Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, DocStrange said:

it looks like the set will have an archway, one character,the sorting hat, a treasure chest, and a book. it could just be me though.

That about sums it up from what I can tell

Is this another book with a minifig or one we have talked about earlier? Get confused with all the books sounding more or less the same :wacko:

Another hint that we will get a new wave next year I guess :shrug_oh_well:

If it is sorting hat based, I hope we get either a hufflepuff or slytherin as they are the most hard to get of all the house torso’s, although, what would be even better is a hogwarts house neutral torso, that hasn’t got a house, much like the torso in the original set, but updated- let’s be real tho, it’s gunna be harry, and probably a normal gryffindor Harry 

I would like that it includes a random student face with neutral torso and also 4 torsos from each house! That will give you the possibility to "build your own adventure" :excited:

37 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

I would like that it includes a random student face with neutral torso and also 4 torsos from each house! That will give you the possibility to "build your own adventure" :excited:

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if that was the case (and I certainly hope it is :moar:) Now that Lego have finally admitted Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff exist :grin:

I'm guessing the book will be a journey through Hogwarts, presumably building the various classrooms to "learn" spells and potions and whatnot. It could actually be a really useful parts pack if you're looking to expand/MOD the current Hogwarts sets.

15 hours ago, Legoniche said:

let’s be real tho, it’s gunna be harry, and probably a normal gryffindor Harry

Most likely, but another book comes with Hermione so could end up being someone else here also :shrug_oh_well:

On 10/25/2018 at 2:04 AM, DocStrange said:

when is the Diagon alley going to be available in the United States?

According to promobricks.de, the promotion begins on the 5th in Europe and on the 9th in the US: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-40289-winkelgasse-ab-80-euro-mindesteinkauf-erhaeltlich/70194

23 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

This is the wrong thread for this question, but is there any news when 2019 sets will be released? January 1 or March 1?

You mean in general, across all themes? It depends, some themes often get December releases (Ninjago, City) while others are usually released shortly after Christmas (Star Wars) and some themes get new releases on January 1st. It‘s not always consistent either... I think the only confirmed released dates are January for the Overwatch sets and March for the Avengers 4 sets :wink:

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There are 5 Wizarding World sets rumored for winter, right? I’d guess that they’re all for Crimes of Grindelwald and that they’d be January 1st releases.

One source claimed a 1HY release while others instead reported a 2HY date (June, if memory serves me right) :classic: At this point, the latter is more likely, especially when considering the lack of leaks :wink:

9 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

This is the wrong thread for this question, but is there any news when 2019 sets will be released? January 1 or March 1?

You can check on the Lego Leaks Instagram page for the rumours (I am not sending the link here, but you can look for it on Google). There were some rumours that some of the sets would be released in the beginning of the year, but I am thinking that these are not happening because no other news. 

From what I understand there is no WW sets in the retailer catalogue for first half of 2019.. Not impossible that there will be sets in that period, but not likely :def_shrug:

A minifig from a book has leaked, and it is no surprise it is Harry (1 year) :tongue: Nice they included Hedwig at least (and wand, broom and newspaper-tile):thumbup:

23 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You mean in general, across all themes? It depends, some themes often get December releases (Ninjago, City) while others are usually released shortly after Christmas (Star Wars) and some themes get new releases on January 1st. It‘s not always consistent either... I think the only confirmed released dates are January for the Overwatch sets and March for the Avengers 4 sets :wink:

More specifically HP related, since it’s new theme, I’m not sure they will release another wave on January 1 like SW or Supeheroes lines.

9 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

More specifically HP related, since it’s new theme, I’m not sure they will release another wave on January 1 like SW or Supeheroes lines.

Oh, I thought you meant in general since you‘ve mentioned that you weren‘t sure whether this was the right question for this threat (which in this case, it was then :wink:). B2T: I think there’s more proof that indicates a June release than a January one :sceptic:

It’s a shame we get yet another of the same Harry minifig in that book. I really hope the Build Your Own Adventure book has either a different minifig or at least a different version of Harry

I really hope we do get more sets for the crimes of grindlewald, some of the set pieces and creatures look really great. The seaweed water lion dragon thing would be good as a set

12 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I really hope we do get more sets for the crimes of grindlewald, some of the set pieces and creatures look really great. The seaweed water lion dragon thing would be good as a set

If you get more sets for CoG, you would have less HP sets. Is that what you want?

31 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

If you get more sets for CoG, you would have less HP sets. Is that what you want?

Not necessarily, they could easily do 2 separate waves for HP and FB, wouldn’t mean fewer HP sets, just longer in between getting them

5 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

I definitely want more HP sets. But it probably wouldn’t affect it. Harry Potter is the more popular franchise. So they’re gonna obviously do atleast as many. It would just be nice if say, if we got 10 sets next year, it was 6HP and 4FB.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

...if we got 10 sets next year...

The initial wave is usually the largest, I thus wouldn’t expect more than five sets for next summer :wink:

BTW, in case you‘ve missed it: some people probably were expecting a second WW CMF series in 2019, but that won‘t happen this soon since next year‘s licensed CMF series is a second Disney series. Not too suprising, they probably learned from the Simpsons and TLBM series not to release two series from the same franchise in a row :grin: Maybe in 2020, to coincide with the third FB movie?