Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Take it as you will, but over in the SW thread someone linked to the following which mentions, “75955 will be a set from the regular wizarding theme and is expected to be the Knight Bus.”

https://www.brickfanatics.com/toys-r-us-exclusive-lego-sets-coming-to-mass-uk-retail/

obviously the number is wrong, but this is the first I’ve heard of the bus coming back. Does it perhaps make an appearance in CoG?

25 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Take it as you will, but over in the SW thread someone linked to the following which mentions, “75955 will be a set from the regular wizarding theme and is expected to be the Knight Bus.”

https://www.brickfanatics.com/toys-r-us-exclusive-lego-sets-coming-to-mass-uk-retail/

obviously the number is wrong, but this is the first I’ve heard of the bus coming back. Does it perhaps make an appearance in CoG?

Well actually 75955 is the retail exclusive fantastic beasts set and we have no idea what the build will be. Actually the only thing we do know is that it is most likely Walmart and it includes Dumbledore so it is entirely possible this is true 

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well actually 75955 is the retail exclusive fantastic beasts set and we have no idea what the build will be. Actually the only thing we do know is that it is most likely Walmart and it includes Dumbledore so it is entirely possible this is true 

Do we know it includes dumbledore really?. I know someone said we get dumbledore in one set, but I don't think they said which set has which figs at all.

??

58 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Also mentions a brickheadz two pack that is dumbledore and newt.  Wonder if that is true?

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

“75955 will be a set from the regular wizarding theme and is expected to be the Knight Bus.”

Who is expecting it to be the knight bus, that is the question *huh*  Would be odd if they not make it for second wave of HP sets in my opinion. A lot of stuff will happen in the new FB film, only two sets are made, one from the escape with the carriage which is fine. Then the second set are the bus who may or more likely not turn up in the film?! :sceptic:

39 minutes ago, deskp said:

Do we know it includes dumbledore really?. I know someone said we get dumbledore in one set, but I don't think they said which set has which figs at all.

??

If we get Dumbledore in a FB set it must be that set, I am pretty sure he is not looking after the animals in Newts suitcase set :tongue:

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

75956 is FB CoG set, and 75955 is rumorded HP Quidditch set.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75956 is FB CoG set, and 75955 is rumorded HP Quidditch set.

It’s the other way around, I’m pretty confident in that and checked a few places so I’m pretty sure it goes likes this. 75955- fantastic beast set with Dumbledore possibly Walmart exclusive and 75956 is the quidditch set and a target exclusive 

13 minutes ago, SandMirror38 said:

Nope, 75955 has been previously said to be the Potter retailer exclusive. 

Who confirmed it? I’m curious because I have seen 75955 and 75956 have both been called exclusive sets one of which is fb and one of which is hp. The last I checked it was confirmed to be in the order I had it it. I’m pretty sure at one time it was rumored that they were switched and it came from this site but now this site has them switched http://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2018.htm

Edited by Falconfan1414

I wonder what the distribution of minifigs will be with 22 figs *huh*

1. 22+22+16
  2. 22+22+8+8
  3. 22+21+17
  4. 22+21+10+7
  5. 22+20+9+9
  6. 22+20+18
  7. 22+16+16+6
  8. 22+19+19
  9. Etc

I assume there is no Golden Potter or similar that are not in every box, so the first 22 should be OK. Then we are left with 38 figs, if there had been 20 figs they probably would give us 3 of each, but that is not possible her. It could also be one or several rare figs that are only 1 per box, what do you guys think is the most likely distribution :classic:

56 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think the box might have 66 bags

That would be be the first *huh* It is possible, I have not thought about that solution.. I do not think they can push down 6 more figs in the normal box so then they will have to make one slightly bigger.. On the other hand strange that they should increase the number in the box just because there is 22 different figs in a series :sceptic:

With 60 figs in a box they can theoretically have up to 60 different figs also, the more figs the more people have to buy to get the one they want on random or to get the hole series. The cost increases off-course with every fig so there is a crossing point between 1 and 60. If every fan just buy 1 fig per series, the ideal number of different figs per box would be 1. On the other hand if every fan on average buy every single fig in a series the ideal number of different figs per box would be 60. Hard to tell where the crossing point is, but seems like it is over 16 at least (could also be different from each series) :tongue:

21 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It is possible

But in the preliminary catalog it's said there are 60.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I wonder what the distribution of minifigs will be with 22 figs *huh*

1. 22+22+16
  2. 22+22+8+8
  3. 22+21+17
  4. 22+21+10+7
  5. 22+20+9+9
  6. 22+20+18
  7. 22+16+16+6
  8. 22+19+19
  9. Etc

I assume there is no Golden Potter or similar that are not in every box, so the first 22 should be OK. Then we are left with 38 figs, if there had been 20 figs they probably would give us 3 of each, but that is not possible her. It could also be one or several rare figs that are only 1 per box, what do you guys think is the most likely distribution :classic:

I like 22-22-16, two full sets and six figs that are rare but not super desirable (like weird potter, Weasley, granger variants) and save the one-off figs for x2. 

They'll probably take a similar approach as they took with the current CMF line, and weight the figs according to perceived demand/desirability. I hope there are at least two complete sets per case (22 + 22), so that we avoid extreme markups of any single minifig (Policeman, grrr). And then the remaining 16 figs being a mix of the "more desirable" figs, with a few characters getting 5 per case, a few getting 4 per case, and a few getting 3 per case.

20 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s the other way around, I’m pretty confident in that and checked a few places so I’m pretty sure it goes likes this. 75955- fantastic beast set with Dumbledore possibly Walmart exclusive and 75956 is the quidditch set and a target exclusive 

I'm pretty sure 75955 is HP and 75956 is FB. A few sources have confirmed it.

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

So we are getting a Knight Bus and a Quidditch set?

So far it is only rumours! The quidditch set is probably happening, but a FB Knight Bus seems strange to me.. If that is true, then Lego sure do not take much chances on FB :wacko: The first film did not get any sets and the second get 3 where one is the Knight bus known from HP, two is a carriage set that with a little moding can fit in as a Hogwarts carriage *huh*

New information:

A book with a minifig on the menu at the end of December:

This LEGO Harry Potter activity book is packed with comics, puzzles, mazes, games, and more! Featuring all your favorite characters from the Harry Potter films, these pages are full of endless fun -- plus, a buildable minifigure!

link: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/1338311476?tag=amazon0f3-21

7 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I see Lego is trying to bankrupt me this year. 

Between just the UCS Cloud City ($500) and D2C Hogwarts ($500) you can say the wallet is gonna hurt alot. But I know which one I'm getting first. Then the Great Hall ($100), Whomping Willow ($70), X-Wing ($80), and the countless amount of HP minifigs I'm gonna buy. It's gonna be rough. 

41 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Between just the UCS Cloud City ($500) and D2C Hogwarts ($500) you can say the wallet is gonna hurt alot. But I know which one I'm getting first. Then the Great Hall ($100), Whomping Willow ($70), X-Wing ($80), and the countless amount of HP minifigs I'm gonna buy. It's gonna be rough. 

i know this isn't a star wars discussion but the cloud city set cannot be a ucs because lego only makes one star wars ucs a year don't they? so the cloud city set(unless it comes out next year) would probably just be a really big set

^ Generally two Star Wars UCS sets are released each year, one in May and one in September.  Last year 75144 Snowspeeder was released in May and 75192 Millennium Falcon was released in September.  There was some speculation a few months ago that there would be no May release this year because the UCS MF is so enormous, but that rumor has been proven false.