Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

People keep saying they expect a dueling club set for 2019. Am I the only one who finds that highly unlikely?

Yeah, the duelling club took place in the great hall, we got that, we have Harry and Draco that came with it, we got snape and Lockhart will be coming in a future set, what’s good by not doing this set is that it opens up an opportunity to get an exclusive Lockhart either in a future CMF series or whatever, in his duelling club costume, we have the chance of getting three variants of him:

chamber of secrets robes, diagon alley robes, duelling club costume

2 of those can come in sets, whilst the duelling club variant can be a good exclusive or whatever, by the looks of the prototype great hall set, it looks like there were plans to include the duelling club feature in that set anyway, but for whatever reason we didn’t get it 

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Yeah, the duelling club took place in the great hall, we got that, we have Harry and Draco that came with it, we got snape and Lockhart will be coming in a future set, what’s good by not doing this set is that it opens up an opportunity to get an exclusive Lockhart either in a future CMF series or whatever, in his duelling club costume, we have the chance of getting three variants of him:

chamber of secrets robes, diagon alley robes, duelling club costume

2 of those can come in sets, whilst the duelling club variant can be a good exclusive or whatever, by the looks of the prototype great hall set, it looks like there were plans to include the duelling club feature in that set anyway, but for whatever reason we didn’t get it 

Exactly. It’s like the guy that kept insisting there will be a Gryffindor Common Room set. They touched on it in the Whomping Willow set and most likely we won’t see another version of it. The same goes for the dueling club, they touched on it in the Great Hall set so odds are we won’t see anything more of it

12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The same goes for the dueling club, they touched on it in the Great Hall set so odds are we won’t see anything more of it

I think we'll get a Duelling Club set for three reasons:

1) Looking through Book 2, it's one of the most memorable and fun scenes.

2) Lego like to produce fun, smaller sets for kids, with action scenes and play features. It's hard to think of another scene in Book 2 which could be adapted for this purpose.

3) The Duelling Club took place in the Great Hall, and the prototype Great Hall set had a feature with Harry v Draco - but that was taken out. I think Lego took it out so that the Great Hall could be left for display, such as eating a feast.  The Duelling Club set could re-use this feature as a standalone set.

On 9/10/2018 at 7:52 PM, topiku said:

Anything new? ?

Talked to him today, and he did unfortunately not get any HP/FB sets to order in the winter wave :hmpf_bad: There is still hope since Lego apparently hold some sets back sometimes to keep them under wrap longer, but a summer wave seems like the most likely next wave (if we get one before that it is a bonus) :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, AJB said:

I think we'll get a Duelling Club set for three reasons:

1) Looking through Book 2, it's one of the most memorable and fun scenes.

2) Lego like to produce fun, smaller sets for kids, with action scenes and play features. It's hard to think of another scene in Book 2 which could be adapted for this purpose.

3) The Duelling Club took place in the Great Hall, and the prototype Great Hall set had a feature with Harry v Draco - but that was taken out. I think Lego took it out so that the Great Hall could be left for display, such as eating a feast.  The Duelling Club set could re-use this feature as a standalone set.

I see your reasoning. I still think it’s unlikely though. Thought hey took the specific feature out, they still advertise it showing Harry and Draco facing off on top of the table in the Great Hall. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against them making a dueling club set, I think it would be a great opportunity for some exclusive figures (dueling club Lockhart, Justin Finch Fletchley), but I just don’t think Lego will go for it

I mean I can picture what the duelling club set would look like in my head (it looks good btw) I just feel there are bigger priorities and better set options at the the present, assuming the theme lasts 3 years+ I can see it coming a bit later down the road when the great hall is retiring Andy when most of the important sets are done and Lego a are making sets on specific scenes rather than just getting the locations and vehicles done

Edited by Legoniche

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I mean I can picture what the duelling club set would look like in my head (it looks good btw) I just feel there are bigger priorities and better set options at the the present, assuming the theme lasts 3 years+ I can see it coming a bit later down the road when the great hall is retiring Andy when most of the important sets are done and Lego a are making sets on specific scenes rather than just getting the locations and vehicles done

Agreed, I really hope they do more important sets for a while. That would kinda feel like a wasted slot for right now. I would get it of course and I’m sure it would be great but I would rather see different sets at this point

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Agreed, I really hope they do more important sets for a while. That would kinda feel like a wasted slot for right now. I would get it of course and I’m sure it would be great but I would rather see different sets at this point

Exactly, I agree, but same I’ll take whatever they put out.

No Harry Potter sets until next summer unfortunately... :(

They‘re realeasing June 2019

Edited by topiku

4 minutes ago, topiku said:

No Harry Potter sets until next summer unfortunately... :(

They‘re realeasing June 2019

I thought a reliable source said they were winter

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

There’s a reliable source saying that it’s summer, which I’m not too disappointed by. 

I don’t think it was ever confirmed it was winter just that there was a good possibility that 4 sets are coming for Harry Potter at some point

Edited by Falconfan1414

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think it was ever confirmed it was winter just that there was a good possibility that 4 sets are coming for Harry Potter at some point

I thought it was supposed to be five? And I didn’t see anything on IG about it, do you know where this new info came from?

25 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There’s a reliable source saying that it’s summer, which I’m not too disappointed by. 

Agreed, I have a good deal of catching up to do with Star Wars sets so I’m glad to wait til June for more HP

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I thought it was supposed to be five? And I didn’t see anything on IG about it, do you know where this new info came from?

from _dimaks_lego

39 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Not from any reliable source I have seen at least :def_shrug:

It backs up what the store owner told me (see post higher up on this page)..

But summer 2019 is not bad, was sure we would get a second wave either in 2019 or worst case 2020 for the next FB film, now we probably get a 3 wave in 2020 instead :sweet:

33 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Not from any reliable source I have seen at least :def_shrug:

It backs up what the store owner told me (see post higher up on this page)..

But summer 2019 is not bad, was sure we would get a second wave either in 2019 or worst case 2020 for the next FB film, now we probably get a 3 wave in 2020 instead :sweet:

I’m pretty sure it was Azani that said there was a winter wave. Some of you guys would probably know much better than I would if he’s reliable or not. I’m still just trying to keep track of all the leakers

And Dimaks must have taken the photo down already because I can’t find it anywhere. He doesn’t keep leaks up very long if I remember correctly

Edit: Found it on his story, funny thing is he specifically says HP sets are summer releases, I’m wondering if Lego still plans on releasing a couple FB sets for winter to along with the new movie

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

My bank account is extremely happy about this news. 

Edited by RyanMe
Spelling

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m pretty sure it was Azani that said there was a winter wave. Some of you guys would probably know much better than I would if he’s reliable or not. I’m still just trying to keep track of all the leakers

And Dimaks must have taken the photo down already because I can’t find it anywhere. He doesn’t keep leaks up very long if I remember correctly

Edit: Found it on his story, funny thing is he specifically says HP sets are summer releases, I’m wondering if Lego still plans on releasing a couple FB sets for winter to along with the new movie

Yeah I’m pretty sure it was Azani who said 5, and said Winter specifically

5 hours ago, RyanMe said:

As is mine. It is still recovering from the D@C Hogwarts.

9 hours ago, RyanMe said:

Just dropped my money on Cloud City so in the same boat. 

Bummer :sadnew: I'm glad we're getting addiotional sets at all, but a wave of releases so soon would have been really awesome... Patience is a virtue, I guess :grin:

5 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Does anyone know when Hogwarts Castle will be available for other retail sellers, and not only through lego.com?

It won’t be, D2C, Lego store/online store only

1 minute ago, The Dangerous HC said:

It won’t be, D2C, Lego store/online store only

Well in Norway the MF and a lot of other D2C are available in different shops, so I see no reason the same will not apply for the HC as well.. Give it a few months :wink: