Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The initial wave is usually the largest, I thus wouldn’t expect more than five sets for next summer :wink:

That’s not really accurate. Both superheroes lines have had quite consistent wave sizes, Jurassic World got a bigger second wave (granted a different movie, but still). Speed Champions has kept a consistent amount too, as has minecraft. Next year I’d say we’ll get atleast the same amount, if not more, considering we could have 2 waves

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

That’s not really accurate. Both superheroes lines have had quite consistent wave sizes, Jurassic World got a bigger second wave (granted a different movie, but still). Speed Champions has kept a consistent amount too, as has minecraft. 

The Superheroes lines are evergreen themes, they don't really count IMO :tongue: Jurassic World is also a special case since there was a two-year gap in-between, so it could technically be considered a reboot of sorts rather than an additional wave. Minecraft on the other hand is quite a weird theme when it comes to wave size (the largest one was this spring for some reason), I'll give you that :grin:

I was more thinking of themes like Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, and previous incarnations of Harry Potter where the wave size was usually diminished wave after wave :wink:

I don't put my money on a second CMF WW wave soon. There are not that many characters missing atm (considering the Bricktober pack and the Micro Diagon Alley).

Has anyone a list of (possible) missing minifigures?

2 hours ago, Maxim I said:

I don't put my money on a second CMF WW wave soon. There are not that many characters missing atm (considering the Bricktober pack and the Micro Diagon Alley).

Has anyone a list of (possible) missing minifigures?

You could easily fill a second Wave. Just on the top of my head: Lockhart, Greyback, Bellatrix, Lucius Malfoy, Narzissa Malfoy, Teenager Malfoy, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, Dolohov, Crabbe and Goyle, Pavarti, Lavender, Fudge, Sirius, Kingsley, The Dursleys, Other Houseghosts, Seamus Finnegan, A generic Deatheater, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch Players, Prof. Sprout, Mr. Weasly, Mrs Weasly, Percy, Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, Ginny, Wormtail, Fleur, Krumm, Griphook, Nicolas Flamell, Nagini (human form), Tonks, Cormac Mclaggan, Earny Shumpike, younger Tom Riddle, Myrthe, the Carrows, the Snatcher, Rita Skeeter, Scrimgour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aberforth Dumbledore, Mundungus Fletcher and Kreacher. (plus Book-only Characters like Ludo Bagman, Peeves or Prof. Binns, but i doubt that)

Edited by Kyp

14 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The initial wave is usually the largest, I thus wouldn’t expect more than five sets for next summer :wink:

BTW, in case you‘ve missed it: some people probably were expecting a second WW CMF series in 2019, but that won‘t happen this soon since next year‘s licensed CMF series is a second Disney series. Not too suprising, they probably learned from the Simpsons and TLBM series not to release two series from the same franchise in a row :grin: Maybe in 2020, to coincide with the third FB movie?

Sorry for going off topic, but when was a Disney series 2 confirmed? Where can I find out more about it?

46 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Sorry for going off topic, but when was a Disney series 2 confirmed? Where can I find out more about it?

I hope the book includes a new version of the *houseless* robes we got in the original sorting hat set back in the day. They'll probably include Harry again but it would be nice if it was Ginny.

20 hours ago, Kyp said:

You could easily fill a second Wave. Just on the top of my head: Lockhart, Greyback, Bellatrix, Lucius Malfoy, Narzissa Malfoy, Teenager Malfoy, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, Dolohov, Crabbe and Goyle, Pavarti, Lavender, Fudge, Sirius, Kingsley, The Dursleys, Other Houseghosts, Seamus Finnegan, A generic Deatheater, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch Players, Prof. Sprout, Mr. Weasly, Mrs Weasly, Percy, Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, Ginny, Wormtail, Fleur, Krumm, Griphook, Nicolas Flamell, Nagini (human form), Tonks, Cormac Mclaggan, Earny Shumpike, younger Tom Riddle, Myrthe, the Carrows, the Snatcher, Rita Skeeter, Scrimgour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aberforth Dumbledore, Mundungus Fletcher and Kreacher. (plus Book-only Characters like Ludo Bagman, Peeves or Prof. Binns, but i doubt that)

There are enough characters, but they need to save some for the sets, especially if this theme is meant to be "evergreen"

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

There are enough characters, but they need to save some for the sets, especially if this theme is meant to be "evergreen"

Yes plenty of characters, only from the new FB movie are we missing 10 of the main cast, in HP many more.. While I am fairly certain we will get a new series, I do not think Lego will rush it.. If they are planning to release sets at least until 2024, they have plenty of time for a new CMF series, I guess 2020 is earliest they will do it :wink:

On 10/29/2018 at 11:30 PM, Lego-Freak said:

The Superheroes lines are evergreen themes, they don't really count IMO :tongue: Jurassic World is also a special case since there was a two-year gap in-between, so it could technically be considered a reboot of sorts rather than an additional wave. Minecraft on the other hand is quite a weird theme when it comes to wave size (the largest one was this spring for some reason), I'll give you that :grin:

I was more thinking of themes like Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, and previous incarnations of Harry Potter where the wave size was usually diminished wave after wave :wink:

Thing is Harry Potter could be evergreen, we just don’t know yet.

The calender on Instagram in is German, so I might have this wrong, but it looks like Diagon Alley will be available from 5-21 November with €80 purchases. 

41 minutes ago, Seaber said:

The calender on Instagram in is German, so I might have this wrong, but it looks like Diagon Alley will be available from 5-21 November with €80 purchases. 

The UK November 2018 store calendar can now be viewed at https://www.lego.com/en-gb/stores. Diagon Alley is indeed available between 5-21 November and with purchases over £80 in the UK.

I think some people are getting WAYYY to caught up with the whole ‘they’ve included main characters in minifig series and bricktober so they won’t appear In sets and therefore the line isn’t going to last’ business- I’ve said if before- characters have multiple costumes- take mad eye moody for example, yes, his main costume is that of the one in the minifig series, but he also appears without his jacket on, look at the old Lego mad eye moody, the torso would resemble more of that look- furthermore umbridge doesn’t always wear that lighter pink sweater- again look at her previous minifig form, doesn’t have the pink sweater because it’s a different version, there’s different costumes for slughorn, hooch, trelawny, even flitwick was played by a different actor in the first 2 films offering a version of him- point is, I do feel like, this could be an evergreen theme, simple because there are so many characters which all have different costumes, and so there is room for more minifig series and sets without using up every version of characters- I mean there are 3 sirius’ Lego could do, the Azkaban costume, the christmas dinner costume, the order of the Phoenix costume 

1 minute ago, Legoniche said:

I think some people are getting WAYYY to caught up with the whole ‘they’ve included main characters in minifig series and bricktober so they won’t appear In sets and therefore the line isn’t going to last’ business- I’ve said if before- characters have multiple costumes- take mad eye moody for example, yes, his main costume is that of the one in the minifig series, but he also appears without his jacket on, look at the old Lego mad eye moody, the torso would resemble more of that look- furthermore umbridge doesn’t always wear that lighter pink sweater- again look at her previous minifig form, doesn’t have the pink sweater because it’s a different version, there’s different costumes for slughorn, hooch, trelawny, even flitwick was played by a different actor in the first 2 films offering a version of him- point is, I do feel like, this could be an evergreen theme, simple because there are so many characters which all have different costumes, and so there is room for more minifig series and sets without using up every version of characters- I mean there are 3 sirius’ Lego could do, the Azkaban costume, the christmas dinner costume, the order of the Phoenix costume 

Also, Lego were probably playing it safe by making sure they covered a lot of people’s favourite characters in the first wave incase it didn’t catch on. This wave is a huge risk for Lego, to bring back Harry Potter again without a new movie is risky, the hobbit shared characters and actors with LOTR, unlike fantastic Beasts, which shares dumbledore, but that’s about it. And it’s a theme they’ve had to kill quite a few times before. Just incase it crashed and burned, I think they wanted to make Die Garda happy, giving us 50+ Minifigures in the first year.

8 hours ago, Legoniche said:

...even flitwick was played by a different actor in the first 2 films...

Nope, that was also Warwick Davis :wink: The reason he looks so different is that they didn‘t have a role for Flitwick in PoA but still wanted Davis to play a character, so they made him the choir conductor. From GoF onwards, this new character was then retconned as Flitwick :purrr:

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, that was also Warwick Davis :wink: The reason he looks so different is that they didn‘t have a role for Flitwick in PoA but still wanted Davis to play a character, so they made him the choir conductor. From GoF onwards, this new character was then retconned as Flitwick :purrr:

OH yeahhhhhh- I did know that I think it slipped my memory aha- thanks for reminding me, what I meant was two versions or two variations 

15 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Also, Lego were probably playing it safe by making sure they covered a lot of people’s favourite characters in the first wave incase it didn’t catch on. This wave is a huge risk for Lego, to bring back Harry Potter again without a new movie is risky, the hobbit shared characters and actors with LOTR, unlike fantastic Beasts, which shares dumbledore, but that’s about it. And it’s a theme they’ve had to kill quite a few times before. Just incase it crashed and burned, I think they wanted to make Die Garda happy, giving us 50+ Minifigures in the first year.

Exactly! And to be honest I’m extremely grateful by how much we got and how many characters we got at the moment

On 10/29/2018 at 6:30 PM, Lego-Freak said:

There were four waves of Indiana Jones, only one of which was smaller than the previous wave. Two of them were actually larger.

4 hours ago, Legoniche said:

What are everybody’s top 3 wizarding world minifig of 2018 ?

Hhmm tricky one ... but probably Hagrid, Filch and Quidditch Harry. I love the new Hagrid with his lantern and umbrella and Filch's expression is really good. On the other hand, Quidditch Harry isn't even the most accurate (no printing on legs), but he is just so super cute with that little red cape. :)

8 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I gotta admit, I like both Dumbledore figures a lot. But the Richard Harris version just takes the cake for me. I’d also say Professor Trealwnay and Mad Eye Moody are among my favourites too. 

11 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Neville, Lupin (werewolf eyes), and Slughorn. 

Did anyone notice that when mp bricks put out a bunch of the leaks, he put out a Wizarding World promotional image? Maybe we might get winter sets after all (Lockhart please Lockhart)

Edited by RODDY

19 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Probably Hagrid, CMF Dumbledore and Moody

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

Did anyone notice that when *** put out a bunch of the leaks, he put out a Wizarding World promotional image? Maybe we might get winter sets after all (Lockhart please Lockhart)

Meh if it means anything (which I doubt) it probably is about that book with an unknown figure. I think it's kinda too late for leaks of winter sets now. 

On 11/3/2018 at 4:37 AM, Legoniche said:

There are so many! I’ll say Graves, Hagrid, and Trelawny.

I really hope we get at least 2 waves of sets in 2019. It would be ridiculous for Lego not to after literally how big the release was this past summer. Every set was sold out in my Lego store every time they had a shipping day!