Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

The differences with the NYTF model were explained by a designer in an interview, Lego somehow accidentally displayed an unfinished prototype/concept model, even though the set had had a finalised design. So I wouldn’t take any notice of anything as a hint towards the future.

I keep seeing pictures on IG that parents took of the new HP sets they got for their kids, and all of them are missing parts! It drives me nuts. I paid so much attention to the details even as a kid, I wouldn’t have dreamed of allowing myself to miss something

7 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Speaking of the NYTF pics and videos of the great hall, did anyone notice that the build is different as well, for example on the outside/exterior of the great hall build, the Kitchens/hufflepuff common room is represented that little round small tower next to it, also, there is an extended part of the castle next to the tower- including just a little bit more of the castle and an extra cones roof- this also, when looking at the interior, solves the issue of the whomping willow and great hall set connection, as there isn’t no clash. There was also clearly a new element planned for the little wall area outside the entrance of the great hall. I urge you all to look at videos on YouTube of it and inspect the build again, it’s really interesting, some may say better...

I miss the flipping tables and McGonagall’s dress piece from the prototype, but otherwise I think the final version looks better. The new elements in the courtyard (the half arch pieces) were used in Hogwarts Castle. 

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I miss the flipping tables and McGonagall’s dress piece from the prototype, but otherwise I think the final version looks better. The new elements in the courtyard (the half arch pieces) were used in Hogwarts Castle. 

Yes! The prototype set clearly had a ‘duelling club’ feature, where Malfoy and harry could battle each other, and there was a way of hiding the extra mirror piece, and of course yes, the dress piece, which would have been cool if  McGonagall came with her legs and the dress piece like with Saruman in the orthanc, but hey I enjoy the version we got....

Do any of the Bricktober minifigures have alternate faces? I really want Umbridge to have one

I talked to a toyshop owner the other day and he said he knows what sets he can order for the following winter around 10 of September.. So if we are getting any HP/FB sets this winter we should get some more info soon :wink:

Doesn't Horace have the same face as the guy from the Jurassic World 2 Manor set? The ginger guy that looks like Donald Trump?

The only difference I can see is his eyebrow colour.

13 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Doesn't Horace have the same face as the guy from the Jurassic World 2 Manor set? The ginger guy that looks like Donald Trump?

The only difference I can see is his eyebrow colour.

No they are different faces

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I talked to a toyshop owner the other day and he said he knows what sets he can order for the following winter around 10 of September.. So if we are getting any HP/FB sets this winter we should get some more info soon :wink:

I can‘t wait! 

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I hope you’re right, I’m so excited to see what’s next. I still can’t believe we even got this theme back

Please let it be diagon alley modular style. That would be like a dream come true. The original one is way too expensive now... and an update with more pieces and detail (even though at a higher price) would be spectacular. Although I think its more likely that they would save it for a late summer 2019 wave, because hogwarts just came out. But still, its probably a definite release as a d2c set, considered the massive anticipation for it?

8 minutes ago, K4kitty said:

What I’d love to see would be a modular of 12 Grimmauld place!

That's a great idea although I don't see them making an officially named modular and more like what we saw with the Avengers Sanctum Sanctorum, which fits with the modular sets but isn't built in the same way

I’m having trouble remembering, can someone help me? Are there typically double VIP points in the US around Christmas time that can be used on new D2C sets? I really want to get Hogwarts Castle and Cloud City for double points. 

54 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m having trouble remembering, can someone help me? Are there typically double VIP points in the US around Christmas time that can be used on new D2C sets? I really want to get Hogwarts Castle and Cloud City for double points. 

I recall them usually doing double points(a few years back they even did triple) in November.

My Bricktober pack finally arrived. Somehow Snape's legs got assembled backwards, and the connection point to the hips is slightly damaged (it looks slightly white, like when you bend plastic). Same thing for one of Umbridge her legs. The hands also somehow have a very weak clutch power. They don't appear to be damaged but the wands and broom and potion and purse easily fall out of the hands. Still they look great and I probably never have a chance of getting them for a reasonable price again so I'm not going to complain to Toys R Us. Now I'm trying to find a way to get the original Umbridge hair piece because it will look so good on the new one.

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

My Bricktober pack finally arrived. Somehow Snape's legs got assembled backwards, and the connection point to the hips is slightly damaged (it looks slightly white, like when you bend plastic). Same thing for one of Umbridge her legs. The hands also somehow have a very weak clutch power. They don't appear to be damaged but the wands and broom and potion and purse easily fall out of the hands. Still they look great and I probably never have a chance of getting them for a reasonable price again so I'm not going to complain to Toys R Us. Now I'm trying to find a way to get the original Umbridge hair piece because it will look so good on the new one.

I would be so angry if that happened!

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Luckily shapes legs are just dark green legs which are really cheap on bricklink and the hands for all the figs will be cheap on bricklink and you may even have extra hands somewhere around 

38 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Luckily shapes legs are just dark green legs which are really cheap on bricklink and the hands for all the figs will be cheap on bricklink and you may even have extra hands somewhere around 

Umbridge's aren't, though. 

4 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Yeah that's true, probably have some lying around somewhere.

3 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

Umbridge's aren't, though. 

Luckily the damage on her legs isn't as bad as on Snape's, so if I don't move the legs around too much (which I wasn't planning on doing anyway) she will be fine (I hope). Still I'm pretty dissapointed with the quality of the Bricktober figures lately, they look fine and all but things like this hardly happen to cmf figures or figures in sets. I recall the Batman pack from last year also had some issues. And don't get me started on the way these packs were promoted and distributed this year, but that's probably on Toys R Us.