Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I think that if there is in fact 4 sets coming then at least one is a FB set..

A new book has leaked with a Hermione fig, could be the same we have talked about earlier, I get confused by all the books :wacko:

4 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I think shrieking shack and knight bus are too big for a 265 piece set, perhaps the greenhouse, death eater attack scene from GOF

Last Knight Bus only had fifteen more pieces. The OG Knight Bus had 243. Right in the middle this new one would be. Maybe it's more sleek as lego has been downsizing vehicles of late. And to keep the $30 price tag. 

Edited by RODDY

9 hours ago, RODDY said:

Last Knight Bus only had fifteen more pieces. The OG Knight Bus had 243. Right in the middle this new one would be. Maybe it's more sleek as lego has been downsizing vehicles of late. And to keep the $30 price tag. 

But on the other hand, I could see the, combining privet drive and the knigh bus into one £60/$60 set, with 6 minifigs: harry, Stan shunpike, Ernie prang, Vernon, petunia, Dudley and then Sirius in animagus form Andy hedwig of course- kinda like the whomping willow being combined with a section of hogwarts into one £60/$60 set

12 hours ago, Legoniche said:

But on the other hand, I could see the, combining privet drive and the knigh bus into one £60/$60 set, with 6 minifigs: harry, Stan shunpike, Ernie prang, Vernon, petunia, Dudley and then Sirius in animagus form Andy hedwig of course- kinda like the whomping willow being combined with a section of hogwarts into one £60/$60 set

I would love to see a new Privet Dr. set. It’s long overdue...and we didn’t even get two family members.

I would be really surprised, considering the old-gen Harry Potter, if we didn't get Hagrid's house. Personally i would like a new attempt at Privet Drive no4, which in my opinion is the worst HP-set so far. 

I also hope that lego explore some builds they haven't produced before, and not only upgrading the older builds. 

2 hours ago, sesse said:

I would be really surprised, considering the old-gen Harry Potter, if we didn't get Hagrid's house. Personally i would like a new attempt at Privet Drive no4, which in my opinion is the worst HP-set so far. 

I also hope that lego explore some builds they haven't produced before, and not only upgrading the older builds. 

I agree, I was really surprised that Hagrid‘s hut wasn‘t part of the first wave. In hindsight, that‘s a good thing though since they could now add Fang or Buckbeak which they couldn‘t have done this year (the budget was already stretched as far as it could) :wink: And Privet drive is definitely overdue for an update. I wouldn‘t necessarily call it the worst set, but it’s certainly outdated.

The whomping willow counts as a new build, doesn‘t it? At least that part of the set :grin:

8 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

No rumoured d2c set for 2019? Diagon alley?

It‘s a tad too early for that :wink: We’ll know once the list of all D2Cs that are scheduled to be released in 2019 appears. Some D2C sets are already rumoured (the usual pair of SW ones and a JP/JW set), but the list with placeholder names hasn’t shown up yet, at least as far as I know :classic:

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s a tad too early for that :wink: We’ll know once the list of all D2Cs that are scheduled to be released in 2019 appears. Some D2C sets are already rumoured (the usual pair of SW ones and a JP/JW set), but the list with placeholder names hasn’t shown up yet, at least as far as I know :classic:

Thanks for the info! :) 

I just got the polybag with the Donald Duck magazin in Norway :excited:

Maybe next year we get a dementor polybag if we are lucky :wink:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

What Polybag?

6 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

No rumoured d2c set for 2019? Diagon alley?

Wait about a month, last year the full D2C list leaked around New Year's. 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:02 AM, Lego-Freak said:

I agree, I was really surprised that Hagrid‘s hut wasn‘t part of the first wave. In hindsight, that‘s a good thing though since they could now add Fang or Buckbeak which they couldn‘t have done this year (the budget was already stretched as far as it could) :wink: And Privet drive is definitely overdue for an update. I wouldn‘t necessarily call it the worst set, but it’s certainly outdated.

The whomping willow counts as a new build, doesn‘t it? At least that part of the set :grin:

A new Hagrid's hut would be an absolute must-have for me, Hagrid was always my favorite character I'd love to get the new figure in a cheaper set. Especially if it came with a new Buckbeak and Fang!

Edited by ToaDraco

If any of you have kids (or, just for yourselves :wink:  ) this book is SO cute! There are scenes from all of the movies to decorate with stickers, including a big fold out poster of Hogsmeade at Christmas and Hogwarts grounds. There are a couple of things/characters depicted that haven't made it into the 2018 wave but they're either based on old sets or more cartoony than Lego.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1912707780/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by LegoSims20

On 12/7/2018 at 12:36 AM, LegoSims20 said:

If any of you have kids (or, just for yourselves :wink:  ) this book is SO cute! There are scenes from all of the movies to decorate with stickers, including a big fold out poster of Hogsmeade at Christmas and Hogwarts grounds. There are a couple of things/characters depicted that haven't made it into the 2018 wave but they're either based on old sets or more cartoony than Lego.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1912707780/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are there stickers inside, that can be used for Lego-Harry Potter builds? Like House-crests or portraits?

That book is Beautiful, features a new fang mold draw, the new Buckbeak mold that we see in another book and Hedwig flying mold!

Edited by ETELENZOS92

It‘s really hard to tell if those are previews for next year‘s sets or just the artist‘s interpretation (and I agree, the artwork is fantastic!). Instead of redesigning Buckbeak, they could‘ve just repurposed the 2004 mould, but they chose not to. Let‘s hope this is indication for what might await us :sweet: 

Moreover, this year‘s sets have been more creature-focused than previous iterations of the theme (Aragog, the Basilisk, Fawkes, a Thestral, Hedwig, Scabbers, Nagini, Crookshanks, a Niffler, a Bowtruckle, the suitcase beasts and a Dementor), mainly to tie it in with FB in all likelihood, but maybe that trend continues next year :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

12 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

That book is Beautiful, features a new fang mold draw, the new Buckbeak mold that we see in another book and Hedwig flying mold!

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news - but there's a chance some of this stuff is just the imagination of the writers of the book. :cry_sad:

Nexoknights had a book (Titled "The Book of Monsters") with tons of new characters with new molds and none of them ever saw the light of day. In fact, the second wave had figures that were not present in the Nexoknights book.

Even though there's a chance this stuff won't be made - i still have my fingers crossed for new molds of all these characters. :cry_happy:

A lot of the stickers are already in Lego form and the ones that are not new looks realistic! Lego have a new fresh mould budget for the next wave and since the 1 priority moulds already are made for this wave anything can happen. A new buckbeak I think is highly likely, fang or a flying owl mould is not that far-fetched either, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping at least they will show up :wub:

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

A lot of the stickers are already in Lego form and the ones that are not new looks realistic! Lego have a new fresh mould budget for the next wave and since the 1 priority moulds already are made for this wave anything can happen. A new buckbeak I think is highly likely, fang or a flying owl mould is not that far-fetched either, so I am crossing my fingers and hoping at least they will show up :wub:

I agree, they’ve introduced so many new reusable moulds this year that there’s no real need for new ones apart from animals and fantastic beasts :wink: Most characters they haven’t done yet can easily be realised with existing moulds (e.g. Sirius, Tonks or Bellatrix), so that should leave a substantial portion of the budget to creature moulds.

Of course one could argue against that by citing the circumstance that the 2011 wave didn’t do this either, but then again the 2010 sets only introduced three moulds (the now overused slicked-back hair, Bellatrix’ hairpiece and the updates owl) and 1 new cloth piece, so obviously the budget is much much higher this time around :wink:

On 12/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Roebuck said:

Donald Duck magazine? Is that normal? I will have to take a look around here in Sweden then.... Cheers 

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

On 12/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Donald Duck magazine? Is that normal? I will have to take a look around here in Sweden then.... Cheers 

Yes, I guess it have been Lego polybags in Donald every 4-8 weeks this year, so I was just waiting for Harry to show up there and the patience paid of :wink: