Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Don’t forget the coming Porg and BB8 from last year!

but I do wonder if the castle sells well that a more detailed D2C choo-choo will follow.

or maybe a life size hedwig.

Edited by KevinMD

59 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

but I do wonder if the castle sells well that a more detailed D2C choo-choo will follow.

Considering lego trains scale, you do not need to go d2c to get a detailed one.    Simply updating the build proper will make a perfect Hogwarts express. wouldn't need any more pieces than previous one really.

for example even a larger lego train set isnt in the d2c price range with just 1085 pieces:

10194-1.jpg?200903281134

^ still the gold standard in LEGO trains. 

I would still prefer a larger-scale Hogwarts Express if possible. 2-3 passenger cars, a large compliment of students, some luggage carts, a portion of Platform 9 ¾, for instance.  

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

a portion of Platform 9 ¾, for instance.  

I'd prefer the hogsmeade station, the 'final' version is very manageable in size and you could do a complete structure instead of ambiguous interior platform.

It also fits real well as part of a larger hogwarts display. 

HP5I.jpg

5 hours ago, deskp said:

Considering lego trains scale, you do not need to go d2c to get a detailed one.    Simply updating the build proper will make a perfect Hogwarts express. wouldn't need any more pieces than previous one really.

for example even a larger lego train set isnt in the d2c price range with just 1085 pieces:

No, but it is in the creator expert range and if you add 1 or 2 extra carriages, tracks and a side build like a train station it is in the 2dc range..

It has been some talk over in the train section, that the reason Lego have not released any creator expert trains the last years is supposedly since they do not sell as well as other creator expert sets in the same price range :wacko:

If that is the case it is probably more likely we will get a normal hogwarts express and not a d2c (in the next wave) :hmpf_bad:

I wouldn’t mind seeing a $120 Hogwarts Express or even a D2C one for about $200. They can do a large train with multiple passenger cars and maybe include a station build (I’d prefer platform 9 and 3/4). A trolley witch figure would be a great exclusive character and we could get the main 6 in casual clothing. 

20 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Don’t forget the coming Porg and BB8 from last year!

or maybe a life size hedwig.

BB-8 and Porg are not UCS'. If that's what you meant.

TLG have released images for an Ant-Man and the Wasp set. I'm not sure if it's because of the trailer yesterday but they've also revealed Unikitty and City sets. WHY NO MORE WIZARDING WORLD?

23 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

TLG have released images for an Ant-Man and the Wasp set. I'm not sure if it's because of the trailer yesterday but they've also revealed Unikitty and City sets. WHY NO MORE WIZARDING WORLD?

Well trailer yes, and ant man sets release earlier.

3 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Sets you are talking about - June

Harry Potter - August

20 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Ahhh. So we've still got a month or so

Maybe they won't reveal all at once. Maybe in June we will get another trailer for FB and they will reveal another set. Or maybe they will leak tomorrow. Or maybe we will have to wait 2.5 months for official reveal of all the sets. It's totally unpredictable.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Maybe they won't reveal all at once. Maybe in June we will get another trailer for FB and they will reveal another set. Or maybe they will leak tomorrow. Or maybe we will have to wait 2.5 months for official reveal of all the sets. It's totally unpredictable.

That's the most annoying thing. Waiting, not knowing when or how the next piece of information will be released. it's like waiting for Avengers 4 after Infinity War

2 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's the most annoying thing. Waiting, not knowing when or how the next piece of information will be released. it's like waiting for Avengers 4 after Infinity War

I don't mean to lecture anyone, but instead of thinking of how annoying it may be to wait or not know, you might consider how remarkable it is that LEGO released any information about HP/FB sets when they did, let alone official photos of two (excellent) sets. We are very fortunate to be given a look at these sets so far in advance... especially in an age when The-Clone-Maker-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named can knock off LEGO's products before they even hit the shelves.

Just now, jdubbs said:

I don't mean to lecture anyone, but instead of thinking of how annoying it may be to wait or not know, you might consider how remarkable it is that LEGO released any information about HP/FB sets when they did, let alone official photos of two (excellent) sets. We are very fortunate to be given a look at these sets so far in advance... especially in an age when The-Clone-Maker-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named can knock off LEGO's products before they even hit the shelves.

Am I missing something? 2 sets? What else has been shown except for the Thestral carriage?

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, that's true

5 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Am I missing something? 2 sets? What else has been shown except for the Thestral carriage?

The Great Hall.

Just now, x105Black said:

The Great Hall.

Oh yeah, I’m such a megablock ??

*I didn’t write megablock ?

Edited by harleydavid98

2 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Avengers 4 is coming on May 3rd. In Europe on April 25th. We can speculate: 1st trailer - late November or early December, 2nd trailer - March. We have no idea about the pictures of the other sets.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

21 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Avengers 4 is coming on May 3rd. In Europe on April 25th. We can speculate: 1st trailer - late November or early December, 2nd trailer - March. We have no idea about the pictures of the other sets.

I'm pretty sure he was just using that as an example because now that Infinity War is out and everybody is sitting here with the outcome of IW and wondering what will happen next since we haven't really seen much except for a few leaked photos from on set, but yes that's probably acurate