Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

We will probably be knowing in some days because it is almost October 1st when Lego is releasing the next store calendar, no?

Not unless the polybag is a GWP, but maybe the store calendar will have some info on the bricktober set.. Polybags usually pop up with out a warning or someone find a picture or similar on the Lego server :wink:

17 hours ago, Roebuck said:

In the second half of 2019?! That is a little strange if the June rumour is right, but as you say could surface later :shrug_oh_well: The shops do not get the retailer catalogue for next year until January-February, right? So plenty of time to update it with WW sets :grin: This years catalogue did not have prelims of any WW sets, but at least it had stand in for 5 of them..

Sorry, FIRST half..!

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

According to a post on IG the Bricktober packs are not coming to the UK, and they are advising using Bricklink.

It was reported they would be a week or so ago. Still all up in the air imo

Lego is still being somewhat vague on Twitter about the packs (availability will vary based on country). 

If a decision had been made for it to definitely not be available in the UK, I imagine they would have just said as much.

Until we hear definitively, I'll hold off on spending £45+ for it online. I imagine the price will drop as more regions have them available, even if it isn't released here. 

Hey guys. Nice to finally be able to contribute and chat. Bricktober has officially started in Japan. Only at Toys R Us.

(Luckily the Asian arm of Toys R Us has survived.)

It has 4 series and started on the 21st of September with the Ninjago set.

The next set is Harry potter, being sold from October 1st to 10th. (it will be free with over ï¿¥7,000 worth of Lego)

The set after that is Jurrasic Park and the last will be Avengers. 

Also the Micro set of Diagon Alley was here in Japan. Someone had about 10 sets which they sold on an auction site

for around ï¿¥3,600 yen each. I think it came free with the ï¿¥65,000 Hogwarts castle.

Also something strange. The Quiddich set was only sold in very small numbers from official Lego stores here, making

it very very hard to find and more expensive. I will wait to see if it ever comes to Toys R Us.

I stopped by the local ToysRUs in Norway and asked if they had an upcoming LEGO promotion, and indeed they did. The girl at the counter even knew it was called Bricktober, that it was packs with minifigures, gift with purchases above a certain limit and that it would start in October. She couldn't give me exact dates or amount. So further confirmation it's business as usual for ToysRUs in Norway with regards to Bricktober.

My best guess is that it will start Monday October 1st in Norway (and probably Denmark, since it's the same company).

15 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

I stopped by the local ToysRUs in Norway and asked if they had an upcoming LEGO promotion, and indeed they did. The girl at the counter even knew it was called Bricktober, that it was packs with minifigures, gift with purchases above a certain limit and that it would start in October. She couldn't give me exact dates or amount. So further confirmation it's business as usual for ToysRUs in Norway with regards to Bricktober.

My best guess is that it will start Monday October 1st in Norway (and probably Denmark, since it's the same company).

Sounds promising! I sent a mail now to TRU, so maybe they know more closer to October :shrug_oh_well:

Edit: Got a reply now!

The info they had was that the campaign will start week number 40/41 and last to 43.. I guess sometime next week is most likely then if it is going to last 4 weeks.. So we shroud see some ads for it very soon then:excited:

Edited by Roebuck
New info

1 hour ago, deskp said:

time to keep eyes peeled. #norway.

Do not want to miss this.

You care to elaborate on this???

Do we have any word yet on when the pack will be appearing in Barnes and Noble stores in the US? I haven't had much time to follow news on it since it was said it was coming to there, so sorry if this has already been answered.

2 hours ago, RyanMe said:

You care to elaborate on this???

Oh, absolutely no inside info or anything going on.  simply need to remind myself to keep on the lookout so i don't miss the promotion.  And was just a lot of Norwegians in a row there.

LegoMaster34. My guess is that it will be from the first week in October. The only reason it starts earlier here in Japan is because we have special holidays starting a week earlier.

Visit your store on October 1st or give them a call and I wish you luck.

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

@Roebuck @LegoFjotten  Toys r us told me Harry Potter minifigures next week.

Do you know if it is from Monday or Friday (like Canada)?

And if it is only HP next week or all 4 an then choose one (like last year)?

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Do you know if it is from Monday or Friday (like Canada)?

And if it is only HP next week or all 4 an then choose one (like last year)?

Sorry, don't know any of that. I just asked on facebook. we'll see what they say. You too could try asking you local toysrus there.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-40289-winkelgasse-ab-05-11-als-gratis-zugabe-erhaeltlich/68711

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-30407-polybag-gratis-mit-gutschein-code-im-online-shop/68773

some good news for german Lego(Potter)fans - Diagon Alley as a GWP in November and the Polybag now!  Maybe the code for the polybag is working in other countrys too

3 hours ago, Fuchs said:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-40289-winkelgasse-ab-05-11-als-gratis-zugabe-erhaeltlich/68711

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-30407-polybag-gratis-mit-gutschein-code-im-online-shop/68773

some good news for german Lego(Potter)fans - Diagon Alley as a GWP in November and the Polybag now!  Maybe the code for the polybag is working in other countrys too

It will be interesting to see when the poly bag will be available in the other countries 

The strange thing, or maybe not, is that the polybag 30407 has been in Japan for a short time already but you simply

buy it from Legoland in Nagoya. I believe it is an exclusive Lego for there only. Or if you have 800 yen, you can buy it

from an auction site here. 

Is the Quiddich set 75956 hard to find in any other country other than Japan?

1 hour ago, Acura said:

The strange thing, or maybe not, is that the polybag 30407 has been in Japan for a short time already but you simply

buy it from Legoland in Nagoya. I believe it is an exclusive Lego for there only. Or if you have 800 yen, you can buy it

from an auction site here. 

Is the Quiddich set 75956 hard to find in any other country other than Japan?

Likewise the polybag has been widely available at target stores in the US. 

The quidditch set, which is a target exclusive, has been very hard to find as well. I finally just found one a week or so ago. 

Bricktober started at TRU in Canada: http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3373022

Harry Potter is last, starting on Oct. 26

I am so sad. The good news is that the Harry Potter Blocktober set starts tomorrow in Japan. The sad news is the Harry Potter main sets

are on discount and i already have them all. Including the whole set of 22 minifigures. But, the Star Wars sets and Batman Movie sets are  50% off. Hope my 6 year old son wants some Batman sets as that is how I am gonna get my hands on some of the Harry Potter Bricktober bundles. New link for Japanese Toys R Us below with Harry Potter and discounts here.

http://www2.toysrus.co.jp/rm/HTML-MAIL/180930l/html1.html?sc_src=email_1562641&sc_lid=116823745&sc_uid=WivKnhhKB7&sc_llid=574336&sc_customer=

Also that same seller before here is selling more of the Diagon Microfigure sets on the auction site again. This time he has around 10 sets up for grabs. Where does he get them all???