Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

It really seems like it’s going to be 5 Harry Potter sets and 2 fantastic beasts (young Dumbledore could come in suitcase). If this is true, I would bet that the cmf series is mostly Harry Potter too  

20 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It really seems like it’s going to be 5 Harry Potter sets and 2 fantastic beasts (young Dumbledore could come in suitcase). If this is true, I would bet that the cmf series is mostly Harry Potter too  

It ain't over till the fat lady sings :grin:

I love both minifigures. Torsos are very accurate, they look great. However, I don't like dark blue legs on Harry. I think they are tan or dark tan in the movie. Same with Ron's. But I love those minifigures. I hope we get more leaks soon. Our only leaks are 75950 Harry, 75950 Ron, 75953 Snape and 75952 Niffler.

75955 is Knight Bus and 75956 is Quidditch set, huh? That means that 75952 Newt Scamander's Briefcase is from Crimes of Grindelwald, and includes for sure Newt, Tina, Dumbledore and Niffler.

13 minutes ago, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

so is nobody gonna talk about the leaked harry and ron figures?

They're nice. Hoping more leaks are coming soon!

Those minifigures, while accurate, do nothing for me.  Probably great for City fans though.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It ain't over till the fat lady sings :grin:

Speaking of the Fat Lady, I hope that if the D2C features the Gryffindor Common Room, she's featured, kinda like on 4709.

So we are getting these then? 

1. The Great Hall

2. The Fobbiden Forest 

3. The Whomping Willow 

4. A Quidditch Set 

5. The Knight Bus

Plus the D2C Hogwats

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

So we are getting these then? 

5. The Knight Bus

"We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour"

A fig or 3 would be flavour, a hole set is more like a dish *huh* So personally I think it is very odd if we get a Knight bus set in this wave! Until I see the set I think it is just someone making a mountain out of a molehill :tongue: A FB set of the KB makes even less sense, then we most likely will not get a KB for wave 2. No Stan Shunpike and at best a young Ernest Prang.. So I still think a FB set with a young Dumbledore makes more sense, time will show :grin:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

"We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour"

A fig or 3 would be flavour, a hole set is more like a dish *huh* So personally I think it is very odd if we get a Knight bus set in this wave! Until I see the set I think it is just someone making a mountain out of a molehill :tongue: A FB set of the KB makes even less sense, then we most likely will not get a KB for wave 2. No Stan Shunpike and at best a young Ernest Prang.. So I still think a FB set with a young Dumbledore makes more sense, time will show :grin:

I’m fairly sure the Harry Potter sets were listed on Lego.com briefly with the Knightbus there and no Quidditch set. 

The inclusion of the Knightbus possibly suggests they aren’t going into as much focus in each wave as what we first thought. However a Knightbus would have for sure been released in the winter so it’s welcomed. Even if it is a FB set I’m sure a HP version would be released too. 

It should have all the key figures in it which will be great! Just wished it was part of a POA theme in the winter... with possibly a chamber of secrets set this wave. (Or other) 

On another note, it will be really interesting to see what the CMF’s will be based off. Possibly more waves of those for specific films... 

Really hoped we would get another fantastic beasts set rather than the Knight bus.

Also since the knight bus is from 3 it would be interesting what legs they use for harry.

6 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’m fairly sure the Harry Potter sets were listed on Lego.com briefly with the Knightbus there and no Quidditch set. 

The inclusion of the Knightbus possibly suggests they aren’t going into as much focus in each wave as what we first thought. However a Knightbus would have for sure been released in the winter so it’s welcomed. Even if it is a FB set I’m sure a HP version would be released too. 

It should have all the key figures in it which will be great! Just wished it was part of a POA theme in the winter... with possibly a chamber of secrets set this wave. (Or other) 

On another note, it will be really interesting to see what the CMF’s will be based off. Possibly more waves of those for specific films... 

You may be thinking of a few screenshots from PriceVortex that have been making the rounds, which does look like LEGO's website since they use the same generic picture for sets when there is no actual picture to display. Bear in mind those listings may not be accurate and the screenshots may not be complete, especially when it comes to retailer exclusives (the Quidditch set is rumored to be an exclusive at Target, I think?) 

55 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Really hoped we would get another fantastic beasts set rather than the Knight bus

Harry Potter is a safer play for Lego, that’s why they are going 2 fb and 5 hp sets 

52 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

(the Quidditch set is rumored to be an exclusive at Target, I think?) 

Yup your correct along with knight bus being Walmart 

I don't find the minifigures you're talking about on the Internet, but I just saw Bellatrix, James and Lily, is this real about these 3 ones ? Thank you :)

Edited by notpennysboat

7 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

I don't find the minifigures you're talking about on the Internet, but I just saw Bellatrix, James and Lily, is this fir real about these 3 ones ? Thank you :)

What? Like physical figures?

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yup your correct along with knight bus being Walmart 

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

(the Quidditch set is rumored to be an exclusive at Target, I think?) 

Does anyone know what the Uk equivalents for Walmart and Target would be / are for these sets.

30 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

I don't find the minifigures you're talking about on the Internet, but I just saw Bellatrix, James and Lily, is this fir real about these 3 ones ? Thank you :)

Where did you see these?

Bellatrix?

But that's a character from GoF?

I thought it was said this whole first wave was going to be books 1, 2 and 3

Just now, Robert8 said:

Bellatrix?

But that's a character from GoF?

I thought it was said this whole first wave was going to be books 1, 2 and 3

Could be the CMF...

53 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

You sure these are from the new wave and not some old one.

Just now, deskp said:

You sure these are from the new wave and not some old one.

There were no Lily and James in the old wave. They are either custom or new.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There were no Lily and James in the old wave. They are either custom or new.

might have confused 2010 potter and ginny, with their long legs for those.