Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, DocStrange said:

am i the only one who has a problem at spending $75 at Barnes and Nobles? The one near me never has anything that is good plus it usually costs more there than anywhere else.

Not at all. We might luck up, and they'll just sell them like TrU did. I've got the niece's Christmas already lined up, so I'm not going into a B&N and finding $75 worth of LEGO to purchase.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Not at all. We might luck up, and they'll just sell them like TrU did. I've got the niece's Christmas already lined up, so I'm not going into a B&N and finding $75 worth of LEGO to purchase.

You can always go and buy $75 worth and then come back 15 minutes alter and return everything except the brictober pack.  They will take a portion of your refund out for not returning the set, but based on what I paid for mine, they have them valued at $7.11 so that may be what they withhold from your refund.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:41 PM, Scarilian said:

“Ryankroboth” has built a MOC render of the the missing half of Hogwarts Castle. You can view it here. It is still missing a few segments but this is what i am personally hoping we get as a set eventually.

Is there a parts list or anything for this? I’d love to build the second half but I don’t think I could do something like that on my own. 

Has anyone got two Whomping Willow sets and combined them into one big tree? Wondering if it's worth just getting a second tree on top of the set. 

2 hours ago, RyanMe said:

You can always go and buy $75 worth and then come back 15 minutes alter and return everything except the brictober pack.  They will take a portion of your refund out for not returning the set, but based on what I paid for mine, they have them valued at $7.11 so that may be what they withhold from your refund.

I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you mind getting blocked from doing returns (not only at BN) in the future. Apparently there are now companies that have databases of people who return stuff. Once you've returned things too often, they add you to some blacklist, and the worst part is several different stores are using this information. It has happened to people who weren't trying to do anything fishy. Personally I try to return stuff only when I need to.

Looks like the diagon alley set will be a promo in November since there is a picture of it in the Asian store calendar that have just leaked :wink:

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Is there a parts list or anything for this? I’d love to build the second half but I don’t think I could do something like that on my own. 

On Reddit, “Ryankroboth” mentioned that they would be releasing a parts list after the parts have arrived - i believe they intend to build it first to check it all works fine

21 hours ago, DocStrange said:

am i the only one who has a problem at spending $75 at Barnes and Nobles? The one near me never has anything that is good plus it usually costs more there than anywhere else.

Definitely not...the LEGO selection at mine is pretty bad...but it is a bookstore, so...

I’m hoping they’ll sell them outright...or longshot, just spend $75 at the store. That I could do easily. :grin:

A lego store is opening the 23th of this month here in Guadalajara Mexico so hopefully the castle will be cheaper there :) 

I assumed it was gwp, but I decided to get it from eBay since there isn’t any other Lego I need or want at the moment. Plus I had eBay bucks so it was mostly free anyway, woo hoo!

but I agree. I have a hard time buying Lego at Barnes. Not a great selection usually.

Went to my local Barnes and Noble in Michigan. I was told they’d be getting the packs on the 17th of November, they can’t be preordered or held for anyone, and they’ll be gifts with purchase and can’t be bought alone. There was no price for it in their system.

On 10/18/2018 at 6:52 PM, Seaber said:

Has anyone got two Whomping Willow sets and combined them into one big tree? Wondering if it's worth just getting a second tree on top of the set. 

Yes, i have. I bought both the willow and the great hall multiple times, because i'm working on a big MOC Hogwarts. (more on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/user/kyp-the-laughing-man/posts/)

The Willow looks *much* better if you combine two. You keep the Treetrunk as it is, but attach the four additional branches. everything unused from the second Treetrunk can be used in the roots of the Willow. If you do it right, you can make a pretty sweet and organic looking Willow without additional parts needed.

I just built the quidditch set and wanted to move Hermiones head because it was a little off but it‘s not able to move at all!

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem as well?

20 minutes ago, topiku said:

I just built the quidditch set and wanted to move Hermiones head because it was a little off but it‘s not able to move at all!

Yes I have a lot lately. A few HP figs (Dumbledore, Flint) and Star Wars figs. Hermione is definitely one I've had problem with. In fact I asked the same question pages and pages ago when the sets first came out. Other users had experienced similar. They can loosen over time, but I had to use pliers to get a head off so I could put a cape on. 

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes I have a lot lately. A few HP figs (Dumbledore, Flint) and Star Wars figs. Hermione is definitely one I've had problem with. In fact I asked the same question pages and pages ago when the sets first came out. Other users had experienced similar. They can loosen over time, but I had to use pliers to get a head off so I could put a cape on. 

Oh okay that‘s unfortunate. Hope they fix this

3 hours ago, topiku said:

Usually when heads get stuck I turn them with some force and that loosens them. Is that not working for you?

20 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Usually when heads get stuck I turn them with some force and that loosens them. Is that not working for you?

Pretty sure they mean they were trying to turn it.

marcus flints head in my Set was so bad it’s got marks in it now from my managing to move it

18 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

If they are anything like some of my heads, then you simply can't get enough grip or force with your fingers. You need pliers or such like which of course can cause damage to the fig if you are not careful. Sometimes if you then can get them to twist once they will loosen, but we're talking some force to get them moving. Some still stay tight though.

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

If they are anything like some of my heads, then you simply can't get enough grip or force with your fingers. You need pliers or such like which of course can cause damage to the fig if you are not careful. Sometimes if you then can get them to twist once they will loosen, but we're talking some force to get them moving. Some still stay tight though.

Rubber gloves can help in these cases. If even that does not work, then I'd say it's hard to loosen without damaging.

6 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

there's an ad out there about some building event where you can get an exclusive 2-1 build + a figure+poster. Not much more details other than that.

It’s not an event, it’s one of the Build Your Own Adventure books. 

It’s like the book that came with the John Stewart Green Lantern with the little vehicle. It’s a book that comes with some parts to build something small and one minifigure, simple as that. It’s not a set in the traditional sense but it includes Lego pieces and a figure. It looks to me like the sorting ceremony

it looks like the set will have an archway, one character,the sorting hat, a treasure chest, and a book. it could just be me though.