Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Yeah those book pictures are definately not what we’re gonna get. Kingsley and Tonks are basically just the video game versions, and Sirius is the 2004 version.

8 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Yeah those book pictures are definately not what we’re gonna get. Kingsley and Tonks are basically just the video game versions, and Sirius is the 2004 version.

They probably used that Sirius because they didn’t want to give away their design for the new version, considering he’s extremely likely to appear in the next wave. I don’t think Tonks and Kingsley are likely to appear in a set, but they would be great candidates for a CMF series 2 if we get one. Can’t be too ambitious though I suppose

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

Woah 40289 Diagon Alley is on eBay for £62.09 from Japan. Must resist temptation! 

It will be availible for much less eventually over here, just be patient.

8 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It will be availible for much less eventually over here, just be patient.

I still haven’t heard what the availability for it is over there. I’ve seen several IG posts of people getting it, but none of them say how. Is it available for purchase? Or just free with purchase, or what

I was just informed that the order including my bricktober-set has been cancelled by toys r us. I ordered day one. "Luckily" the set is readily available on ebay for 36€ and up. :angry: LEGO, you're killing me.

21 hours ago, Legoniche said:

As well I can’t see them coming in any set, I’m not sure what they would come in unless you really reached for a set, so perhaps there is a non set way of obtaining them at some point 

We could get both Kingsley & Tonks in a “escape from Privet Drive” set for the Order of the Phoenix wave. If they make it a bigger one, we could also get the Dursleys.

14 hours ago, topiku said:

I ordered the Great Hall two days ago with the HP Bricktober pack at Toysrus (I live in Germany). Now they emailed me that the Bricktober pack could not be sent. ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?

Because I ordered it at toysrus i paid more than I had to and didn‘t get any profits. Wow.

Is there anything I can do to still get it without having to buy anything else? Because when I ordered everything it didn‘t say „out of stock“ or something like that.

2 hours ago, DarthBrickus said:

I was just informed that the order including my bricktober-set has been cancelled by toys r us. I ordered day one. "Luckily" the set is readily available on ebay for 36€ and up. :angry: LEGO, you're killing me.

What a huge let down*oh2* I would for sure return the set, since you are not getting what you ordered.. Either they had very few or they have been selling like crazy! If they had few why have a online promo at all, just give all the sets to the shops, so customer get them directly and know straightaway when they are sold out.. If they sold like crazy, maybe not so smart to start the promo with the most sought after set of the 4 and it is not like it is the first time they have the promo either.. All in all, badly handled by TRU Germany :hmpf:

@LegoHPbrickfilms @LegoFjotten a Swedish individual over at the brickset forum have gotten a confirmation that TRU in Sweden will have the bricktober sets (did not know when yet), so that makes it even more likely we get them in Norway ( Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Iceland) since that is the same company :wink:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

What a huge let down*oh2* I would for sure return the set, since you are not getting what you ordered.. Either they had very few or they have been selling like crazy! If they had few why have a online promo at all, just give all the sets to the shops, so customer get them directly and know straightaway when they are sold out.. If they sold like crazy, maybe not so smart to start the promo with the most sought after set of the 4 and it is not like it is the first time they have the promo either.. All in all, badly handled by TRU Germany :hmpf:

I‘ve had bad experiences with returning sets to Toysrus, last time it took them nearly two months to send my money back.

Edited by topiku

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I doubt that Lockhart will be released. The torso is way too simple

Yeah it’s just the original minifig. I dont think anyone should expect any of these designs to be actual minifigures

I feel like perhaps that Ginny tho could be correct-also just a question but we actually rarely see anyone in just their hogwarts jumper, they nearly always have their black robes on, tho in order of the Phoenix they had it off a lot of the time but in the first two I rarely saw them without their robes, now Lego has the robes out, in 4 combinations for gryffindor do you think these will appear in sets, because having Harry in a chamber of secrets set he has the same robe configuration as his CMF counterpart

also how do I send pictures!

Edited by Legoniche

Have we gotten a date for the Bricktober pack being available at B&N in the US? I'm assuming it'll be October but it sounds like Europe is getting it early, so hopefully we do too

4 hours ago, Swamp said:

*photo*

There are also these photos from what I presume is the same book.

They are the figures that are in rumored Chamber of Secrets set. So maybe, who knows, it is really coming? I know it's not an evidence that the set is coming for sure, but what if all the unreleased figures from this book are concept arts for minifigures from another waves that are coming? You know, Lego starts making and planning sets 1.5 year before they are officially released.

I only wanted the Bricktober pack for Umbridge, but mine didn‘t arrive. And now I‘m thinking are Lego never going to release Umbridge in a set? 

I think people tend to read too much into what does or doesn't appear in a book, especially in the case of these encyclopedia-style volumes. The SW ones just regurgitate whatever artwork/photography is readily available, rarely fuss over accuracy, and still include old pictures when newer ones are out there.

With the encyclopedias Especially I doubt that TLG works closely with pubs like DK at all, not enough to give them advance artwork at any rate; they set up the terms of the license, and probably don't see much else until the approval stage(s).

For other books, like novelizations of forthcoming work (i.e. an upcoming FB movie), they would probably get some pre-vis concept art, set photos, or even a set visit, but even then there's no guarantee of accuracy. Besides, that's a different kind of book than a collection of stuff that already exists, like this HP one.

TL;DR: don't get your hopes up over this or any tie-in book.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They are the figures that are in rumored Chamber of Secrets set. So maybe, who knows, it is really coming? I know it's not an evidence that the set is coming for sure, but what if all the unreleased figures from this book are concept arts for minifigures from another waves that are coming? You know, Lego starts making and planning sets 1.5 year before they are officially released.

I think the next wave are 3-4, but IF we are getting a new wave this winter already it could be a chance that they are not finished with 1-2 yet, if so COS is a real possibility :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, I wouldn't say a designs inclusion in a book means it's a preview or confirmation of what's to come, but I suppose it is possible (if ever unlikely).

Ginny's design I could believe is real, Gildroy I think is questionable. His design seems updated from the old version, it does fit with the current Lego style. What seems wrong to me is the lack of detail and texture, he seems oddly plain.

I think all of these are characters we are likely to see in future HP waves. They wouldn’t appear exactly like they do in the book though. The first CMF series focuses mostly on Hogwarts students and teachers. I would love for the next (if there is one) to focus on death eaters and Order members.

Also, I know this would never happen, but a Death Eater battle pack style set would be amazing

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I am interested to know if Ginny will use the 2010 hair because it suits her perfectly. Same with Bellatrix (as I assume both will come at some point). Are they still in rotation, or were they only used for HP?

P.S. My review is up of the Bricktober pack if anyone wants a closer look. 

Edited by LegoSims20