets to the waist, but still a great figure.

I think they'll probably use a skirt piece for them, kinda like Chirrut's from the Rogue One sets (sorry I can't think of a better example off the top of my head :laugh:)

I really like the new Wood model. I was kinda worried that they would do numbers on the back like in the movies, and i'm glad they don't: makes it easier to make a full team (since I don't expect them to release full teams).

13 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I think they'll probably use a skirt piece for them, kinda like Chirrut's from the Rogue One sets (sorry I can't think of a better example off the top of my head :laugh:)

That is a possibility for extending the robes, but even if they do I'm sorry to say that I still think that the figures are underwhelming; the over the knee boots are a big part of the quidditch uniform so dual moulded legs like those on the new Star Wars Mace Windu would be much more appropriate.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

That is a possibility for extending the robes, but even if they do I'm sorry to say that I still think that the figures are underwhelming; the over the knee boots are a big part of the quidditch uniform so dual moulded legs like those on the new Star Wars Mace Windu would be much more appropriate.

Agreed. Sometimes Lego have a real problem with legs and not printing them (eg, some Infinity war figures)

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

4 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Agreed. Sometimes Lego have a real problem with legs and not printing them (eg, some Infinity war figures)

I’m thinking these are finished figs, bearing in mind they don’t come out until August meaning they have plenty of time to finalise anything that may be leaking now

16 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’m thinking these are finished figs, bearing in mind they don’t come out until August meaning they have plenty of time to finalise anything that may be leaking now

If they're from a factory, maybe whoever took them out didn't know about the possible skirts because they're fabric and are in a different part of the factory

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

If they're from a factory, maybe whoever took them out didn't know about the possible skirts because they're fabric and are in a different part of the factory

We’ve had that happen before, the Doctor Strange leaked minifig was missing the cape and people thought that it wouldn’t be included, same with Captain Phasma’s cape

On 4/28/2018 at 6:51 AM, Roebuck said:

Well every minifig have at least 5 parts, so 8 on average do not say much.. The figs will for sure be very different some have wands and some not, some may have a cape, other do not etc..

The most interesting thing about this is that Amazon.es has started putting up info already, leaks could be closer than we think :grin:

It's been up for two or three months. And as a note, I don't think that the "average piece count per package" actually varies from series to series so you're likely on point there.

On 4/28/2018 at 7:57 AM, Robianco said:

That description sounds like every other CMF ever released.

Nah, right? :)

I'm curious to see what comes out of the factories with respect to the alleged Quidditch set; if it really does turn out to be 75956, then that would be pretty fascinating. :P

It's definitely accurate to say that the $39.99 US bit is correct for 75956.

Edited by Azani

4 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

We’ve had that happen before, the Doctor Strange leaked minifig was missing the cape and people thought that it wouldn’t be included, same with Captain Phasma’s cape

Oh yay!

Previous Quidditch set was $20 and 153 pieces, this one is $40 and 500 pieces, double the price and more than double the pieces, how do you reckon the design will be?

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Looks like Oliver Wood reuses a generic face. Other than that he looks awesome! I’ll just put his old head on this figure. 

It’s always a shame when they use generic faces for specific people, it’s like them using the Shocker’s face from Spider-Man for Eric Killmonger from Black Panther, if you’re an avid collector of the MCU sets then you’d end up with 2 unrelated characters with exactly the same face ?