Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

So, anyone knows what is up with Bricktober in Norway? Called the local TRU but got the wrong employee so I’m none the wiser. 

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

So, anyone knows what is up with Bricktober in Norway? Called the local TRU but got the wrong employee so I’m none the wiser. 

I called the Ski store, and they said the promo have started, but they still are waiting for the figs *huh* Said they are posting on facebook when they get them.. Other stores could have them now maybe :def_shrug:

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Still no sign of Bricktober at Barnes and Noble

i´ve lost all hope in portugal to find them...

On 10/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, just_one said:

i´ve lost all hope in portugal to find them...

I went this weekend to a Toys R Us in Spain and they didn't have them, but I bought last year's packs in December. I guess they will show up at the end of this month or so.

I will come back in a couple of weeks.

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

Got mine today in Norway. Free with 499,- purchase

Nice! Quite reasonable purchase limit compared to last year. Which TRU was this?

Edited by LegoFjotten
typo

31 minutes ago, deskp said:

Got mine today in Norway. Free with 499,- purchase

Congratulations :grin: I think I got mine as well, but I do not have it in my hands yet.. A employee I know bought it for me (Sarpsborg) :sweet: I called Ski again this morning and they still did not have it :facepalm: Seems like it is the same problem in Denmark when I checked their facebook page :hmpf: Some shops have it and the rest can not be far from getting it I think :shrug_oh_well:

55 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Nice! Quite reasonable purchase limit compared to last year. Which TRU was this?

23 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Congratulations :grin: I think I got mine as well, but I do not have it in my hands yet.. A employee I know bought it for me (Sarpsborg) :sweet: I called Ski again this morning and they still did not have it :facepalm: Seems like it is the same problem in Denmark when I checked their facebook page :hmpf: Some shops have it and the rest can not be far from getting it I think :shrug_oh_well:

Sarpsborg yea.

Anyone see the new wand frames on IG? Wonder what’s up with that, but hopefully it means some set leaks are coming soon, unless it’s just a mistake from a current set

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone see the new wand frames on IG? Wonder what’s up with that, but hopefully it means some set leaks are coming soon, unless it’s just a mistake from a current set

In my fantastic beasts set I got 2 different wand frames.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not necessarily, sometimes they update parts or moulds mid-run even though there are no new sets on the horizon. A recent example is 2017's First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack where they updated the Stormtrooper helmet to the TLJ version a couple of months after its initial release even though we haven't got any regular TLJ Stormies to this day :wink: When the updated helmet was found a lot of people expected it to show up in a new set, but it never did...

Saw on Instagram that B&N was selling the HP Bricktober pack yesterday (UPC is 673419294300). I called my store this afternoon and they are already out-of-stock (the whole company--not just this store).

So should I pay for one of the overpriced sets being sold online, or do I wait to see if they get more in stock?

I also heard that LEGO Stores might be getting the Bricktober sets in around Christmas. Does anyone know if that includes the Harry Potter set?

If B&N started selling them and ran out, they handled that promo very poorly. I was just in there recently and the only promo was the Kessel Run Miner polybag.

2 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

If B&N started selling them and ran out, they handled that promo very poorly. I was just in there recently and the only promo was the Kessel Run Miner polybag.

I was just in B&N and they had no knowledge of the Bricktober pack promotion

21 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I was just in B&N and they had no knowledge of the Bricktober pack promotion

Same thing with me tonight. I gave them the upc number and they looked it up and showed 0 in stock in that store, and in the warehouse. :(

13 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

If B&N started selling them and ran out, they handled that promo very poorly.

If they were selling them and they sold out very quickly, I'd say they did it perfectly. They would have sold all their stock at the advertised price.

Possible date for the packs... Just got back from mine & was told there’s an HP event on November 17th. No other information, but she said they know about three weeks in advance & to check back on the first of the month. 

That makes me think we can just buy them outright, which will be great. 

Finally got the HP & Super Heroes Bricktober packs from the local TRU. Not possible to buy directly, so I had to buy stuff I didn't need to get them.

1 minute ago, LegoFjotten said:

Finally got the HP & Super Heroes Bricktober packs from the local TRU. Not possible to buy directly, so I had to buy stuff I didn't need to get them.

The same here, the Ski TRU store finally got 32 of each set this afternoon, so I got my hands on this elusive HP set after a long wait..:excited: I most likely have a set waiting for me in Sarpsborg, but did not want to take any chances.. Ended up buying a old fishing store set to a good price, but have it so will have to sell that at some point :shrug_oh_well:

A buddy just picked up 4 bricktober packs in Kansas.  He bought all they had.  $7.11 each.  That is a heck of a deal!!!

12 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

A buddy just picked up 4 bricktober packs in Kansas.  He bought all they had.  $7.11 each.  That is a heck of a deal!!!

Dang, was this at Barnes and Noble?

10 minutes ago, Guy smiley said:

Dang, was this at Barnes and Noble?

Yes.  Unfortunately I've called the other N&N in town and none of them have any left.  looks like I'll be paying $30 on bricklink

52 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

$7.11 each.  That is a heck of a deal!!!

Sure he is not pulling your leg?! *huh*

Maybe he can sell you one then :shrug_oh_well: Strange that they have gotten the sets and sold them out without any form for advertising?! Would think that their is still hope they get some in the other shops..