Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Well, the wind as been taken out of my sails...at least a bit. B&N employee & store manager have no idea what I’m talking about concerning Bricktober, or so they say. I mentioned the details about the promotion, showed her the picture & she said she hadn’t heard anything about it. I feel I should’ve asked the manager, as she didn’t really relay the information right. 

I hope word is just late getting to mine & that were are participating. We did do the Mini Hogwarts build, so they are doing LEGO related stuff. 

Sidenote, I see a Bricktober pack is listed on eBay from the UK for $116(US). Please, please, please don’t pay that price people. That’s how SDCC minifigs got to be so expensive. 

36 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Well, the wind as been taken out of my sails...at least a bit. B&N employee & store manager have no idea what I’m talking about concerning Bricktober, or so they say. I mentioned the details about the promotion, showed her the picture & she said she hadn’t heard anything about it. I feel I should’ve asked the manager, as she didn’t really relay the information right. 

I hope word is just late getting to mine & that were are participating. We did do the Mini Hogwarts build, so they are doing LEGO related stuff.  

I wouldn’t worry about the bricktober packs yet. Lego says they are coming so why panic yet? Obviously they don’t seem to be a releasing in October but I’m sure these will be avalible to everyone sooner or later 

38 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Well, the wind as been taken out of my sails...at least a bit. B&N employee & store manager have no idea what I’m talking about concerning Bricktober

That's hardly surprising. Lego said it would be available there in the future, but they don't yet have a date. If the deal isn't finalised, or at least hasn't yet been publicised, it's doubtful that store employees would have been informed. 

If it was due to be there at the end of the month, it's still likely a lot of employees wouldn't know until the sets came into the stock room. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t worry about the bricktober packs yet. Lego says they are coming so why panic yet? Obviously they don’t seem to be a releasing in October but I’m sure these will be avalible to everyone sooner or later 

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

That's hardly surprising. Lego said it would be available there in the future, but they don't yet have a date. If the deal isn't finalised, or at least hasn't yet been publicised, it's doubtful that store employees would have been informed. 

If it was due to be there at the end of the month, it's still likely a lot of employees wouldn't know until the sets came into the stock room. 

This is true, I assumed the timeframe is still the same, when I don’t know that for sure. I’m not too worried about it, especially now that you both have made me realize that the promo may not be the same as it was with TRU. The wind is now partially back in my sails. :laugh:

Funnily enough, I am taking a trip to Canada in October and a TRU is five minutes away from our hotel. *crosses finger they don't sell out*

1 hour ago, Bainter-ban said:

Any guess for second wave release? Is a modular diagon alley too soon you think?

If a Diagon Alley is coming, I‘d guess it will release in the summer wave of 2019.

Aaand... I found Graves in Costa Rica! After visiting 3 stores and checking maybe 100 poly bags. You guys know the Legos in CR cost 100%(or more) than in US?? You end paying like 40 bucks for a $11 set ?... 

New rumors are saying that bricktober packs are coming to the us in November and December 

Edited by Falconfan1414

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

New rumors are saying that bricktober packs are coming to the us in November and December 

Yes, in the Lego stores to boot!

Lego has released the first half year rapport: 

"During the first half of the year the top-performing themes were LEGO Technic, LEGO Ninjago, LEGO Creator and LEGO Classic. LEGO City and LEGO Star Wars also continue to be amongst the Group’s biggest themes. LEGO BOOST, which combines building, coding and robotics for younger children, continues to do well."
After this next half year, I would be surprised if not HP is on the list :grin: Maybe it may even challenge SW as the best licensed theme :tongue:

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

...Maybe it may even challenge SW as the best licensed theme :tongue:

I personally would love this to be true, but there are so many more star wars sets for people to buy than HP that SW might be hard to beat. I guess we'll see! 

Edited by Roobix

@Sir von Lego As you can see a lot of us are very desperate to see any kind of news what the winter sets for Harry Potter could be. If you have any hints or something you can tell us like last time we would really appreciate it! :)

6 minutes ago, topiku said:

@Sir von Lego As you can see a lot of us are very desperate to see any kind of news what the winter sets for Harry Potter could be. If you have any hints or something you can tell us like last time we would really appreciate it! :)

Be patient. I’m sure we will here something soon. I’m sure if sir von lego was able to share anything he would have already

53 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

@Sir von Lego don’t feel the need to share it if you don’t want to, I shared some knowledge and got attacked so just be careful my friend 

I kinda believe your leak but let's get one thing straight. Sir Von Lego is a credible source around  Lego biz for years: you just started leaking a couple of weeks ago. While your info maybe legit, the "attacks" are justified because we have been affected by fake leakers before. Nothing personal against you but people like ForceGhostSolo have really dampered on people's ability to trust. 

Edited by RODDY

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

I kinda believe your leak but let's get one thing straight. Sir Von Lego is a credible source around  Lego biz for years: you just started leaking a couple of weeks ago. While your info maybe legit, the "attacks" are justified because we have been affected by fake leakers before. Nothing personal against you but people like ForceGhostSolo have really dampered on people's ability to trust. 

and in case it got lost in translation, I think it's just healthy skepticism and not necessarily attacking you. Just gotta build that reputation like Sir von Lego.. You might know yourself, but we don't know you :)

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

Fair enough, I understand :)

13 hours ago, Roobix said:

I personally would love this to be true, but there are so many more star wars sets for people to buy than HP that SW might be hard to beat. I guess we'll see! 

Well I assume that Lego take into consideration how many sets a theme has when they find the bestsellers.. So if HP has only 5 sets and SW 50 I guess if the average sale per set in HP is better than most of the SW sets, HP will be highlighted as a better seller even tough the total sale do not mach SW :wink:

On 9/4/2018 at 5:25 PM, topiku said:

If a Diagon Alley is coming, I‘d guess it will release in the summer wave of 2019.

This is my thinking as well. Diagon Alley would be a huge set by nature and LEGO would probably save that for a summer wave. I also thought they might want to wait until after the micro version's release, especially since they would both probably need an Ollivander -- although I personally wouldn't mind if they split the shops up a bit. All three shops included in the last edition could function as standalone sets in theory - Gringotts, Ollivanders, and Borgin and Burkes. Wizarding Wheezes could also probably release well by itself. Maybe Quality Quidditch Supplies.

You know what could be an interesting alternative to Diagon Alley for a single D2C set? Hogsmeade -- none of the locations have the potential to sell separately, and if you threw in the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes and Zonko's Jokes, you'd cover all of the kid-friendly iconic locations from the village. Okay, bordering on wishlist.

If a second wave is confirmed, and I'm considering it indirectly confirmed by micro Diagon Alley, than I expect it to be on the modest side, with the Great Hall and Whomping Willow still functioning as the main attractions.

I bricklinked Umbridge old hairpiece  (and Filch his cat) and it looks so much better on her than the new piece.

2 hours ago, JVM said:

You know what could be an interesting alternative to Diagon Alley for a single D2C set? Hogsmeade -- none of the locations have the potential to sell separately, and if you threw in the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes and Zonko's Jokes, you'd cover all of the kid-friendly iconic locations from the village.

That's a pretty good point+maybe the shrieking shack. But I only see this happening if the theme gets evergreened and is around for a couple of waves. Ofcourse all just speculation, nothing confirmed.

3 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Lego has officialized the brickheadz Newt and Grindewald.

IS Newt using the old style suitcase/briefcase or the new one that came with the CMF.  It really looks like the old one to me.

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

IS Newt using the old style suitcase/briefcase or the new one that came with the CMF.  It really looks like the old one to me.

It's the old style.

The new Brickheadz do look very good, but I'm not feeling a strong desire to buy them. I will likely wait for an offer.

According to brickfanz, the Bricktober set may be coming to Lego Stores in the UK and they are airing some special Harry Potter mini scenes made using Lego during the ad breaks of the Philosophers Stone this Saturday.  

7 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

The new Brickheadz do look very good, but I'm not feeling a strong desire to buy them. I will likely wait for an offer.

According to brickfanz, the Bricktober set may be coming to Lego Stores in the UK and they are airing some special Harry Potter mini scenes made using Lego during the ad breaks of the Philosophers Stone this Saturday.  

Where is the philosophers stone being shown