Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Do you guys think we‘re ever going to see another Umbridge in a set? Or will she stay exclusive to the Bricktoberpack?

4 minutes ago, topiku said:

Do you guys think we‘re ever going to see another Umbridge in a set? Or will she stay exclusive to the Bricktoberpack?

I think it’s entirely possible we’ll see Umbridge and maybe even Slughorn in a set later down the road. I wouldn’t count on it enough to not get the Bricktober pack though

I’m definitely going to have to try to get several of those new official LEGO Minifigure display frames! 

5 minutes ago, topiku said:

The good thing about all four figures is that they're a character that could have another outfit (in Snape's case that figure is already out!) Hooch wears normal robes during the flying lesson and adds a hat in the Great Hall scenes. Umbridge has loads of pink outfits as well as the Wizengamot outfit and Slughorn also wears a brown robe and hat sometimes. 

So yes, it's possible she'll come in another set :) 

13 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Dursleys look good. Love Vernon’s moustache, but Dudley is a bit plain. 

What? Have new figures leaked?

Where did you see those pictures? Can‘t find them on instagram etc

Edited by topiku

12 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Are you talking about the custom made durselys on instagram?

21 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

These are made out of already existing pieces, they aren't official. 

9 hours ago, joeee said:

In your guys' opinion, has the past Hagrid's Huts been too tall to be proportional to Hogwarts?

Also, with how much dedication they put in these sets...i really want to see of they attempted the two-room hut from the third movie and on!

Well kinda, but I'm afraid that can't really be helped. If we ever get a chamber of secrets with in the back a rocky wall to put the castle on (or make it ourselves) I think the similarity in hight will be unnoticeable.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

If we ever get a chamber of secrets with in the back a rocky wall to put the castle on (or make it ourselves) I think the similarity in hight will be unnoticeable.

That would be cool. I wonder if it would be possible?

2 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

That would be cool. I wonder if it would be possible?

yes, I am wondering too because if the chamber of secrets sets goes under the hogwarts castle, it could be difficult for people who have been buying the estension, no? 

47 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

yes, I am wondering too because if the chamber of secrets sets goes under the hogwarts castle, it could be difficult for people who have been buying the estension, no? 

Maybe the side of the Chamber of Secrets rock wall could have the same Technic connectors as the Great Hall? It shouldn't look too wrong to have the Whomping Willow extension, for instance, come out of that side, if the rocks are done right. Maybe have the end have a tan wall coming from behind the rocks, so it blends easily.

Ahh sorry guys for the false excitement there- just saw the pic and thought it was real! Thanks Huigberts Builds. 

Edited by Lego-fire

31 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the hardness of the plastic used for wands between the real sets and the CMFs?

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I understand, the CMFs are always made with a different, cheaper plastic than regular ones, including the accessories

55 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I understand, the CMFs are always made with a different, cheaper plastic than regular ones, including the accessories

Not for sure, but that would be quite wacky and a logistical nightmare. 

3 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the hardness of the plastic used for wands between the real sets and the CMFs?

I haven't noticed it myself yet, but I've indeed heard more people mention it. 

CMFs to the best of my knowledge have been made in China from a different company (outsourced by Lego), to my understanding the sets are made by Lego in house.

Might have something to do with licensing, I remember hearing that the collectable Star Wars figs from the early 2000s copped Lego a lawsuit as they were classed as action figures, not construction toys, but that’s just my guess.

I don't think Lego outsource in China. They have a factory there. Also, it isn't inferior plastic. It's just made slightly differently due to the regulations in that part of the world although they still adhere to Lego's regulatory guidelines and standards. CMFs have been made in China for quite a while and while some people have reported a dip in quality from Lego, that started happening long before the moving of any production to the east.

7 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Apparently in the UK we get the HP bricktober pack September 11th

Source? Which shop?

Just now, Felkin said:

Source? Which shop?

Sorry guys false alarm, I saw on Instagram someone said September 11th but that was just when it arrives At his house, apparently we may not be getting them at all, my bad...

20 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

Maybe the side of the Chamber of Secrets rock wall could have the same Technic connectors as the Great Hall? It shouldn't look too wrong to have the Whomping Willow extension, for instance, come out of that side, if the rocks are done right. Maybe have the end have a tan wall coming from behind the rocks, so it blends easily.

Yes, may be

I just looked at the NYTF pictures again and noticed two parts in the prototype set that weren't in the set proper and might show up again in other sets, the first being Han's new hairpiece in light bluish gray (used on prototype Dumbledore) and a dark bluish gray rat (although in unprinted form). Of course, these two parts may just as well be prototypes, never to be seen again, but there were instances where a toy fair model included parts in new colors which then showed up in different set later on (e.g. the dark brown hairpiece of 2010's Filch, which then made it's first appearance in 2012 with CMF series 6). I think the new rat mould would be cool to have in that colour and a HP set would be quite fitting for it to be included. On the other hand, I have no idea who the hairpiece might be used for :wacko: Probably nothing HP or FB related... 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I just looked at the NYTF pictures again and noticed two parts in the prototype set that weren't in the set proper and might show up again in other sets, the first being Han's new hairpiece in light bluish gray (used on prototype Dumbledore) and a dark bluish gray rat (although in unprinted form). Of course, these two parts may just as well be prototypes, never to be seen again, but there were instances where a toy fair model included parts in new colors which then showed up in different set later on (e.g. the dark brown hairpiece of 2010's Filch, which then made it's first appearance in 2012 with CMF series 6). I think the new rat mould would be cool to have in that colour and a HP set would be quite fitting for it to be included. On the other hand, I have no idea who the hairpiece might be used for :wacko: Probably nothing HP or FB related... 

Yes, I like those little details as well, my personal favorite being McGonnogall’s printed dress piece. The printed legs are great but I would love that dress piece for her in a future set, it’s far superior to the old one and the printing looks fantastic. Hopefully it’ll show up in a future set, she’s definitely a popular enough character.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Speaking of the NYTF pics and videos of the great hall, did anyone notice that the build is different as well, for example on the outside/exterior of the great hall build, the Kitchens/hufflepuff common room is represented that little round small tower next to it, also, there is an extended part of the castle next to the tower- including just a little bit more of the castle and an extra cones roof- this also, when looking at the interior, solves the issue of the whomping willow and great hall set connection, as there isn’t no clash. There was also clearly a new element planned for the little wall area outside the entrance of the great hall. I urge you all to look at videos on YouTube of it and inspect the build again, it’s really interesting, some may say better...

Edited by Legoniche