Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

37 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I really hope we get at least 2 waves of sets in 2019. It would be ridiculous for Lego not to after literally how big the release was this past summer. Every set was sold out in my Lego store every time they had a shipping day!

If we get one wave in 2019 I am happy (if we are unlucky next wave is in 2020), everything above that is a bonus.. Hardly think they will do 2 waves next year unless they do 1 HP and 1 FB for some reason.. Lego can keep this line going until 2024 backed by the new films (not that I think they need them to keep the hype going), so they are in no hurry to flood the marked with sets :wink:

On 11/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, Legoniche said:

What are everybody’s top 3 wizarding world minifig of 2018 ?

That is tough, Lego really went all out. I really believe they put everything into this theme to make it sell. Hagrid is a great update, Richard Harris Dumbledoore is great, Moody is great, Graves is great, Newt from the minifig series is really good. I dunno, there’s so many great ones.

15 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

That is tough, Lego really went all out. I really believe they put everything into this theme to make it sell. Hagrid is a great update, Richard Harris Dumbledoore is great, Moody is great, Graves is great, Newt from the minifig series is really good. I dunno, there’s so many great ones.

Richard Harris was lacking a cape for me - he looks so much better with one
and Graves is my personal favourite figure - but they should have chosen the recent Dr. Strance hairpiece, including the side printing.

Objectively I gotta choose: Hagrid (perfect in every way), Moody (spot on prints + perfect hair, even though Snape's hair piece would have been fine) and Hermione (looks sooo much like kid-Hermione, while Harry and Ron rather look like caricatures - which is still fine)

On 11/3/2018 at 6:37 AM, Legoniche said:

What are everybody’s top 3 wizarding world minifig of 2018 ?

Moody, Hagrid, and Dobby. Has anyone heard anything about the Diagon alley promo in America? i have emailed lego.com and called, but i have received better information on here. I would hate to keep waiting to buy $100, when it will never come...

3 hours ago, DocStrange said:

Moody, Hagrid, and Dobby. Has anyone heard anything about the Diagon alley promo in America? i have emailed lego.com and called, but i have received better information on here. I would hate to keep waiting to buy $100, when it will never come...

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/11/03/lego-harry-potter-40289-diagon-alley-gift-with-purchase-available-nov-9-21-review/#more-122491

Remember when they made a set showing micro-scale versions of the first few modular buildings? Now imagine these five diagon alley buildings as five separate modular building style sets. I would definitely get that! The Ninjago "modular building" ran out of material after two sets, but diagon alley is worth at least five sets!

In the UK, I'm weighing up whether I want to either:

a. Buy The Great Hall and get a free Diagon Alley. 

b. Buy Diagon Alley from eBay when it goes down in price and wait for a sale on TGH. 

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

In the UK, I'm weighing up whether I want to either:

a. Buy The Great Hall and get a free Diagon Alley. 

b. Buy Diagon Alley from eBay when it goes down in price and wait for a sale on TGH. 

I think either way would pretty much cost the same, but if you get the GH from Lego now at least you will definitely have DA. Both should also come in good condition from Lego and you'll get a few VIP points. :)

19 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If we get one wave in 2019 I am happy (if we are unlucky next wave is in 2020), everything above that is a bonus.. Hardly think they will do 2 waves next year unless they do 1 HP and 1 FB for some reason.. Lego can keep this line going until 2024 backed by the new films (not that I think they need them to keep the hype going), so they are in no hurry to flood the marked with sets :wink:

Yeah I agree. Also I kinda hope they take things slowly unlike last time because 1: my wallet would hurt otherwise and 2: if they'll rush the sets they won't be able to put the amount of care and detail in the sets we got this wave with lots of new molds. I don't want it to be over within 2 years like in 2010 and 2011. Besides if they wanna cover everything they'll need this time. Only problem could be that if they'll go on with this connectable Hogwarts idea the first sets won't be available when the castle is complete, resulting into newcomers missing out on some important parts. So just like Star Wars I could see them releasing an updated version of important sets like a Great Hall for example every few years, contributing to this theme being able to go evergreen.

"I’m really sorry to hear you’re unhappy about the Diagon Alley™ promotional sets not being available in the US at the moment. I understand how upsetting this must be. I have looked into this for you and unfortunately I am unable to confirm whether or not or when the Diagon Alley™ promotional sets will be available in the US neither can I confirm what date the Harry Potter™ Bricktober sets will be available but the Harry Potter™ Bricktober sets will be available in the US this year. As both promotions are quite recent to the UK orders, I would recommend to keep a look out on the LEGO® shop website just in case. "

from the Lego company themselves

1 hour ago, DocStrange said:

"I’m really sorry to hear you’re unhappy about the Diagon Alley™ promotional sets not being available in the US at the moment. I understand how upsetting this must be. I have looked into this for you and unfortunately I am unable to confirm whether or not or when the Diagon Alley™ promotional sets will be available in the US neither can I confirm what date the Harry Potter™ Bricktober sets will be available but the Harry Potter™ Bricktober sets will be available in the US this year. As both promotions are quite recent to the UK orders, I would recommend to keep a look out on the LEGO® shop website just in case. "

Both promotions?! Is the bricktober pack in the U.K. too?

Not surprisingly, the Diagon Alley promotional set went to “out of stock free item” on the Australian Lego S@H within ~6 hours. No word on whether they will restocking but given the promo hasn’t begun in other parts of the world yet I suspect the local allocation is exhausted.

2 hours ago, DocStrange said:

Goes against their own website...

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Diagon-Alley-40289

6 hours ago, Markalus said:

Not surprisingly, the Diagon Alley promotional set went to “out of stock free item” on the Australian Lego S@H within ~6 hours. No word on whether they will restocking but given the promo hasn’t begun in other parts of the world yet I suspect the local allocation is exhausted.

Ahhh.. how did I miss this on the Australian S@H? I’ve been searching for it on there for days and it’s never come up for me? What’s it come up under? 

2 hours ago, AusMinifig said:

Ahhh.. how did I miss this on the Australian S@H? I’ve been searching for it on there for days and it’s never come up for me? What’s it come up under? 

Bugger. I saw on Facebook that it was live. Hopefully they restock as scalpers are asking stupid prices on EBay already.

39 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Bugger. I saw on Facebook that it was live. Hopefully they restock as scalpers are asking stupid prices on EBay already.

Thanks, missed the boat on this one. Ugh scalpers... :hmpf_bad: I need to be faster than them next time hahaha.. I wish LEGO would make these sets and the Bricktober packs regularly available, obviously they are popular enough. Why do they do it this way? Seems that the scalpers are the winners in these cases. I bought all the HP and FB sets on day one release. I’d rather hand my money over to TLG so they can keep making these sorts of awesome sets! 

25 minutes ago, AusMinifig said:

Thanks, missed the boat on this one. Ugh scalpers... :hmpf_bad: I need to be faster than them next time hahaha.. I wish LEGO would make these sets and the Bricktober packs regularly available, obviously they are popular enough. Why do they do it this way? Seems that the scalpers are the winners in these cases. I bought all the HP and FB sets on day one release. I’d rather hand my money over to TLG so they can keep making these sorts of awesome sets! 

Clever marketing really. I bought a set I had no intention of getting - Winter village Fire Station - just to get the promotional set. I’m sure the 2018 HP sets will be one of the biggest sellers for TLG but I’d love to know the effect that HP promotional sets has on sales of other themes. 

7 hours ago, Markalus said:

Clever marketing really. I bought a set I had no intention of getting - Winter village Fire Station - just to get the promotional set. I’m sure the 2018 HP sets will be one of the biggest sellers for TLG but I’d love to know the effect that HP promotional sets has on sales of other themes. 

Very true.  I have no interest in the Fantastic Beasts sets (except for the Thestral), but now I feel compelled to decide whether I can afford to/commit to buy the "UCS" Hogwarts Castle this Friday when the promotion goes live in the US.  Too, for some reason it's showing double VIP points right now.  It'll be interesting to see if that's still the case when Diagon Alley becomes available.

Edited by RogueTwo

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Very true.  I have no interest in the Fantastic Beasts sets (except for the Thestral), but now I feel compelled to decide whether I can afford to/commit to buy the "UCS" Hogwarts Castle this Friday when the promotion goes live in the US.  Too, for some reason it's showing double VIP points right now.  It'll be interesting to see if that's still the case when Diagon Alley becomes available.

Me too. I've just caved and bought the "UCS" Hogwarts when I had little interest in it before. I did want the four minifigures, so considering they're going for a ridiculous £150 approx on ebay and then with the free DA (for Ollivander) and double points (UCS Hogwarts and Winter Fire Station are double VIP for November in UK) I thought all in all I might as well just buy the set. It will give me a nice building project for the foreseeable and I can either pack it away after or use it for parts. 

Lego got me good. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

4 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Is it confirmed that the only promotions that are happening currently are the HP bricktober pack and the DA set? There are no other promotions in the near future, yes?

The bricktober pack isn’t a confirmed promotion. It was in the US through Barnes and Noble. But has not been a Lego shop promotion anyway.

21 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

The UCS Hogwarts has double points throughout all of November in the US. 

1 hour ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

No, but I am saying that are there any other new promotional sets that we are not knowing about? I am thinking that no, but I just am wanting to make sure.

In HP/FB or in general do you mean?

Edited by Roebuck

There is official confirmation that the bricktober pack will be given away at Barnes and nobles on November 17th only with any LEGO purchase of $75 or more