Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I am interested to know if Ginny will use the 2010 hair because it suits her perfectly. Same with Bellatrix (as I assume both will come at some point). Are they still in rotation, or were they only used for HP?

P.S. My review is up of the Bricktober pack if anyone wants a closer look. 

The Bellatrix hair mould was used once in Nexi Knights I believe, and Ginny’s hair is used in City and Creator sets a lot, so I think it’s safe to say they would both still use those moulds 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The Bellatrix hair mould was used once in Nexi Knights I believe, and Ginny’s hair is used in City and Creator sets a lot, so I think it’s safe to say they would both still use those moulds 

You're right. Bellatrix's hair was used on a Nexo Knight figure in blue only last year, so here's to hoping it will be used on a new Bellatrix! That minifig was perfect, I wish I hadn't sold mine.

And Ginny's hair is still being used in some 2018 sets (Jurassic World and City) so I think that still captures Ginny really well. 

On 8/28/2018 at 10:04 AM, Robert8 said:

Maybe it's just me but I still dont see including Macnair as "too dark"

Neville beheaded Nagini, Harry killed the Basilisk and Quirrell killed a unicorn. Macnair didn't kill Buckbeak.

After all, Buckbeak is a hippogriff, I doubt Greeanpeace will say anything about magical creatures. Defending unreal creatures will make more damage for them than good.

• Nagini was 'evil' in the views of the story - it has been depicted in sets and even killed in the Lego Harry Potter video game because it is viewed as something 'evil' and dangerous
  • Basilisk was 'evil' in the views of the story - it has been depicted in sets and even killed in the Lego Harry Potter video game because it is viewed as something 'evil' and dangerous
  • The Unicorn was neutral/good in the views of the story - it has not been depicted because the only time the audience have seen it is when it was dead. Lego as such cannot get much playability out of it in regards to a set, as why include a Unicorn (potentially one requiring a new mold) simply for it to be dead.

Granted Macnair never killed Buckbeak, but it's more the idea of including a set and having a figure, an axe and a creature along with defining the figure as an 'executioner'

33 minutes ago, Scarilian said:
  • Nagini was 'evil' in the views of the story - it has been depicted in sets and even killed in the Lego Harry Potter video game because it is viewed as something 'evil' and dangerous
  • Basilisk was 'evil' in the views of the story - it has been depicted in sets and even killed in the Lego Harry Potter video game because it is viewed as something 'evil' and dangerous
  • The Unicorn was neutral/good in the views of the story - it has not been depicted because the only time the audience have seen it is when it was dead. Lego as such cannot get much playability out of it in regards to a set, as why include a Unicorn (potentially one requiring a new mold) simply for it to be dead.

Granted Macnair never killed Buckbeak, but it's more the idea of including a set and having a figure, an axe and a creature along with defining the figure as an 'executioner'

Lego in general is inconsistent with their "child friendly policy", when we are residing within a thin line. Unlike I expected, the UCS Hogwarts writting on the wall from CoS is written in red for example, now even if that was just paint, could be Mrs. Norris blood too.

Anyway, I got the bricktober set today - Minifigs are very high quality.
- So glad to get a Hooch and Slughorn - never would have thought the latter one could become a figure.
- I became very fond of Snape's face, thought to prefer the old one, but in person it looks much better. Now we just need a propper black body!
- Sad though Umbridge doesn't use the Midi-legs - I'm gonna switch her to yellow colour and use the small, pink and dual molded Lisa Simpson legs :grin:

Since all surviving Toys R us stores will be renamed soon, some employees think we might not get such exclusive offers anymore :thumbdown:

4 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

- Sad though Umbridge doesn't use the Midi-legs - I'm gonna switch her to yellow colour and use the small, pink and dual molded Lisa Simpson legs :grin:

I think we're going to have to pull out a black quill and have you write "I must not tell lies" for such a blasphemous suggestion :sick:

An idle thought I had today regarding the choice of characters for he Bricktober pack and how Lego settled on those figures.
Madame Hooch - Referee in Quiddich games, corresponds to the Quiddich Match set
Horace Slughorn - Major plot in the story is his Slug Club, which in the books, has their first meeting on the Hogwarts Express, which corresponds to that set
Dolores Umbridge - Introduces herself to the school by interrupting Dumbledore's speech in the Great Hall, another set
Boggart Snape - A bit of a stretch, but considering the Whomping Willow features Snape's Office, Classroom, and the Whomping Willow (where he had  significant history), the case could be made the Whomping Willow set is fairly Snape-centric.
Just thoughts, almost certainly nothing.

11 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

That minifig was perfect, I wish I hadn't sold mine.

I lost her and Ron when I moved in 2013. :sad:

Thankfully Bellatrix is still with my Burrow set. Although they'll all be hitting eBay this weekend

18 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Thankfully Bellatrix is still with my Burrow set. Although they'll all be hitting eBay this weekend

Why *oh2*
It is a very nice set, most likely the price will fall if/when Lego do something similar and/or remake most of the figs, but unless you have to sell it I would have kept it :wink:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Why *oh2*
It is a very nice set, most likely the price will fall if/when Lego do something similar and/or remake most of the figs, but unless you have to sell it I would have kept it :wink:

That's what's so great about LEGO. If there's a new variant of a set, especially a big one (such as the UCS Millennium Falcon), you can sell the previous one for multiple times it's original price

That’s what I’m gunna do with my burrow, the moment there’s an official leak of a burrow set, I, selling it, I don’t want to sell it before there’s a leak because one might not be made.

i sold my 2010 hogwarts castle, 2011 battle for hogwarts and 2011 diagon alley all together for £300 I realise I made a mistake because that price was WAY too low for all of them together but heyho they weren’t 100% complete because I kept some of the minifigs, accessories and animals for myself 

Bellatrix was a great figure, I think the only way they could improve her is using the new dress slope piece. 

If one is actually coming, then a Hagrid's Hut sounds great, it'll be good to have one finally based on the later films. 

Well I've got out of HP Lego primarily due to space limitations. I don't want to collect Logo just to have it. If I can't build it and make use of it there's no need to own it.

I sold my Hogwarts Castle and the 4867 extension for around £270 just before these were officially announced to the public. They now sell for £140 the pair. Best to sell up before the value falls out of them, so The Burrow, Knight Bus and Hagrid's Hut are going up this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Well I've got out of HP Lego primarily due to space limitations. I don't want to collect Logo just to have it. If I can't build it and make use of it there's no need to own it.

I sold my Hogwarts Castle and the 4867 extension for around £270 just before these were officially announced to the public. They now sell for £140 the pair. Best to sell up before the value falls out of them, so The Burrow, Knight Bus and Hagrid's Hut are going up this weekend.

Smart move. These are not the type of sets that hold their value if re-released in a more modern format.

It feels weird to have all of the DADA teachers (OK, I know Slughorn isn't a DADA teacher but I class him in with those because he was the new teacher of that year) except from Lockhart! I don't always buy into speculation but it does make it appear as if they have plans for him!

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I'm glad you said that. :) When this new HP Lego was first revealed I wanted to get all of it. The thought of owning HP Lego like when I was a kid back when the first HP stuff came out, but this time around being able to get all the sets and not just the ones my parents picked out for me made me so nostalgic and super excited. I was in a dark age between 2004-2016 so missed the later HP waves. So I got all the new sets and I built them and it was fun and they are great builds. BUT then I had to dismantle them and box them up as due to space constraints I can't display Lego builds. And so I just thought, this is pointless; there's no point it just sitting there doing nothing. So I've sold on all the builds and kept the minifigures which I have in a large display frame (plenty of space for future waves ;) ) and now I have some money towards future HP minifigures and I still get ridiculously nostalgic every time I look at my frame. :)

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm glad you said that. :) When this new HP Lego was first revealed I wanted to get all of it. The thought of owning HP Lego like when I was a kid back when the first HP stuff came out, but this time around being able to get all the sets and not just the ones my parents picked out for me made me so nostalgic and super excited. I was in a dark age between 2004-2016 so missed the later HP waves. So I got all the new sets and I built them and it was fun and they are great builds. BUT then I had to dismantle them and box them up as due to space constraints I can't display Lego builds. And so I just thought, this is pointless; there's no point it just sitting there doing nothing. So I've sold on all the builds and kept the minifigures which I have in a large display frame (plenty of space for future waves ;) ) and now I have some money towards future HP minifigures and I still get ridiculously nostalgic every time I look at my frame. :)

I’ve done that with some SW sets. I always keep figures and even try to ‘army build’ a little to flesh certain groups out. The HP figures look great but it’s not something I want to get in to at his point.

I’ll still be watching the releases with interest but I’m limiting things I buy.

9 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I’ve done that with some SW sets. I always keep figures and even try to ‘army build’ a little to flesh certain groups out. The HP figures look great but it’s not something I want to get in to at his point.

I’ll still be watching the releases with interest but I’m limiting things I buy.

Yes I have a SW minifigures collection too. I was going to try and stop myself from getting into the HP as SW figures is already a big enough outlay and because we don't quite know where the theme is going yet, but ... I just couldn't! There are a lot of SW builds that I love, AT-AT, Naboo Starfighter for example, that are more 'displayable' than say an open backed HP castle, but in the interest of space and limiting outlay I still resist. Very hard though. Sticking to HP figures is the best I can 'limit' too. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

I'm the opposite. I've always preferred builds like castles and houses than spaceships. I had a lot of SW Lego when I was younger, but I'm planning to sell it and while some sets are very cool. I only collect HP.

16 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hmm... I'm sure Lego would be ok with it...

First Order Stormtrooper Executioner anyone? :wink:

17 minutes ago, greg3 said:

Hmm... I'm sure Lego would be ok with it...

First Order Stormtrooper Executioner anyone? :wink:

I kinda feel like if they’re ok with the detailed Slave Leia outfit, they should be ok with just about anything, but I suppose lego is kinda weird about these things sometimes

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I'd be surprised if we got Macnair, but if the designers wanted to they'd have no problem putting a little child-friendly spin on it; Drop the axe, and "Help Harry and his friends rescue Buckbeak before he gets taken away". Just don't think it's very likely, even if he'd make a cool minifigure.

I don't get why people even want a Macnair minifig in the first place? It'd be nice for completion's sake, sure, but he's not that visually interesting and wouldn't even bring anything new to the table in terms of parts :wacko: Or is it because he's a death eater? I think we'll get a couple of those down the line (and this time proper ones hopefully, instead of mannequins or Lucius) 

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don't get why people even want a Macnair minifig in the first place? It'd be nice for completion's sake, sure, but he's not that visually interesting and wouldn't even bring anything new to the table in terms of parts :wacko: Or is it because he's a death eater? I think we'll get a couple of those down the line (and this time proper ones hopefully, instead of mannequins or Lucius) 

If there's a minifig of a trolley witch, I think Macnair is not out of the question, grim as he may be. Yes, it is for the completion's sake, and if Lego's gonna make the set based on the PoA's scene, he really should be in that set (along with TWO Harrys and Hermiones). Unless the Hagrid's Hut set is going to be a general build, not based on any specific scene, in that case the exeutioner won't be necessary.