Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Harry Potter works perfectly for Juniors. The first two films especially. I don’t know why people assume children don’t know anything about the series? The franchise is one of the highest grossing in the world. Freeform airs movie marathons practically every month. Fans who grew up with Harry Potter are parents now. It’s no less obscure to these kids than Snow White or Jurassic World is. 

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In Jurassic junior sets you can get easy builds with cool dinos and a cheap price. What the point of Harry Potter junior sets would be?

Well, for one, the point would be so younger children who like HP and are getting into Lego could build a set that isn’t too challenging, just like every other Juniors set? They don’t exist solely to sell dinosaurs. Emma’s Ice Cream Truck doesn’t have any in it, so what’s the point of that set?

I can easily imagine a Hogwarts Juniors set made of mostly large wall pieces. Throw in a nice new Bassilisk mold. Kids and AFOLs would eat it up. 

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

Harry Potter works perfectly for Juniors. The first two films especially. I don’t know why people assume children don’t know anything about the series? The franchise is one of the highest grossing in the world. Freeform airs movie marathons practically every month. Fans who grew up with Harry Potter are parents now. It’s no less obscure to these kids than Snow White or Jurassic World is. 

Well, for one, the point would be so younger children who like HP and are getting into Lego could build a set that isn’t too challenging, just like every other Juniors set? They don’t exist solely to sell dinosaurs. Emma’s Ice Cream Truck doesn’t have any in it, so what’s the point of that set?

I can easily imagine a Hogwarts Juniors set made of mostly large wall pieces. Throw in a nice new Bassilisk mold. Kids and AFOLs would eat it up. 

I don't know what's the point of Emma's Ice Truck. Friends sets usually have many really cheap sets, I don't know why kids would want that.

Let's cross the fingers that a new set is revealed today, if so i hope for WW (so we can solve the combine/connect set issue), but i will gladly take anything we get :grin:

11 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Let's cross the fingers that a new set is revealed today, if so i hope for WW (so we can solve the combine/connect set issue), but i will gladly take anything we get :grin:

Today?

Why today? :look:

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Today?

Why today? :look:

Because Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery game is released today! WB are one of the companies behind it, so since we got a set for the trailer to FB, we might get a set for this game also :wink:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Because Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery game is released today! WB are one of the companies behind it, so since we got a set for the trailer to FB, we might get a set for this game also :wink:

Oh I hope you're right but I feel this theme has San Diego Comic-Con written all over it

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh I hope you're right but I feel this theme has San Diego Comic-Con written all over it

SDCC is too late for that.

Just now, Robert8 said:

I guess it will for sure have the sets there, but SDCC is only a week before the sets are in stores, so that is to late to reveal them in my opinion :sceptic: Some shops probably have them on self by then..

19 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I highly doubt they will ever make Juniors Harry Potter sets. Juniors sets appeal to 4-6 year olds and its rare that any kid that age would be looking for Harry Potter toys.

The only reason they do stuff like Batman, Jurassic World, Marvel, etc is because little kids love heroes and dinosaurs. 

I was around that age when the first waves came out and I truly loved them, I pretty much saw it as a medieval theme 2.0 with castles, ghosts, trolls and wizards, however the sets were way too hard to build for me (looking at you dumbledore's office and Hagrid's hut). So I think a juniors set would work perfectly.

55 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Game is out, but there are no pictures. Probably they are not going to reveal any set today.

In the next couple of weeks there will come some pictures for sure.

39 minutes ago, topiku said:

Oh I hate it when there haven‘t been new messages on this thread :(

I'm afraid there have been nothing but new messages. We just don't have any new information.

I knew about Harry Potter when I was 6. I hope for juniors sets because it is even more sets. Some of them would probably be bad. Imagine the size of a juniors Hogwarts.

info today from amazon.es about the cmf serie:

there will be 8 brick on average in each bag:

the head+ the torso+ the headgear + the legs = 4 and we can add the magic wand =5

And we can spéculate about a cape =6

and 2 other parts

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

the head+ the torso+ the headgear + the legs = 4 and we can add the magic wand =5

and 2 other parts

This is exactly why I have notifications for this forum turned on, new information

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

and 2 other parts

Some items like books are made up of two parts. And don't forget about the bases.

It's very likely that every character bar maybe a select few will come with a wand.

Edited by doclord

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

and 2 other parts

Well every minifig have at least 5 parts, so 8 on average do not say much.. The figs will for sure be very different some have wands and some not, some may have a cape, other do not etc..

The most interesting thing about this is that Amazon.es has started putting up info already, leaks could be closer than we think :grin:

2 hours ago, deskp said:

Some items like books are made up of two parts. And don't forget about the bases.

I don´t know how it is at amazon, but at Brickset the plates aren´t counted into the piece count.

11 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I don´t know how it is at amazon, but at Brickset the plates aren´t counted into the piece count.

Amazon or anyone else are using the lego count.

The cmf will be sold the 29 august : "Este artículo saldrá a la venta el 29 ago 2018"