Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

Does anyone know when Hogwarts Castle will be available for other retail sellers, and not only through lego.com?

Availible at Amazon and John Lewis in theĀ U.K.

3 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

Does anyone know when Hogwarts Castle will be available for other retail sellers, and not only through lego.com?

Not sure how in general, but it's October here.

6 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Availible at Amazon and John Lewis in theĀ U.K.

- Amazon is unconnected sellers, they often result in a price hike of roughly Ā£100-200. Not worth buying from Amazon.
- John Lewis does not sell it, at least not officially by the looks of things

Edited by Scarilian

I'm not surprised the winter wave rumors turned out to be fake. It was way too soon to have another wave.

Edited by Robert8

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

- Amazon is unconnected sellers, they often result in a price hike of roughly Ā£100-200. Not worth buying from Amazon.
- John Lewis does not sell it, at least not officially by the looks of things

The price on Amazon was less than retail recently

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I not surprised the winter wave rumors turned out to be fake. It was way too soon to have another wave.

Me too! Even though the sets are selling like hot cakes, Lego is following a plan so they can not just flick their wand and have a new wave magically appear.. The good sales could affect waves further down the road, so they get green lighted and or get more sets in them :grin:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Me too! Even though the sets are selling like hot cakes, Lego is following a plan so they can not just flick their wand and have a new wave magically appear.. The good sales could affect waves further down the road, so they get green lighted and or get more sets in them :grin:

Yep, i have the same feeling.

We are pretty sur to have a 2019 wave, and this decision was notĀ logged with the result of the sells. But for 2020, the sells today is impacting for the decisions of TLC to continue or not the HP wave.

According to brickfanatics, the WW CMF series was the best-selling toy line in the UK last month:Ā https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-harry-potter-collectible-minifigures-topped-uk-toy-sales-in-august/

Let's hope that TLG will at least consider releasing a second WW CMF series, based on the initial reaction, this would be a smart moveĀ :thumbup:

Reading that article it says that the results were based on how much total value not amount sold. The cmf series made more money then the great hall or Hogwarts Express which were also two of the top selling stuffĀ 

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

According to brickfanatics, the WW CMF series was the best-selling toy line in the UK last month:Ā https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-harry-potter-collectible-minifigures-topped-uk-toy-sales-in-august/

Let's hope that TLG will at least consider releasing a second WW CMF series, based on the initial reaction, this would be a smart moveĀ :thumbup:

Thanks a very interesting read :thumbup:

"Harry Potter was the most successful LEGO theme by far in August, as the licence, along with L.O.L. Surprise! helped boost toy sales for the month. Of the total Harry Potter product sales across all brands, the LEGO Collectible Minifigures made up almost one third of all sales."

The chance for a second series of minifigs did not become any lesser now :tongue:

Iā€˜ve just been thinking about the winter wave leak about 5 Wizarding World sets. We know that Harry Potter sets are coming in june, but it doesnā€˜t mention Fantastic beasts. So my guess is that we might be getting 5 CoG sets in winter and a few months later Harry Potter sets.

What do you guys think about this?Ā 

Edited by topiku

53 minutes ago, topiku said:

Iā€˜ve just been thinking about the winter wave leak about 5 Wizarding World sets. We know that Harry Potter sets are coming and june, but it doesnā€˜t mention Fantastic beasts. So my guess is that we might be getting 5 CoG sets in winter and a few months later Harry Potter sets.

It's a possibility, depending on what kind of deal WB and Lego has. Supposedly 75951 Grindelwald's Escape was made in the dark - set designers weren't given much material from the film producers who wanted to keep the whole story secret. It's very likely the studio required the new FB sets to be released after the film premiered, but if it's two months after (for the winter wave) or half a year after (summer wave) we are yet to find out

1 hour ago, topiku said:

Iā€˜ve just been thinking about the winter wave leak about 5 Wizarding World sets. We know that Harry Potter sets are coming and june, but it doesnā€˜t mention Fantastic beasts. So my guess is that we might be getting 5 CoG sets in winter and a few months later Harry Potter sets.

What do you guys think about this?Ā 

People use Harry Potter as a general term for this theme. The 5 sets are for Wizarding world in general not just Harry Potter or fantasic beastsĀ 

On 9/17/2018 at 8:53 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Reading that article it says that the results were based on how much total value not amount sold. The cmf series made more money then the great hall or Hogwarts Express which were also two of the top selling stuffĀ 

It doesn't say that.

"In August, the Harry Potter series was the best-selling toy in the UK, based on quantity sold." The CMF part is based on quantity sold.

"two regular LEGO Harry Potter sets still managed to make the top ten best-selling toys, taking into account total value sold rather than total quantity sold." The two sets (Great Hall and HE) are based on value sold.

On 9/16/2018 at 3:44 PM, Robert8 said:

I not surprised the winter wave rumors turned out to be fake. It was way too soon to have another wave.

Yeah, uh...

We're getting a second wave of five sets in January... that said, all of the pertinent "rumors" with respect to what those sets will contain should be tossed out the window. We're at a point wherein the only thing that we know - the only thing - is that there are five more sets set for a January release in the US. I don't know when they'll be released in the EU, but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to assume that they will be out in January there as well.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:13 AM, Roebuck said:

Ā 

On 9/19/2018 at 3:19 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

People use Harry Potter as a general term for this theme. The 5 sets are for Wizarding world in general not just Harry Potter or fantasic beastsĀ 

This is correct; we have no means of distinguishing between 1HY 2019 Harry Potter and 1HY 2019 Fantastic Beasts sets as this stage in the game.

Edited by Azani

6 hours ago, Azani said:

Yeah, uh...

We're getting a second wave of five sets in January... that said, all of the pertinent "rumors" with respect to what those sets will contain should be tossed out the window. We're at a point wherein the only thing that we know - the only thing - is that there are five more sets set for a January release in the US. I don't know when they'll be released in the EU, but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to assume that they will be out in January there as well.ļ»æ

There is no way a wave will be released in January in the USA and the same wave in June in Europe, so that is not a issue..

This is not the first time you have been 100% sure of something and ended up being wrong in the end.. This time I hope you are right, but most signs so far point to that the next HP/FB wave is next summer.. Off course Lego may keep a January wave top secret and you somehow found out about it, but I for one will not get my hopes up, if you are right I will take it as a bonus wave:shrug_confused:Ā 

Now I have no idea whom to believeĀ *huh*Ā The lack of set numbers and prices, which are available for mostĀ of the other themes (we still haven't heard anything about Minecraft), indicates to me that these alleged setsĀ aren't listedĀ in the retailer catalogues... I don't want to set myself up for disappointment and thus expect the next wave to be released in JuneĀ :wink:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of GrindelwaldĀ is coming out onĀ 16 November 2018.Ā  I'd be very surprised if Lego didn't have any plans to release 1 or 2 FB sets in the winter.Ā  After all, these new HP/FB sets are driven in large part by the new FB films.Ā 

Also, what about the Diagon Alley set sold in Slovenia? That strongly indicates that Lego have more sets coming in the near future.

So I'm still very confident we'll get 5 new sets in winter.

3 hours ago, AJB said:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of GrindelwaldĀ is coming out onĀ 16 November 2018.Ā  I'd be very surprised if Lego didn't have any plans to release 1 or 2 FB sets in the winter.Ā  After all, these new HP/FB sets are driven in large part by the new FB films.Ā 

Also, what about the Diagon Alley set sold in Slovenia? That strongly indicates that Lego have more sets coming in the near future.

So I'm still very confident we'll get 5 new sets in winter.

We have already gotten GrindelwaldĀ“s Escape - 75951 from that movie, off course that do not mean that we could not get more sets sooner or later from the film..

The Diagon Alley set and the bricktober set will show up on a wider geographical scale soon I guess, maybe as GWP, but that do not necessarily mean that we will get a normal wave of sets at the same time..

By the way I expect the polybag set to pop up in a magazine or similar as well, would not be surprised if we get another polybag released either :shrug_oh_well:

On 9/21/2018 at 8:20 AM, Roebuck said:

There is no way a wave will be released in January in the USA and the same wave in June in Europe, so that is not a issue..

This is not the first time you have been 100% sure of something and ended up being wrong in the end.. This time I hope you are right, but most signs so far point to that the next HP/FB wave is next summer.. Off course Lego may keep a January wave top secret and you somehow found out about it, but I for one will not get my hopes up, if you are right I will take it as a bonus wave:shrug_confused:Ā 

deleted

Edited by Sir von Lego

2 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

There is no new WW set in the retailer list so far for the second half. Doesnā€™t mean too much, they just could ā€œuncoverā€ it later on..

In the second half of 2019?! That is a little strange if the June rumour is right, but as you say could surface later :shrug_oh_well: The shops do not get the retailer catalogue for next year until January-February, right? So plenty of time to update it with WW sets :grin: This years catalogue did not have prelims of any WW sets, but at least it had stand in for 5 of them..

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

By the way I expect the polybag set to pop up in a magazine or similar as well, would not be surprised if we get another polybag released either :shrug_oh_well:

We will probably be knowing in some days because it is almost October 1st when Lego is releasing the next store calendar, no?