Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There’s a Harry Potter event at that time but I’m pretty sure the Lego promotion will run for the entire day. It’s free with $75+ Lego purchases and employees here told me that every store will only be getting 8 packs. 

8 packs, really? I hope someone is mistaken, as these were produced for Toys R Us, which had well over double the retail locations of Barnes and Noble. Maybe 8 after they squirrel away the rest to scalp on their lunch break. Only having just over 5K of these to go around would be some Mr. Gold levels of trolling on LEGO's part. It's only the most popular children's franchise of the last twenty years.

5 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

8 packs, really? I hope someone is mistaken, as these were produced for Toys R Us, which had well over double the retail locations of Barnes and Noble. Maybe 8 after they squirrel away the rest to scalp on their lunch break. Only having just over 5K of these to go around would be some Mr. Gold levels of trolling on LEGO's part. It's only the most popular children's franchise of the last twenty years.

That’s what I was told about a month ago at my local store. I’m out of town right now but was able to get to a Barnes and Noble about 30 minutes after they opened, and when I was checking out it looked like I had gotten the second to last set in the store. 

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My brother and I got to Barnes and Noble right when they opened and got a Bricktober pack each, they had at least a whole case, definitely more than 8

I got to the nearest Barnes and Noble ~10 min prior to opening and asked when I was checking out about quantities.  The clerk said that there was only a single box/container and had it behind the counter.  It looked like the  box could hold 12, possibly as high as 16 individual sets.

I went to Barnes and Noble right when it opened and was able to get a minifigure pack by buying the Hogwarts Express.  The employee I asked about the promotion didn't know about it at first and I had to show him the sign that was placed in the LEGO section for him to confirm that such a promotion existed.  But regardless, I now have the pack, and can spend the day building my new Hogwarts Express! :classic:

I went almost three hours after opening, and they still had quite a few packs left behind the counter. It looked like two cases, one still looked sealed and mine looked to be the third or fourth out of the other.

My Barnes & Noble had four cases behind the counter at 9am. So way more than 8 packs!

Edited by tman684

17 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I live in the UK- can anyone tell me if it’s worth just buying one on eBay- are they even going to be released here?

It's not looking likely for us. 

3 hours ago, nikhkin said:

It's not looking likely for us. 

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a happier note- leaks are comin’ In fast on Instagram, hopefully a HP leak, possible, it would very nice, however unlikely 

I was really hoping for a January wave, even a small one, but seeing as the catalog has leaked, and there’s no wizarding world content anywhere to be seen, it’s not looking very likely.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I was really hoping for a January wave, even a small one, but seeing as the catalog has leaked, and there’s no wizarding world content anywhere to be seen, it’s not looking very likely.

Oh well. At least we'll be able to get our budgets sorted.

Either way, it means that whatever we get in 2019 will be all the more magical for it. 

21 minutes ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Oh well. At least we'll be able to get our budgets sorted.

Either way, it means that whatever we get in 2019 will be all the more magical for it. 

Oh the Budgets lol

On 11/18/2018 at 12:23 AM, Legoniche said:

I live in the UK- can anyone tell me if it’s worth just buying one on eBay- are they even going to be released here?

I'm in the UK also... I made the decision a month or two ago to bite the bullet and buy a few packs on Bricklink for Europe (cost me about 50 euro each including postage. Was able to keep one and sell the others to allow a few others to get them at a cheaper price than the scalpers on eBay. I would do it again as I do not believe that they will ever become available in the UK.

I hope some 2019 information becomes available soon now that all the 2018 promos are over. I’ve given up hope for anything in January, but hopefully some info for next year starts leaking

Just now, topiku said:

75945 - 74958 are rumored for a 2HY release. Only four sets unfortunately :(

What does 2HY stand for again :laugh:

15 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

What does 2HY stand for again :laugh:

Second half year- 1HY stands for first half year, unfortunately they’re coming after June, rip 

22 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Second half year- 1HY stands for first half year, unfortunately they’re coming after June, rip 

Actually it’s after May. 1HY lasts from January-May. While 2HY is June-December 

35 minutes ago, topiku said:

75945 - 74958 are rumored for a 2HY release. Only four sets unfortunately

That doesn't seem right, 75945? Shouldn't it be a continuation, starting with -57 or something?

4 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

That doesn't seem right, 75945? Shouldn't it be a continuation, starting with -57 or something?

Not always, they can jump about a bit, often sets can be delayed or take longer to be released (Betrayal on Cloud city is a good example of this, it was several numbers behind many previously released sets).

4 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

It's 75945-75948. Not 75958. Honestly though I don't mind a small wave as long as we get Diagon Alley and a Lockhart. Those two are essential to me everything else is extra. 

Edited by RODDY