Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

If we get a Bowtruckle I’m sure it’ll be like the Potted baby Groot as in just a stick piece because it’s such a small beast

Yes please!

Just now, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

if they make a remake of the graveyard duel set i would love it if they made a baby voldemort with that new baby mold

I second this, but at the same time I’m not sure if this would be terrifying or hilarious ?

will neville and ginny be in the whomping willow or the 70 dollar set or the d2c? or will they just not be in the wave at all? i know i may sound like a broken record because I've said this two times already but i really want to see young versions of neville and the other hogwarts students.

maybe we will finally get a seamus finnigan minifigure

32 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I second this, but at the same time I’m not sure if this would be terrifying or hilarious ?

I went to the HP studio tour a couple of weeks ago and saw the baby Voldemort animatronic. I don't see how anything could make it hilarious :sceptic:

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I went to the HP studio tour a couple of weeks ago and saw the baby Voldemort animatronic. I don't see how anything could make it hilarious :sceptic:

I’ve been twice and it would be very easy to make it hilarious, all I’m imagining is Voldemort’s minifigs head on the baby body, which is exactly what they’ll do and it would just look so funny

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

I’ve been twice and it would be very easy to make it hilarious, all I’m imagining is Voldemort’s minifigs head on the baby body, which is exactly what they’ll do and it would just look so funny

Well fair enough :laugh:

3 hours ago, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

will neville and ginny be in the whomping willow or the 70 dollar set or the d2c? or will they just not be in the wave at all? i know i may sound like a broken record because I've said this two times already but i really want to see young versions of neville and the other hogwarts students.

maybe we will finally get a seamus finnigan minifigure

Definitely not with the WW, but the D2C seems fairly possible.

3 hours ago, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

if they make a remake of the graveyard duel set i would love it if they made a baby voldemort with that new baby mold

Graveyard Duel was my first Lego ever, I still have it somwhere on my basement.

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Definitely not with the WW, but the D2C seems fairly possible.

maybe there will be more sets coming than we think? or perhaps juniors sets? i kinda hope that during the release of the d2c there are at least 2 more sets that come out with it.

1 hour ago, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

maybe there will be more sets coming than we think? or perhaps juniors sets? i kinda hope that during the release of the d2c there are at least 2 more sets that come out with it.

In 2018 we are getting 3 fantastic beasts sets (suitcase, grindelwald’s escape, and another set that is a retail exclusive based on crimes of grindelwald), 4 Harry Potter sets ( aragog, whomping willow, great hall, and another retail exclusive set rumored to be a quidditch based set) there is also the d2c and minifigure series but we have no idea how Lego is planning on handeling either. If there are sets released in December with the d2c it will be classified as 2019 releasesso we won’t know what they are for several more months. I also don’t see Lego doing juniors for this line

Lego doing Juniors sets for Harry Potter wouldn’t even make sense. HP is a theme that appeals to all ages but the movies and books get darker and more adult themed towards the end. Doing affordable normal sets is fine for a theme like this. Juniors sets would just be weird considering that Harry Potter is not a children’s movie in the way that something like Incredibles 2 is. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Lego doing Juniors sets for Harry Potter wouldn’t even make sense. HP is a theme that appeals to all ages but the movies and books get darker and more adult themed towards the end. Doing affordable normal sets is fine for a theme like this. Juniors sets would just be weird considering that Harry Potter is not a children’s movie in the way that something like Incredibles 2 is. 

And then there's Jurassic world.

14 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Looks like we’re getting a molded Niffler!

Edit: Sorry, didn’t notice that it was already posted about.

Guess it comes with the Newt's Briefcase set.

6 hours ago, deskp said:

Jurassic World makes a lot more sense. Kids love dinosaurs and will buy sets with them regardless of what movie they’re tied to. My cousin is a perfect example of that. He’s four years old and has no idea what Jurassic Park is but wants all the new Juniors sets because of the awesome dinosaurs. I can’t see kids buying Juniors HP sets without knowing about the movies. 

The first two movies are definitely children's movies, even the early Lego sets for those movies are built similar to the Juniors sets of today.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to have a few Juniors sets. It would be nice just because of the specially printed elements that always end up included in Juniors sets.

Juniors is a major on-ramp for younger kids to the world of all things LEGO. If the regular HP sets sell well and the line continues, I think a few Juniors sets would be entirely possible if not probable. The subject matter — at least in the early movies/books — is no more mature than Batman, Superman, Ninjago, Jurassic, etc. 

Having said that, I've seen zero evidence that there are any HP Juniors sets planned for this year, or at all.

I highly doubt they will ever make Juniors Harry Potter sets. Juniors sets appeal to 4-6 year olds and its rare that any kid that age would be looking for Harry Potter toys.

The only reason they do stuff like Batman, Jurassic World, Marvel, etc is because little kids love heroes and dinosaurs. 

10 hours ago, deskp said:

In Jurassic junior sets you can get easy builds with cool dinos and a cheap price. What the point of Harry Potter junior sets would be?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In Jurassic junior sets you can get easy builds with cool dinos and a cheap price. What the point of Harry Potter junior sets would be?

Exactly. I doubt any little kid can even pronounce the name "Hermione".

8 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I highly doubt they will ever make Juniors Harry Potter sets. Juniors sets appeal to 4-6 year olds and its rare that any kid that age would be looking for Harry Potter toys.

The only reason they do stuff like Batman, Jurassic World, Marvel, etc is because little kids love heroes and dinosaurs. 

Do you have a 4-6 year old? Have you met one? Because my 3 year old knows exactly who Harry Potter is despite never having read the books, seen the movies, or otherwise being exposed to the character. I have no idea how he knows... but I do know that in a year or two he will be begging me for a Harry Potter Juniors set, if such a set exists.

Kids don't need to have read the books to enjoy HP. Give them a "good guy", a "bad guy", a cool magical animal, and maybe some of those new colourful blast pieces for spells, and they can make their own stories. Then, as they grow up, they will hopefully read the books, and want to get the "regular" Lego sets.

5 hours ago, strangely said:

The first two movies are definitely children's movies, even the early Lego sets for those movies are built similar to the Juniors sets of today.

Well almost everything Lego made around that time look like today's junior sets, no wonder they nearly went bankrupt :wacko:

We will for sure not see any junior sets this wave, but if the sets are popular (99% sure they will be). We might see them in future waves, the junior sets are expanding across more themes every year..

Personally I do not mind as long as they are in addition to the normal sets and not taking spots from them in the line up.. Minifigs in junior sets are probably useless, but they may include some interesting pieces with a high chance of more animal moulds :grin:

35 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Kids don't need to have read the books to enjoy HP. Give them a "good guy", a "bad guy", a cool magical animal, and maybe some of those new colourful blast pieces for spells, and they can make their own stories.

Good point. So, I think that Juniors HP sets (if there will be) won't be based on the scenes from movie or book (as Juniors sets usually don't) but will only representate some well-known characters.

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Do you have a 4-6 year old? Have you met one? Because my 3 year old knows exactly who Harry Potter is despite never having read the books, seen the movies, or otherwise being exposed to the character. I have no idea how he knows... but I do know that in a year or two he will be begging me for a Harry Potter Juniors set, if such a set exists.

Your anecdote aside, you’re trying to reason with someone who is clearly unwilling to accept a worldview outside their own. 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Well almost everything Lego made around that time look like today's junior sets, no wonder they nearly went bankrupt :wacko:

Some of the early HP sets were particularly simple though, I mean there was like three sets that had cardboard walls rather than brick built... Which is maybe a bit more junior than some of the other sets of the time.

Edited by strangely