Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

Do any Norwegians here know when the HP Bricktober will be available in Norway? And do you think it will just be in Toys'R'us? 

I called two shops today and the employees I talked to did not manage to get hold of any confirmation.. One said it was strange because they usually have the info and sets in the middle of Sep:wacko:tember.. but hopefully TRU get them at least and we get some more solid info soon.. When I called customer service earlier they told me week 40/41 until 43, so I think they will have them sooner or later, shop@hope I am getting more unsure if they will have it..

On 9/19/2018 at 11:08 PM, BenderBrau said:

On 9/24/2018 at 6:25 PM, LegoFjotten said:

On 9/25/2018 at 9:32 PM, deskp said:

On 9/30/2018 at 9:42 PM, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

Just got a mail from a employee at TRU I know, the promo has been postponed to week 41 in Norway because of a late shipment of figs from Lego!

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Just got a mail from a employee at TRU I know, the promo has been postponed to week 41 in Norway because of a late shipment of figs from Lego!

Good to know, Thanks!

13 minutes ago, 9v brickmaster said:

So I have a question for you guys should I save money for the great hall set or wait for the diagon alley set in 2019 

My guess (and we really don’t know anything about DA yet) is that any substantial take on Diagon Alley would cost a lot more than Great Hall. So factor that in to your decision.

Sidebar: I was surprised Great Hall didn’t cost more, given the part count, number of minifigs and the fact licensed sets carry a premium. It felt like pretty good value to me.

3 hours ago, 9v brickmaster said:

So I have a question for you guys should I save money for the great hall set or wait for the diagon alley set in 2019 

We have no definite confirmation that there will be a Diagon Alley set in 2019, unless you are talking about the microscale DA that has been found in certain places already.

Managed to get 2 Bricktober Harry Potter sets yesterday from TRU Japan. Luckily I found some good Batman Movie and Star Wars sets for 50% off at TRU. 

The sets were in perfect condition, unlike someone else in this forum who found their figures legs on backwards.

Just a question. If Toys R Us has the sets in a certain country that would mean that it will not be available at other stores because of exclusive rights, right?

Has anyone experienced it before when an exclusive lego minifigure set was sold not only at Toys R Us but also another store?

On 10/1/2018 at 1:44 AM, Acura said:

Also that same seller before here is selling more of the Diagon Microfigure sets on the auction site again. This time he has around 10 sets up for grabs. Where does he get them all???

Thanks to you posting this comment, I looked on Jauce, a site which allows those not in Japan to access the auctions there. I was able to get 2 Bricktober sets, and one of the Diagon sets, for very fair prices. Now i have to wait for them to arrive in the warehouse and get them sent to me. I had not even thought to use Jauce for this before your post, so many many thanks! :) I normally use it for Plarail items.

3 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

So the 5 Wizarding World sets - are they for Winter or Summer?

A bit odd if they didn't do more Fantastic Beasts sets in the winter following the movie!

Nothing is certain!:

• Is it 5?
  • Winter?
  • Summer?
  • 2019?
  • 2020?

Well they have done one set for this movie and one from the first.. They are probably taking very few chances so far with FB, if the 2 first sets sell well more will follow in future waves.. It is also hard for Lego to make sets from FB movies that have not been on the cinemas yet because of all the secrecy. The last FB film have a premier in 2024, if we get one wave every year it will be quite a few sets in total. So I do not think they will rush out with a lot of sets now, made before they have seen the movies.. If the FB sell as good as HP I think we will see a shift towards more FB sets in the waves as the years go by, but for now I expect more HP than FB in next (my guess is summer 2019) wave :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

So the 5 Wizarding World sets - are they for Winter or Summer?

A bit odd if they didn't do more Fantastic Beasts sets in the winter following the movie!

Some sources say January, some June.

8 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

Thanks to you posting this comment, I looked on Jauce, a site which allows those not in Japan to access the auctions there. I was able to get 2 Bricktober sets, and one of the Diagon sets, for very fair prices. Now i have to wait for them to arrive in the warehouse and get them sent to me. I had not even thought to use Jauce for this before your post, so many many thanks! :) I normally use it for Plarail items.

You are welcome Sunhuntin. The funny thing was I also bid for one of the Diagon Alley sets this time around. So maybe we bid against each other, lol. Do you know how many yen you managed to get the set for?

I got it for Y4099, having placed an autobid of Y6000. Really pleased with that, just wish I had followed the others to see how much they went for. Jauce doesn't appear to have the ability to view closed auctions.

10 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

I got it for Y4099, having placed an autobid of Y6000. Really pleased with that, just wish I had followed the others to see how much they went for. Jauce doesn't appear to have the ability to view closed auctions.

I saw your bid. Yours was the first to be sold because it was the highest price at that time. After your bid, the other 9 sets slowly got sold but because of the extra betting,

it took an extra 30 minutes or more to sell them, ranging from about 3,600 yen to around 3,800 

Your bid was here. https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f297156100

3,601 yen sale was here https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b338371830

3,700 yen https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c683005549, etc

So yours was around 3 dollars more than i paid, and my set was the second last to sell at 3,800 yen.

I paid the money yesterday morning and already received the item today. It is in perfect condition (it was shipped from Osaka). It is a very small box and I was surprised but it is much heavier than expected.

I am sure you will be thrilled when you get yours.

Edited by Acura

Glad you are pleased with your set, I was a bit worried due to the quantity that something might be "off" somehow. Glad I didn't pay too much more than others. The close time was around 3am my time, and we were doing 12 hour days at work, so needed the sleep. Once both that and the Bricktober sets have arrived at the Jauce warehouse, I will get them sent here. Cannot wait!!

The Brick fan is reporting that the Diagon Alley will be a gift with purchases of $99 or more and the promotion will be starting on November 9th

I know this isn´t a 2018-rumor, but there isn´t a WW-2019 discussion topic yet, so I´ll post it into this topic.

There is a Sirius figure on instagram with his Order of Phoenix clothes. I don´t know if it´s custom or not, but if it´s a real leak, that means that we´ll get a 12 Grimmauld place or a Ministry of magic based set.:sweet:

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

There is a Sirius figure on instagram with his Order of Phoenix clothes. I don´t know if it´s custom or not, but if it´s a real leak, that means that we´ll get a 12 Grimmauld place or a Ministry of magic based set.:sweet:

It's a custom.

4 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I know this isn´t a 2018-rumor, but there isn´t a WW-2019 discussion topic yet, so I´ll post it into this topic.

We already saw Sirius printed on a tile in the Hogwarts Express set and that's not his hairpiece

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Brick fan is reporting that the Diagon Alley will be a gift with purchases of $99 or more and the promotion will be starting on November 9th

If that's for the US that's fantastic! It'll be a perfect time to get the Great Hall!